It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton says she can maybe 'talk to white people' about police shootings.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
How to not get shot by the police:

1. Keep your hands where they can see them at all times.
2. DO what the officers tell you
3. Be polite
4. DON'T make any sudden movements that can be interpreted as going for a weapon.

Is all of that really too hard?

It is if you:

1. Hate the police

2. Have never been taught to respect anyone in your life as too many are not these days

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Guess you missed the point. Santa ain't real, water is wet and politicians pander. Why is only one thread worthy?

My opinion, because some people think their guy is sincere.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time accepting that ATS isn't really a conspiracy site anymore.
edit on 22-9-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
American citizens just want to be able to go home to their families at the end of the day... Ya know, just like cops keep saying about themselves.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Both candidates must tell the nation the truth. The truth is...Most police shootings are the result of loose language in Federal, State, and local Laws and allowing Police Officers too much discretion to use lethal force. In fact, in the shootings of unarmed suspects is tolerated despite the fact they have other "tools" such as tasers, billy clubs, and mace that are readily available. Many cases where video recordings from witnesses often show these options are rarely utilized. Obviously, the notion of lethal force is paramount in dealing with the public.

The "let's get tough on crime" mentality is backed up with "I'm working under the color of authority" edict. Police are trained in the police academies that an officer is only to use the force necessary to make an arrest. Nothing more, nothing less. Again, the fact is many shootings of unarmed suspects are tolerated by the system despite such training. An example comes to mind when back in the day in the seventies, local police were dispatched to an apartment complex late at night. They were advised to check on a suspicious male seen in the vicinity. A possible burglary suspect needs their attention. Once they arrived, they saw a man enter an apartment building.

By the time they entered, the man disappeared. As they were walking down the corridor, they were turning the knobs of the various apartment doors. One was unlocked so they entered. Silently checking the rooms one by one. they entered a bedroom where the tenant was sleeping. The room was dark and the man was startled looking only at the flashlight in his eyes. As he sat up he was shot between the eyes. The poor bastard had no idea what happened. His only crime was to not lock his door.

Of course, the shooting was investigated and soon was declared "justified." So, this is a common occurrence even back in the day. Don't get me wrong, we definitely need police for obvious reasons, but these type of occurrences are too often and it appears we have a lot of "scared" officers who should find other career options. They want to get home safely but everyone wants the same. All lives matter yet some feel only that law enforcement members should be counted

Consider this. Law enforcement members are granted with "extra" considerations. They often enjoy, depending on their locality, employer paid "False Arrest Ins." Many have strong unions and are backed by the City Hall's Law Firm. They are equipped with a system with deep pockets. All of their actions with the public is not suspect and all your actions are viewed under a microscope. Also, they enjoy government benefits and the benefits of the blue mafia. The police are the largest gang in the nation and all too many people suffer in one way or another for their involvement with the police. The mere fact all attorneys warn you to not talk to them is good advice.

It is what it is. People who believe otherwise often find out the hard way. They are allowed to lie to you, yet, defense lawyers are quick to tell you that any falsehoods you state "will" be used against you. They will disclose to you many cases of honest and innocent interactions with the police resulted in less honest consequences.

They are military trained and funded with the resources necessary to have total control. The Supreme Court ruled that the police main duty and responsibility are to enforce the law rather than to serve and protect the community. As a result of all said, be advised that you as a citizen is greatly handicapped unless you are rich and have your law firm on speed dial. You are guilty prior to being innocent in the eyes of the law despite all assertions that say otherwise. They answer only to their superiors and work closely with all too often over-zealous prosecutors who only desire is to convict as many people as possible so as to gain approval and make his way into politics or become a Judge.

For all those who say I'm too critical on this issue, I wish I wasn't. Policing is an honorable profession and good cops are worth their weight in gold. Thank God many of them exist in our communities. It's the politics of our day that tarnish their profession. This war on crime has been the basis for those who use law enforcement as a means to control the individual to keep quiet and ignore their nefarious intentions. Only when the public demands otherwise, be prepared to deal with such intrusions in the future. So far, it appears it will only get worse.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Both candidates must tell the nation the truth. The truth is...Most police shootings are the result of loose language in Federal, State, and local Laws and allowing Police Officers too much discretion to use lethal force. In fact, in the shootings of unarmed suspects is tolerated despite the fact they have other "tools" such as tasers, billy clubs, and mace that are readily available. Many cases where video recordings from witnesses often show these options are rarely utilized. Obviously, the notion of lethal force is paramount in dealing with the public.

