It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Saudi Prince Humiliates Trump By Reminding Him Of Their Long and Cozy History

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
*Diclaimer: From January 2016 before anyone uses that as an attempt to deflect*
I noticed that there wasn't a thread made at the time...

Saudi Prince Humiliates Trump By Reminding Him Of Their Long and Cozy History

One of the “bailouts” that the prince referred to was the time that he purchased Trump’s deeply in debt yacht from the government, thereby relieving the presidential candidate of a massive $900 million debt.

Lulz, just under a Billion.
How does he amass such debt as a Billionaire exactly...

Anyways...

Then, the prince bought out the Trump Plaza Hotel, relieving the man of another significant chunk of cash.

Alternate Fortune Source

So Trump's hypocritical stance of labelling Hillary Clinton a lackey of Saudi Arabia, which is true, just shows the lengths that Trump will go to distort the views of his voter base.

Just for gits & shiggles...
Trumps Business Deals In SA Despite His Rhetoric

Details of the Republican presidential candidate's financial records have been released by the Federal Election Commission

I mean, a lot of us already knew he was a hypocrite...

But I couldn't help but do a little research to create such a huge thread about Trump's BS.

Believe me, it's the best BS. Nobody can BS better folks, and his supporters love the BS.
It'll make America great again. You'll see.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
But yet , which President is going to veto the bill (passed by unanimous vote in Congress) giving folks the right to sue Saudi Arabia for their terrorist support ? Hmmm.....which is the Saudi buddy now ? And , chances are , Clinton will follow down the same path . Sending billions of dollars to them...

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I fail to see how a logical correlation can be drawn between the Saudi's capitalizing on a good investment opportunity and donating directly to the Clinton Foundation in exchange for political power.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The U.S. petrodollar is the buddy. I'm sure you know that..no one is going to upset that apple cart.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Gothmog

The U.S. petrodollar is the buddy. I'm sure you know that..no one is going to upset that apple cart.

Partly the reason , yes.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Trump is a fake in my opinion. Clinton may indeed be corrupt as some have pointed out but I still think she is the better choice.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
But yet , which President is going to veto the bill (passed by unanimous vote in Congress) giving folks the right to sue Saudi Arabia for their terrorist support ? Hmmm.....which is the Saudi buddy now ? And , chances are , Clinton will follow down the same path . Sending billions of dollars to them...

That would be the Murderous Obama.

Believe me, folks, I don't like Obama, he is a lame duck murderer...
Believe me.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

But I couldn't help but do a little research to create such a huge thread about Trump's BS.

This is a hitherto unknown, to me, use of the word huge.

On topic: Saudi money man takes advantage of business opportunity... in other news, when hiking in the woods, take toilet paper...for the bears.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Anyone really believe Trump won't be beholden to foreign leaders he's already in debt to once he becomes president? It's a lot cheaper for him to pay them back in policy. He's a smart businessman right?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
he bought the boat from trump.... he didnt bail him out of anything:

It was originally built as Nabila for Saudi billionaire Adnan Khashoggi (named for his daughter). During Khashoggi's ownership, it was one of the largest yachts in the world but is now ranked down at 65th and continues to fall down the rankings, due to the trend of larger and larger personal yachts being built. In fact the largest yacht as of 2016 is 180 metres so Kingdom 5KR falls short of even half that size. During its days as Nabila, it was featured in the James Bond movie Never Say Never Again, in which it was seen as Flying Saucer (translated from Italian Disco Volante in the source novel, Thunderball), the villain's superyacht mobile HQ. It was also the inspiration for a track, "Khashoggi's Ship", on the 1989 album by rock band Queen, The Miracle. After Khashoggi ran into financial problems, he sold the yacht in 1988 to the Sultan of Brunei, who in turn sold it to Donald Trump for $29 million. After a refit, Trump renamed it Trump Princess. Trump sold it when he ran into financial problems in 1991[3] to Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal for $20 million.[4] The yacht's latest name stems from the Prince's investment company, Kingdom Holding Company, his lucky number (5), and his children's initials ('K' and 'R').[5] The ship has a beam of 13.25 metres (43.5 ft), a draught of 4.72 metres (15.5 ft) and fuel capacity of 515,000 litres (136,000 US gallons).

more liberal garbage

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Trump does business with Muslims: he's evil
but
If Trump doesn't do business with Muslims: he's racist which means he's evil

Lets just go with Trump is evil no matter what he does.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Some people seem to think that Trump is so wealthy that he doesnt need to rely on money from lobbyists.

