It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton says she can maybe 'talk to white people' about police shootings.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: UKTruth

30 years? Which offices has Hillary held for 30 consecutive years where she could have been working to fix a problem that has only just come to national attention within the last few years?

I still don't know how what you said there explains how a Presidential candidate can be solving problems on the campaign trail.

I see you are dodging the question.

Despite answering one of your questions, whilst you deflect, I'll even answer your follow up.
Clinton has been the wife of a Governer, First Lady for 8 years, spent 8 years as a senator for a state with significant inner city issues, and 4 years as Secretary of State, operating within the Democratic party wielding huge influence. So, plenty of opportunities to actually address the issues.

Now about speaking with white people - how is that going to solve the problem of police shooting people?
edit on 20/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Did everyone else see a different video? I saw a man walking away from police with his hands up, despite them having their guns drawn on him, towards his broken down car he thought was cool to block both lanes of traffic with, then... when he get to his vehicle door he CLEARLY puts his arms down. There's no way to tell what happens at that point. Is he trying to get in his car?!?! Is he reaching for something? Everything that guy did was absolutely stupid. Obviously, without knowing why he put his arms down I can't say whether he deserved to get shot... but he certainly didn't do himself any favors. That has nothing to do with the color of his skin, but I'm starting to wonder if there's an entire culture that has no idea how to interact with police. If they have their guns drawn on you, you follow their instructions. Walking away from them back to your car? What kind of insane stupidity is that???

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The electoral college is going to decide things in the end anyway, right? Maybe Hillary plans on talking to the white electors ?

edit on 20-9-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I see the point of what I've been trying to express to you is flying over your head. That's what I get for subtlety. The POINT I'm making is that you are asking me a strawman. Hillary talking to white people, black people, orange people, or even all people isn't going to fix anything. It's JUST talk, but that's what you do on the campaign trail. There is no fixing until you are actually elected. That's how things work here in the States. They may work differently in the UK, but I hope you try to understand this in the future before asking silly questions.

PS: I see you missed the word "consecutively" in my last post. Also, you are HIGHLY over valuing Clinton's power and authority in some of the positions you just listed.
edit on 20-9-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Like this:

"ATTENTION WHITE PEOPLE!!! I AM NOT A RACIST. I HAVE A FEW BLACK FRIENDS. IN FACT, ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS IS HALF BLACK. NOW, LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THE PROBLEM AS I SEE IT........"

Is this a suggestion that being white invalidates your opinion on racism???

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I see the point of what I've been trying to express to you is flying over your head. That's what I get for subtlety. The POINT I'm making is that you are asking me a strawman. Hillary talking to white people, black people, orange people, or even all people isn't going to fix anything. It's JUST talk, but that's what you do on the campaign trail. There is no fixing until you are actually elected. That's how things work here in the States. They may work differently in the UK, but I hope you try to understand this in the future before asking silly questions.

It's Hillary that said she is going to talk to white people. Are you saying she is being stupid? (we'd agree there)
Try not to deflect from what she actually said with nonsense about a strawman. She said it, there's no straw man. What do you think it will achieve when she trots off from her pandering session to speak to 'white people'.

P.S I ignored your word 'consecutively' as I did not say it. You dropped it in to change the parameter of the discussion, presumably because your initial point made no sense.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
At no point am I denying she said anything or that she will be doing anything. I just find your question about how Hillary speaking to white people will fix things to be dumb because Presidential candidates don't fix things. That's all. Are my words really THAT hard to understand?

Now if you want to know how Clinton plans on fixing this, I can direct you to her policies page and you can read about it, but at no point did either Clinton or myself ever suggest that she speaking to a bunch of a white people was meant to be a fix for this situation.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

At no point am I denying she said anything or that she will be doing anything. I just find your question about how Hillary speaking to white people will fix things to be dumb because Presidential candidates don't fix things. That's all. Are my words really THAT hard to understand?

Now if you want to know how Clinton plans on fixing this, I can direct you to her policies page and you can read about it, but at no point did either Clinton or myself ever suggest that she speaking to a bunch of a white people was meant to be a fix for this situation.

I think you are kind of missing the point (well not really kind of).
Hillary's words. Her plan is to speak with white people. That is what she said. We all know it was a pathetic, stupid and divisive thing to say. Only a moron would come up with something like that. We can agree there.