The "let's get tough on crime" mentality is backed up with "I'm working under the color of authority" edict. Police are trained in the police academies that an officer is only to use the force necessary to make an arrest. Nothing more, nothing less. Again, the fact is many shootings of unarmed suspects are tolerated by the system despite such training. An example comes to mind when back in the day in the seventies, local police were dispatched to an apartment complex late at night. They were advised to check on a suspicious male seen in the vicinity. A possible burglary suspect needs their attention. Once they arrived, they saw a man enter an apartment building.

By the time they entered, the man disappeared. As they were walking down the corridor, they were turning the knobs of the various apartment doors. One was unlocked so they entered. Silently checking the rooms one by one. they entered a bedroom where the tenant was sleeping. The room was dark and the man was startled looking only at the flashlight in his eyes. As he sat up he was shot between the eyes. The poor bastard had no idea what happened. His only crime was to not lock his door.

Of course, the shooting was investigated and soon was declared "justified." So, this is a common occurrence even back in the day. Don't get me wrong, we definitely need police for obvious reasons, but these type of occurrences are too often and it appears we have a lot of "scared" officers who should find other career options. They want to get home safely but everyone wants the same. All lives matter yet some feel only that law enforcement members should be counted

Consider this. Law enforcement members are granted with "extra" considerations. They often enjoy, depending on their locality, employer paid "False Arrest Ins." Many have strong unions and are backed by the City Hall's Law Firm. They are equipped with a system with deep pockets. All of their actions with the public is not suspect and all your actions are viewed under a microscope. Also, they enjoy government benefits and the benefits of the blue mafia. The police are the largest gang in the nation and all too many people suffer in one way or another for their involvement with the police. The mere fact all attorneys warn you to not talk to them is good advice.

It is what it is. People who believe otherwise often find out the hard way. They are allowed to lie to you, yet, defense lawyers are quick to tell you that any falsehoods you state "will" be used against you. They will disclose to you many cases of honest and innocent interactions with the police resulted in less honest consequences.

They are military trained and funded with the resources necessary to have total control. The Supreme Court ruled that the police main duty and responsibility are to enforce the law rather than to serve and protect the community. As a result of all said, be advised that you as a citizen is greatly handicapped unless you are rich and have your law firm on speed dial. You are guilty prior to being innocent in the eyes of the law despite all assertions that say otherwise. They answer only to their superiors and work closely with all too often over-zealous prosecutors who only desire is to convict as many people as possible so as to gain approval and make his way into politics or become a Judge.

For all those who say I'm too critical on this issue, I wish I wasn't. Policing is an honorable profession and good cops are worth their weight in gold. Thank God many of them exist in our communities. It's the politics of our day that tarnish their profession. This war on crime has been the basis for those who use law enforcement as a means to control the individual to keep quiet and ignore their nefarious intentions. Only when the public demands otherwise, be prepared to deal with such intrusions in the future. So far, it appears it will only get worse.

(post by WeAreAWAKE removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

You are correct and accurate.

hes wrong, and judging by his posts a racist.
facts

But I would like to add that NO WHITE PEOPLE RIOTED.

your racist too, stormfronts thataway.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum

facts

That is the exact source I used.
One cursory look at violent crime statistics will confirm there is a slight skew towards white people being more likely to be shot and killed by a police officer.

Violent crime committed by black people - 22.4% of total
Violent crime committed by white people - 42.9% of total
source DOJ, 2015
www.amren.com...

Police shootings of blacks as a percentage of total - 24.52%
Police shootings of whites as a percentage of total - 48.92%
source, The Counted, Guardian analysis

I am sorry if you think anyone providing data that does not support the narrative on social media and in the MSM is a racist - I can't help you with that. For the record, I am not white.
edit on 22/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum

facts

Quoting facts, numbers and asking questions is NEVER racist. That is part of the problem with people like you...typically liberals. You call racist anytime you don't like what you hear. You're goal is to shut down discussion, ignore facts and thereby remove the possibility of fixing a problem. Why? Because you don't want the problem fixed. You want to maintain the problem because it benefits your political agenda. And that makes you a user of the black community by trying to keep the stigma of racism alive at least in their minds to minimize them for your agenda's benefit.

THAT...is way worse than the truth, facts and discussion. But of course YOU wouldn't agree with that. THAT is the problem way more that racism is or ever was.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth >>> Hillary can talk to my dog's ass. They're both about the same thing.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
How is Hillary gonna convince white people theyre to blame when a Black cop kills a black criminal?
"No, no white people, theyre just protesting. This isnt a riot at all, and its their right to do so"
I live in Milwaukee. About a month ago, we had "unrest"
Sure as heck looked like a riot to me!

<< 9  10  11   >>

join