It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drag queen wears clothes coated in HIV blood to festival.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
on the one hand, HIV doesn't do so well in the open air. So there was likely little risk to anyone by the time the blood had dried.

On the other hand, anyone doing something simply for the sake of shock value is a moron that is worthy of ignoring.

Which is what I shall now do.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

You support screwing around with viral blood?
I 'm not a cop.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: RedDragon

You support screwing around with viral blood?
I 'm not a cop.

It's not infectious and has been ruled as such by a licensed professional.

You support knee-jerk outrage due to an ineptitude to understand scientific fact?

Deny ignorance indeed.
edit on 25-9-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

I really don't CARE about his OR your opinion.
I am an expert with a CLAYMORE but that doesn't mean I can walk down the STREET for some demented SJW speech prop now DOES it?
BIO is variable ,rare but it CAN happen.
Irresponsible handling is ALWAYS wrong.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Except that it was cleared by a licensed professional; the exact opposite of improper handling and can hardly be considered a careless gesture.

You people are just looking for any excuse to perpetuate your bias towards anything you deem "SJW", which, in this case, apparently includes any LGBT person.

No intellectual integrity being brought forth, so I'll just choose to laugh at the stupidity y'all are spewing.
edit on 26-9-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Utterly Disgusting. This is not way to promote hygiene and safety. I think this is more idiocracy going on.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
Utterly Disgusting. This is not way to promote hygiene and safety. I think this is more idiocracy going on.

The intention was for people to become more aware of the virus and how it works rather than being afraid of the very mention of it.

Unfortunately some people would rather be irrational and ignorant forever, though.

Learning would be a waste of precious time that could be spent being reactionary.
edit on 26-9-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Nope, I'm SHUNNING bad behavior.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Nope, I'm SHUNNING bad behavior.

I don't even believe that you believe that.
edit on 27-9-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Then you don't KNOW me very well and haven't the depth to try.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Doesn't really matter if the blood was infectious or not. Doesn't really matter if it had HIV. Doesn't really matter if it was on a tiara or a coat.

What matters is that now people will think of the stoopidity of this display every time they hear about HIV. They won't think about her message, they'll think about her stoopid.

Way to equate stoopid with HIV. Yay... now it's a mental disease too. Yay...

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Doesn't really matter if the blood was infectious or not. Doesn't really matter if it had HIV. Doesn't really matter if it was on a tiara or a coat.

What matters is that now people will think of the stoopidity of this display every time they hear about HIV. They won't think about her message, they'll think about her stoopid.

Way to equate stoopid with HIV. Yay... now it's a mental disease too. Yay...

TheRedneck

Yea, that is a pickle.

But really; whose fault is that?

We already know that this individual is not very bright.

It's up to others to not allow their intellectualism to be pigeon-holed into a shallow set of semi-relational circumstances. Those people can be recognized in this thread as the ones who are apt to post knee-jerk socio-political rhetoric in reaction to this very story.

They seem triggered, don't they?

It's SJW-left vs. SJW-right stupidity.
edit on 27-9-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I can see both sides of the argument. On one hand, HIV is not as contagious as many fear it is. On the other hand, it is 100% fatal, debilitating before, and carries a bad connotation. Those with it want to inform and dispel the fear surrounding it to live a better life as much as they can; others are rightly terrified of catching it.

You do not defeat fear with more fear. That's like shooting a tsunami with a water pistol.

I don't care if he's not the brightest bulb in the box... it's up to those wanting to change public opinion towards AIDS to stand up to those who are hurting their cause. As long as they allow this kind of stoopid, their cause is doomed.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join