It's confusing though that you would bring up the fact she is not in office yet when the thread is about what SHE said.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: neveroddoreven99

Did everyone else see a different video? I saw a man walking away from police with his hands up, despite them having their guns drawn on him, towards his broken down car he thought was cool to block both lanes of traffic with,

Uhh...his car stalled...he wasn't intending to block traffick...I am confused why you think a stalled car deserves the death penalty? Yes. his hands where on his head.

then... when he get to his vehicle door he CLEARLY puts his arms down. There's no way to tell what happens at that point.

Yes there is a way to tell what happens...His arms went down because he was shot with a tazer...according to the video, audio and the police themselves. He was then immediately shot and killed when his arms dropped from being shot with the tazer...The Police themselves have acknowledged the events.

Is he trying to get in his car?!?! Is he reaching for something?

No...he is reacting to being shot with a tazer...

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

My point has only been that your commentary is off. Also you have a terrible grasp of Hillary's range of power and authority over the last 30 years. That too.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

My point has only been that your commentary is off.

I see, then what you are saying is that you didn't really have a point.
You raised the topic of what she could do when in office (or couldn't).

This thread is about her saying she is going to 'talk to white people' in regard to police bias. That is all I am commenting on, which is factual, so not really off.

If you stayed on topic, you would not have confused yourself.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Now about speaking with white people - how is that going to solve the problem of police shooting people?

just ignoring it wont make it go away, so at least talking is a start.
if asking you to stop murdering people upsets you, then you need a long hard look in the mirror.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I am so sick of this false racism narrative. Sure, there is a police brutality issue within some of our law enforcement agencies and that needs to be (and is being) addressed. If only BLM started without the race card and focused on the real problem, then I may have been supportive. But to wrap it all up in completely false and grossly upside down statistics just makes them all look insane, totally living in a false reality that is pushed by Obama and Hillary to keep things the way they are.

For the vast majority of white Americans not living in an inner city, race is a non-issue. I seriously thought it died with my grandfathers generation until Obama and BLM brought it back to the surface. I see two Americas, the inner cities and the other 95% of the country. The inner cities are still in a 50 year long war between gangs and law, easy to see why people who have only known that life to be ignorant of the real America. Maybe if they ousted their democrat overlords things would get better.

In general, I think we need to stop talking in generalities
America is not full of racism! There are pockets of race issues that have been born out of the war on drugs and the all too easy drift towards criminal activity for those on welfare.

Another four years of this BS race baiting with Hillary would not be good.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum

just ignoring it wont make it go away, so at least talking is a start.
if asking you to stop murdering people upsets you, then you need a long hard look in the mirror.

She's asking white people specifically, according to herself.
What about black cops who shoot black suspects?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Hillary's words. Her plan is to speak with white people.

When asked about white on black racism...systematic, as in the Tulsa shooting that Harvey asked about..who else would you talk to about the problem? Seriously....A bunch of white cops shoot and kill a black man standing beside his stalled vehicle with his hands on his head? Are you going to talk to black people about how to stand still while being shot by the police?

Effen Trump supporters have invented their own insane Political Correctness around white people as victims...And that is what this OP is about..the Alt-Right PC reactionaries, special snowflakes that get offended at the word "White".

(post by Mulsanne removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Ok Im white and I am listening. Please Hillary tell me how its my fault cops shoot black people.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

so we can expect to not hear from you about any of Trumps further gaffes on the campaign trail?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: UKTruth

Hillary's words. Her plan is to speak with white people.

When asked about white on black racism...systematic, as in the Tulsa shooting that Harvey asked about..who else would you talk to about the problem? Seriously....A bunch of white cops shoot and kill a black man standing beside his stalled vehicle with his hands on his head? Are you going to talk to black people about how to stand still while being shot by the police?

Effen Trump supporters have invented their own insane Political Correctness around white people as victims...And that is what this OP is about..the Alt-Right PC reactionaries, special snowflakes that get offended at the word "White".

Hillary expanded the conversation to a general issue - the sensible thing to say would be something along the lines of working with the police to identify the specific points of failure and develop a program to improve or solve the issue. Outreach programs to actually involve the community would be a good start. Taking the best practices of police forces where there is no issue and standardising them, etc. You know, common sense stuff. Instead, she came up with a moronic statement that she 'would talk to white people'. Quite what she will say to white people I don't know, or even which white people she will talk to. I guess she's stuck if she has to talk to a police chief who is black.

What she said was divisive and moronic.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

and when he was told to "halt, freeze, don't move", what about that?

it's not justification for murder, but to not obey a gaggle of cops with their guns drawn is a stupid, stupid thing to do.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join