It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GERMAN Chancellor Angela Merkel has admitted she regrets opening Germany's doors.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I had to shorten the title.

Well, now that Merkel is losing in elections, she regrets her open door immigration policy. She even claims she didn't know people wanted a change in policy. How did she miss that? She didn't think that, after all the trouble and attacks, that people were tired of being overrun? This just looks like pandering, now that she's on the losing side. Sadly, there's not much to be done. Pandora's box is open and the massive influx of "refugees" are there to stay. And all the troubles they've brought with them.

www.express.co.uk...

Following a devastating defeat in Berlin state elections today, Mrs Merkel said she accepted her share of responsibility for voters punishing her ruling Christian Democratic Union of Germany (CDU) party for her refugee-friendly migrant policy.
Speaking at a news conference in Berlin, she said: "If I could, I would turn back the time by many, many years." The German premier admitted she could have been better prepared for the influx of migrants last year. She added if she knew how people wanted her to change her migrant policy she would consider it. And she admitted Germany had not been "world champions" in integrating migrants in the past, saying it would take time to integrate them. Monday's defeat is the second in two weeks, with the Chancellor being defeated in her own constituency in the state of Mecklenburg-Western-Pomerania.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Talk about your out of touch politicians .

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
She was a fool to throw the gates open without a coherent contingency plan.

Now she's reaping the rewards of her recklessness.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MongolianPaellaFish

www.express.co.uk...

If you follow that link, it shows several pictures of "refugees" and one thing really sticks out. No women. No children. All men, between 18 and 35. I think many just saw this as a chance to get in to Europe.
And what worries me most, is the massive rise in rape and other attacks against women, not to mention the chances of ISIS radicals using it as a way in.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
She pretty much pushed the uk public into voting brexit .

Before mad merkal opend the flood gates polls here sided with remaining in the EU by a large margin.

She has destroyed the EU.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Absolute f#cking bullsh1t.......

The nerve of her is astounding, all the time people where warning what was going to happen and indeed it did, it also meant that as Germany just let in god knows how many "unvetted" migrants that of course then went onto flood France, Belgium,Sweden etc, it now means the whole of Europe has copious amounts of totally unrecorded people from location that are Daesh strong holds where they where even boasting that members where to be hidden within the migrants. It truly is the twilight zone.

What do we make of the orders given out to the police for the softly softly approach to any crime committed by a newly arrived migrants, how far up the food chain did that order come from???..

Source, yes it's RT but there are numerous others all the same
www.rt.com...

And then to shout racist at any opposition she faced is farcical at best and murderous at worst, we will now have a legacy of at least a decade of this madness to then have a native population over run as the birth rates of of the migrants v the natives are totally off the scale.

And she now claims she was wrong, Please......

RA

edit on 20-9-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

From everything I've been reading, the E.U. is falling apart. Lots of infighting and some countries are refusing immigrants. Austria is building a fence and Hungary is putting up a secondary wall.
How Merkel "missed" all that is rather suspicious.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Slider, I couldn't add more to your's, it pretty much sums up the fate of the E.U. and it's people for the next decade.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I could believe that she's so out of touch with the average person in Germany that she had no idea.

Maybe we need to figure out why and how that's possible.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

The political elite are nothing like us. They do not and in some cases have never, had to put up with the day to day problems of the working class. They are insulated, protected and pampered. I have to wonder, what made them think hundreds of thousands of refugees pouring in to the E.U., from countries with almost no respect for life and an attitude toward women that is beyond disgusting, would be a good idea.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

She has certainly earned her place in the annals of history.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

They don't understand the real world. They don't know whats happening in our neighborhoods and like you said they are insulated.

They just have no clue they have all these ideas but they don't come from a place of experience. However altruistic doesn't matter because they aren't tuned into the same reality as us.

A lot of these wealthier people are elitist as well. They believe they are better than everyone who makes less money than them.
edit on 20-9-2016 by Darkmadness because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
She is a disaster.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I can see allot of ppl not liking to take ppl from the war in such a numbers in but then again shouldnt we raise the voices against these mad wars? Try to understand it is not refugees fault they are in chaos after years and years of fear of death and living in misery.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
what people don't understand, more so here, germany has taken 800'000 refugees, america around 3'000 and britain under 2'000.
the country is getting no help from the rest of europe, the far right has been on the rise and spread their racist bile at every opportunity.
what is being ignored here, not surprisingly, is die linke a left wing party has prospered most.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: romilo
I can see allot of ppl not liking to take ppl from the war in such a numbers in but then again shouldnt we raise the voices against these mad wars? Try to understand it is not refugees fault they are in chaos after years and years of fear of death and living in misery.

NO ONE I believe is against taking real refugees, the issue here was that there was NO Vetting done what so ever, you had Pakistani nationals, Algerian,Moroccan,Tunisian,Eritrean, Somalian the list goes on and on. Basically if you wanted into Europe from anywhere that was the time to go for it. I know as my job role in London brought me into contact with enough people with zero documentation..

Just state you are under 18 and a refugee and you was given the green light no questions, remember the guy that was put into a school as he claimed he was 16 yet he looked about 35...

It was a absurd notion to think that only true refugees would try to gain access, and why if they where refugees did they not claim asylum in the first safe country???...

Without a shred of any personal information they could be anyone from anywhere, it was a major screw up that put her native country at great risk and that risk was shared with Germany as soon as these people started to spread throughout the bloc..

RA

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: romilo

Try to understand it is not refugees fault they are in chaos after years and years of fear of death and living in misery.

blogs.spectator.co.uk...

Even Frans Timmermans, Vice President of the European Commission, made this point this week. In his accounting, at least 60pc of the people who are here are economic migrants who should not be here – are from North African states such as Morocco and Tunisia. As he told Dutch television:- “These are people that you can assume have no reason to apply for refugee status.” Swedish officials are coming to a similar conclusion, saying that as many as 80,000 of the mainly young men who have gone to Sweden as ‘refugees’ in the past year alone are no such thing.

edit on 20-9-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

She regrets not preparing well enough for the opening of the doors not the actual opening , she still believes she is right in what she did and continues to advocate.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
um, you might want to read some other news stories....this one here (paywall warning) seems to show she is actually unrepentant since she seems bent on maintaining the current non thinking absurd policy...

www.wsj.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Oh, I don't think she's sorry for doing it, I think she's backpedaling because of the results of the election.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join