Seems to me that Trump's lifestyle has been underwritten by foreign investors primarily because his American funding has dried up due to his bankruptcies and defaults.

We dont really know what Trump has or how much hes worth.

His pro-Russian bias is obvious.

Not so much because of policy but because they are his financial backers.

Anti-Russian rhetoric is stripped from the GOP platform.

When the Republican Party releases its platform Monday, the official Republican party position on arms for Ukraine will be at odds with almost all the party’s national security leaders.

Inside Trump’s financial ties to Russia and his unusual flattery of Vladimir Putin.

“Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets,” Trump’s son, Donald Jr., told a real estate conference in 2008, according to an account posted on the website of eTurboNews, a trade publication.

“We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.”

Would it be fair to say that in a sense, the Russians "own" Trump?

Trump is assembling a team of advisors who have also worked for Putin’s cronies.

Paul Manafort has also worked for the pro-Russian former president of Ukraine, Viktor Yanukovych, who was deposed in a popular revolution in 2013.

Trump’s foreign policy advisors also include Carter Page, a former advisor and current shareholder in the state-controlled Russian natural gas giant, Gazprom, who has advocated for a less adversarial US stance toward Moscow.

Donald Trump aide slams America's policy on Russia during speech in Moscow.

In an unusual critique for a man attached to a presumptive nominee for the American presidency, Carter Page said the US and other Western countries unfairly vilified Russia for its problems, including corruption, which he said was just as easily found at home.

And here is Trump's team bad mouthing the United States in the Russian capital.

I'd expect this from Obama or Kerry but Trump?

The Chinese played this all wrong.

All they had to do was give him some money.

Instead of advocating a trade war against China, he'd be telling us that theyre a wonderful bunch of hug-able plush toys.

edit on 20-9-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

So Trump puts a few of his assets on the market to help finance his run for President, and one of the FEW people in the world with the ability to afford them takes advantage of the opportunity to buy.

This is somehow scandalous?
edit on 20-9-2016 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Trump gets bailed out a lot. That time he possibly got bailed out by George Soros and Steve Feinberg, who is now his National Campaign Finance Chairman and one of his economic advisors. Then there's Carl Icahn always willing to step in and clean up after a Trump disaster. Steven Roth, another Trump economic advisor has bailed out both Trump and later Trump's son-in-law.

I'm sure I could think of a few more examples without even getting into international shenanigans.

Thanks for posing this! Pretty funny to see Trump getting called out for his hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: nobunaga

After a refit, Trump renamed it Trump Princess. Trump sold it when he ran into financial problems in 1991[3] to Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal for $20 million.

When your buddies buy the toys that you can't afford anymore, that's a bail out. Oh sorry, did I say he couldn't afford anymore? We all know that Trump doesn't regularly go nearly belly up. Right?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I'm guessing you don't know how bribery really works, do you? If I were a powerful official, someone might try to bribe me by purchasing art from a relative for an exorbitant amount of money. Or they could "scratch my back" by helping me get out of a bad business investment. Or they may even appoint one of my friends or family members to a lucrative job, or give lucrative contracts to my ally of choice.

It's all about indirect ways to funnel money from one "camp" to another.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

After a refit, Trump renamed it Trump Princess. Trump sold it when he ran into financial problems in 1991[3] to Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal for $20 million.

When your buddies buy the toys that you can't afford anymore, that's a bail out. Oh sorry, did I say he couldn't afford anymore? We all know that Trump doesn't regularly go nearly belly up. Right?

Just because you sell something dont mean you are about to go bankrupt. H e didnt sail it anymore so why pay upkeep on something you dont use?

Also Alot of business men do exactly what trump does so if he is getting bailed out so are they.

top topics

join