It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bestman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well, I'm in a bit of a dilemma. However, some may think it's no big deal. I have a wedding coming up this weekend and I'm best man. I'm supposed to give a speech in front of 300+ people and I have no idea what to say, let alone write. I'm already nervous of the fact of speaking in front of that many people, so I'm looking for advice on how to approach the situation. I know it sounds corny, but it's stressful.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

The Knot

Sorry I have never done a best man speech....BUT found this and it seems to have a bunch of info. Hope it helps

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
My opinion is that humor and confidence (even if it's feigned) go a long way. By humor I mean perhaps an ice breaker but not at anyone's expense. Focus on the qualities of the bride and groom that you most admire, and on the best qualities they enhance in the other. Make some sort of inference to longevity and health of the relationship.. some reference to love and romance and viola! A great best man speech! People are there to have fun and celebrate and unless it goes really wrong (or really right!) they won't remember the details, just the spirit of your speech.

ETA: And don't get too wasted before the speech!!!
If that's your thing, that is.

edit on 20-9-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Be yourself. Tell a true,funny story of the groom ( not one involving another woman). Look out above the people, not directly at them and go for it. He's a friend now & if you ever had a thing for his girl, then you could do some damage as well as set something up for the future......In jest.
edit on 20-9-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join