It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello Tea Party... where are you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Remember the Tea Party? For a while they were the bright new kids on the block, promising to change the world and make America great again. They held rallies, drank beer, played guitars and sang songs around campfires, and generally acted like the right wing version of hippies.

Today the movement is in terminal decline. It's hard to find anyone who will admit they belong to the Tea Party, and its once famous rallies are now just a distant memory.

Some pundits suggested that Trump would become the Tea Party figurehead, but its members have been deeply divided over his chequered past, his notorious corruption, and his globalist ambitions. During the primaries Trump polled so badly among Tea Party members that Cruz actually won the Tea Party vote in Ohio.

Does anyone know what the Tea Party is doing these days? Have they managed to regroup after the crushing defeat they suffered in the last federal election? Is Trump doing more to win them over? And what about the Koch brothers, who own the Tea Party and bankrolled it from day one? Talk on the street is that they personally despise Trump and don't want their movement associated with him.

Can the Tea Party survive this election?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MongolianPaellaFish

Well here on ATS the same members that pushed the tea party agenda are now pushing propaganda for Trump.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

The Tea Party served it's purpose.

That purpose was a historic takeover of both the Senate and Congress by Republicans.

Whoops, you must have forgot that part.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hopefully they're prepping in their basements, having finally realized the futility of changing the game playing by someone else's rules.

I'm not holding my breath, though.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The 'TEA' Party was never an Entity...'Taxed Enough Already' is an ideal...one which has taken hold and is very much alive and well.

link   

Why?

Are you guys running out of things to bitch and moan about? Need more reasons to scream RACIST, BIGOT?

Hell, the T Party was compromised by the Neocons just like Occupy was hijacked Progs.

If you had been paying attention, you would have noticed that ANY grassroots organization that was perceived as a threat to the status quo power elite it didn't take long before they were taken over and their original message was transformed into something entirely different.

Anytime you see a threat to the system, you will see one of the rare moments where all of a sudden the 2 Wings all of a sudden come to an agreement.

There is one thing the Progs and Neocons have in common. Globalism!

edit on 20-9-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

link   

More than three years after it admitted to targeting tea party groups for intrusive scrutiny, the IRS has finally released a near-complete list of the organizations it snagged in a political dragnet. The tax agency filed the list last month as part of a court case after a series of federal judges, fed up with what they said was the agency’s stonewalling, ordered it to get a move on. The case is a class-action lawsuit, so the list of names is critical to knowing the scope of those who would have a claim against the IRS.

www.washingtontimes.com...

The "tea party" was targeted for destruction by the IRS at the behest of the democratic administration. The case is still making its way through the court system. It has all the elements of the current administrations corruption: missing emails, confidential information not handled properly, servers destroyed. The IRS stands as another reason for a change in leadership.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

The Tea Party served it's purpose.

That purpose was a historic takeover of both the Senate and Congress by Republicans.

Whoops, you must have forgot that part.

I didn't forget that part, but it doesn't answer my question. Furthermore, the Tea Party itself never claimed that its sole purpose was to achieve 'a historic takeover of both the Senate and Congress by Republicans' (and how does that goal differ from the Republican Party mission anyway?) Its members always anticipated that the movement would become a permanent fixture on the American political landscape.

Are you saying you believe the Tea Party is now dead?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
The 'TEA' Party was never an Entity...'Taxed Enough Already' is an ideal...one which has taken hold and is very much alive and well.

Actually it was and is an entity.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Why?

Are you guys running out of things to bitch and moan about? Need more reasons to scream RACIST, BIGOT?

I don't know who 'you guys' are and why you think I'm one of them. If you look at my posts on ATS you won't find me screaming 'racist, bigot' at anyone. So you've got the wrong guy.

Hell, the T Party was compromised by the Neocons

This is a very interesting theory, can you expand on it please? How could the Neocons hijack a movement that was created by the Koch brothers, who are strongly anti-Neocon?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
The "tea party" was targeted for destruction by the IRS at the behest of the democratic administration.

Sensible responses only, please.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Who cares? No seriously. The less I hear from those un-American "Waaah I don't like the direction of government so I'm going to stamp my feet and make sure nothing gets done!" schmucks the better.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

All the tea party candidates running in the primaries were defeated by the people of Kansas, All of the tea party candidates that was supporting the tea party governor LOST!

Performance is everything and the tea party didn't preform, they just made things worst.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

The "tea party" was targeted for destruction by the IRS at the behest of the democratic administration. The case is still making its way through the court system. It has all the elements of the current administrations corruption: missing emails, confidential information not handled properly, servers destroyed. The IRS stands as another reason for a change in leadership.

Truth -- and definitely bears repeating!

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilburnRoach

All the tea party candidates running in the primaries were defeated by the people of Kansas, All of the tea party candidates that was supporting the tea party governor LOST!

Performance is everything and the tea party didn't preform, they just made things worst.

But why did they lose? I always had the impression that the Tea Party was a hugely popular movement. As one person has said in this thread already, they were credited with winning the Senate and Congress for the Republicans.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MongolianPaellaFish

originally posted by: shooterbrody
The "tea party" was targeted for destruction by the IRS at the behest of the democratic administration.

Sensible responses only, please.

That is the most sensible and truthful response you've gotten. Do you not want to know the truth? Or do you just not want others to know the truth?

Everything you need to know about the IRS scandal in one FAQ
Federal Judge Says IRS Still Targeting Tea Party With Classic ‘Catch-22’
Appeals Court Revives IRS Tea Party Targeting Case
IRS admits targeting conservatives for tax scrutiny in 2012 election
IRS Office That Targeted Tea Party Also Disclosed Confidential Docs From Conservative Groups

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Well compare the two states Kansas and the next door state of Colorado.

One state is showing massive success the other Kansas just rejected all tea party candidates in the Republican primary.

The same idiots that once supported the tea party has switched to Trump, I guess they are expecting better results??

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Be sure to not take responsibility for the offices you nuts won. The tea Party more than had the chance to make things better. Shutting down the government to make Obama look bad made more since to them. Continually voting to end Obama care wasn't a waste of time.....

The Tea Party was always a hard brand to sell and its almost impossible to sell that brand today. Trumps brand will be the next to fall.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
ooh I member!

But in all seriousness I recall the initial birth of the "Tea Party movement" came as a result of the Ron Paul campaign and his supporters. It would soon later get hijacked and used by sectors of the Republican party in order to try and capitalize on movement of the grassroots supporters that Ron Paul's campaign had manifested.

It worked to some extent until pretty quickly the real Ron Paul supporters realized the movement was hijacked and really had nothing to do with what the movement was originally about.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Trying desperately to recapture those moist crumbly scones so popular with tea?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join