It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Philippines:: De Lima, 3 million in drug payments every month.. Corruption PH

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Well I know a few on here will be following the current situation in the Philippines regarding Duterte and his administration.

A situation that is unfolding quickly here is the case of Senator Leila De Lima that is in very hot water.

There is two situations going on at the moment regarding her, one is a confirmed "sex" tape that was released of her and her "Driver" performing acts on camera.

De Lima out right denied it was her and claimed it was a Fake
news article from 2014

newsinfo.inquirer.net...

The second situation has cost her the position as senator as a vote of no confidence has been cast, now the meat and veg of all this is that there are a number of sources stating she was accepting in the region of 3 Million Peso every month approx £50,000 or $37,000 USD..

A massive prison drug ring was uncovered where "get this", inmates had a full blown drug lab set up in the prison, the king pin's of this are stating that cash payments where given to De Lima to allow the operation to continue.

Source
www.xolxol.ph...

Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II alleged Monday
www.gmanetwork.com...

Aguirre said convicted kidnapper Jaybee Sebastian instructed gang leaders and allied drug lords to sell 20 to 50 kilos of shabu every month and remit part of the proceeds to De Lima, who at that time seemed to be eyeing a Senate run in 2013.

The Department of Justice has at least 30 witnesses, including National Bureau of Investigation personnel and high-profile inmates, who agreed to testify on De Lima's alleged complicity in the drug operations inside the NBP while she was justice chief.

I know a lot of people will say "so what" but this is the level of corruption that has plagued the Philippines for decades, it is very early days with this investigation but it is very damning. I heard on the news today that there are phones linked to De Lima that have been used within the drug trade..

This person was the former Secretary of the Department of Justice!!!!..

Of course the counter argument will be that Duterte is just cleaning out opposition, but iffy dealings regarding De Lima where floating about long before Duterte was even known to be running for President.

This is massive news here and sorry I could not get more info up as I am living rural I do not have access to a good news stream about this situation..

RA

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I hear you. I am in Luzon. I can see corruption clearly., but Duterte's push might be a good thing...'?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

I'm not saying she deserves to die that's not my call in fact I'm against killing unless it's in self defense but her boss' death squads will most likely get her unless she leaves the country somehow.

Things are messed up over there right now

edit on 20-9-2016 by DigitalVigilante420 because: Spell check

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420
ummm, I have no knowledge of political rivals being executed so far as I can tell...., but things need to be addressed here, politics are far and deep here in the Philippines .

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: jappee
I hear you. I am in Luzon. I can see corruption clearly., but Duterte's push might be a good thing...'?

Mate as you know the country is 100% behind Duterte, I must say I have seen a noted difference since he took office but we have a long running thread about that already on ATS that has split opinion.

I guess from the comment that you support the way the Philippines is heading which is inline to what has been posted here and social media, people from outside the country think Filipinos and expats there are mad for allowing the situation to happen and rumors seem to be running rampant on international news.. I take it you have not had to deal with any "death squads" as many people believe they are everywhere killing everyone..

@DigitalVigilante420

If it goes the distance she will be looking at a stupidly long sentence or worse.. I do not believe any "death squad" will get her.. Not sure how you could state things are messed up unless you are in the country??.. The natives loves Duterte and as stated above there is a massive ATS thread on this matter that turned into a can of worms.

RA

RA

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

I can not agree with you more. Yeah every Pinoy is fully behind Detuetre and things seem to be getting better. As far as I can tell so far...

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: jappee

You may have misinterpreted me somehow..

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
Well I know a few on here will be following the current situation in the Philippines regarding Duterte and his administration.

A situation that is unfolding quickly here is the case of Senator Leila De Lima that is in very hot water.

There is two situations going on at the moment regarding her, one is a confirmed "sex" tape that was released of her and her "Driver" performing acts on camera.

De Lima out right denied it was her and claimed it was a Fake
news article from 2014

newsinfo.inquirer.net...

The second situation has cost her the position as senator as a vote of no confidence has been cast, now the meat and veg of all this is that there are a number of sources stating she was accepting in the region of 3 Million Peso every month approx £50,000 or $37,000 USD..

A massive prison drug ring was uncovered where "get this", inmates had a full blown drug lab set up in the prison, the king pin's of this are stating that cash payments where given to De Lima to allow the operation to continue.

Source
www.xolxol.ph...

Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II alleged Monday
www.gmanetwork.com...

Aguirre said convicted kidnapper Jaybee Sebastian instructed gang leaders and allied drug lords to sell 20 to 50 kilos of shabu every month and remit part of the proceeds to De Lima, who at that time seemed to be eyeing a Senate run in 2013.

The Department of Justice has at least 30 witnesses, including National Bureau of Investigation personnel and high-profile inmates, who agreed to testify on De Lima's alleged complicity in the drug operations inside the NBP while she was justice chief.

I know a lot of people will say "so what" but this is the level of corruption that has plagued the Philippines for decades, it is very early days with this investigation but it is very damning. I heard on the news today that there are phones linked to De Lima that have been used within the drug trade..

This person was the former Secretary of the Department of Justice!!!!..

Of course the counter argument will be that Duterte is just cleaning out opposition, but iffy dealings regarding De Lima where floating about long before Duterte was even known to be running for President.

This is massive news here and sorry I could not get more info up as I am living rural I do not have access to a good news stream about this situation..

RA

From what I know of Duterte she is not long for this world.

One of his campaign pledges was to kill corrupt officials and he has a very strong track record of carrying out his promises in regards to killing criminals.

new topics

top topics

join