It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible for the law of attraction, quantum physics- thoughts are things apply to god, Jesus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Is it possible for a person's or a group of persons experience, belief or faith in God or some other god or higher power cause said God or higher power to be manifested in our physical reality without said God actually being real and true as the bible or any other book or scripure dictates? What do you guys who have some experience on this subject think? I did not read or hear this from anyone, this came straight from my own head. And I have been thinking about this for a long time now!

Thank you all in advance for your input!

Mike

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MikeS80

i read a sci-fi/fantasy type of books long time ago called The Coldfire Trilogy. it is based off of this idea. was one of my favorite series i read .

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Jesus is an archetype or character born out of our human experience. Jesus is called the "image of God", we all see an image every waking moment of our lives (unless you're blind of course). What is this image of the world we see consisted of? Different frequencies of LIGHT, each frequency creating a particular color and form which makes up the world around us. We are an image of light just as Jesus says of himself.

He represents humanity as a whole and what we all are on a fundamental level: a divine expression of God that comes in the form of an image of light that reveals the universal body. What is the church? The body of Christ, it is the congregation of believers. What does "Catholic" mean? Universal, it is the bastardized and corrupted form of the true universal body which is the world around us and the bodies we see.

Christ is the image that reveals the body, what you see right now, the "light of the world" and "light of life". God the Father is the invisible Spirit within us that gives life to the body and image. That's a trinity: Father Spirit, Mother Body, and Son the Image. We are created in God's image, the image we see every single moment of our conscious lives. Look into a mirror, you are created in God's image, the image of light and light of the world, a.k.a. "Jesus". "Those who have seen me (Jesus) have seen the Father." What you see (the light) is proof of the Spirit within you, so those who have seen the image have seen God, you see God as you read this and as the bible says "God is light".

I believe that my beliefs align with your question, so my answer would be that yes it is possible for people to draw inspiration from the bible or any other holy book and come to a very different conclusion than its followers when it comes to who or what God is.

edit on 9/19/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Read up on the Phillip Experiment. Pretty sure its debunked but have not read the debunk part so not sure how solid the debunking stance and evidence is.

Interesting read though.

Coomba98

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Jesus is not a God. Never was known as one.

The answer to your question does not need a written or verbal explanation.

But.. billions of conscious humans have prayed, meditated, willed, believed.. put all their heart and intent on meeting or having their God here on this earth plane.

Still nothing.

Will never happen. The only way this would make sense or be possible, is to say your concept of God, is built OF the universal matter/material itself, and therefore confined to it by its own natural laws/forces.

Yet the usual concept or idea of a God being, is one that outside of time and not confined of the universe.
Which would mean, not within it either, not made of universal matter/material.

One can't have it both ways; be confined and not confined by universal/natural laws.

If it were a possibility, it would of happened by now via the billion souls that have thrived and lived for their God throughout the ages, willing communion.

There is no evidence other then books written by unknown authors, edited too many times to know, with unknown intentions throughout millenia.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: luke1212

i read a sci-fi/fantasy type of books long time ago called The Coldfire Trilogy. it is based off of this idea. was one of my favorite series i read .
Interesting, I never heard of the The Coldfire Trilogy before. I shall Google it!

Thanks for the reply!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Jesus is an archetype or character born out of our human experience. Jesus is called the "image of God", we all see an image every waking moment of our lives (unless you're blind of course). What is this image of the world we see consisted of? Different frequencies of LIGHT, each frequency creating a particular color and form which makes up the world around us. We are an image of light just as Jesus says of himself.

He represents humanity as a whole and what we all are on a fundamental level: a divine expression of God that comes in the form of an image of light that reveals the universal body. What is the church? The body of Christ, it is the congregation of believers. What does "Catholic" mean? Universal, it is the bastardized and corrupted form of the true universal body which is the world around us and the bodies we see.

Christ is the image that reveals the body, what you see right now, the "light of the world" and "light of life". God the Father is the invisible Spirit within us that gives life to the body and image. That's a trinity: Father Spirit, Mother Body, and Son the Image. We are created in God's image, the image we see every single moment of our conscious lives. Look into a mirror, you are created in God's image, the image of light and light of the world, a.k.a. "Jesus". "Those who have seen me (Jesus) have seen the Father." What you see (the light) is proof of the Spirit within you, so those who have seen the image have seen God, you see God as you read this and as the bible says "God is light".

I believe that my beliefs align with your question, so my answer would be that yes it is possible for people to draw inspiration from the bible or any other holy book and come to a very different conclusion than its followers when it comes to who or what God is.

It is not what I asked, but it was an interesting read nonetheless!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Yes, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, deity of the Pastafarians, first mentioned by Bobby Henderson in 2005, has made His presence and ability to effect change in the World known to me by unmistakable signs.

As we all know, The Flying Spaghetti Monster has special divine people (Pirates), and coincidentally, today is Talk Like a Pirate Day. So perfect timing.

Back about 5 years ago, I was hauled out of a long hiatus from thinking about gods, goddesses, and anything related to religion, and invited to join ATS to "help fight against the mean atheists". So while I was re-acquainting myself with the various versions of the Old Testament deity and the New Testament deity, my Granddaughter had a birthday. The theme, chosen by her parents was to be Pirates. I think it had to do with a cartoon movie she liked.

Somehow or other I ended up with a pirate skull shaped mylar/helium balloon complete with eye patch. The house I was living in had 11 foot ceiling. This balloon, which normally was hitting the ceiling, would somehow, when not watched, manage to drop down the four feet necessary to go through the doorway, and sneak into my bedroom. And no, it wasn't a draft or wind current, I tested for that with a lit cigarette, watching the smoke pattern. So, whenever I went into my room to go to bed, there it was, and I would haul it out to the living room again.

After about 2 weeks, enough helium had escaped so that the balloon would hover halfway between floor and ceiling.

One morning, I woke up to see the skull face two inches in front of my face, leaning right in, like a person would do for a face to face encounter. That was pretty startling to say the least. Kind of like 0:35 of this clip but closer.

For a few years, I thought it was one of the Old Testament deities messing with me, but recently I concluded that the Flying Spaghetti Monster was a more likely candidate.

Happy Talk Like a Pirate day!
International Talk Like A Pirate Day

edit on 19-9-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98

Read up on the Phillip Experiment. Pretty sure its debunked but have not read the debunk part so not sure how solid the debunking stance and evidence is.

Interesting read though.

Coomba98

Okay, I read up on the Phillip Experiment like you suggested, and the Phillip Experiment is a lot different then my question! Here is a quick overview of the Phillip Experiment: a group of Canadian parapsychologists wanted to attempt an experiment to create a ghost, proving their theory that the human mind can produce spirits through expectation, imagination and visualization and they attempted to communicate with the ghost through a séance. They did not try to manifest the ghost in physical human form with their minds by believing in it and/or having faith in it, instead they tried to communicate with the ghost through a séance!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

The part i find relative is 'an enity created by people who then have a subjective communal experience with said created non-existing entity.'

Pretty sure some say in the Phillip Experiment that the enity did appear, but everyone saw and described the entity differently. But thats beside the point.

Love psychology.

Coomba98

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

If God is Omnipresent, and Omnipotent, and one seeks a Union with God and focuses themselves to a manifestation of Him in a fashion they understand seeking Divine Union, then should He so choose, he will reveal Himself.

However, from my personal experience, most persons who go about the business of invocation open themselves to the very real world of the demonic, who will impersonate godliness, in order to predate on human folly and egoism.

God is Omnipresent and Omnipotent.

If you seek to know Him, look around with your heart and mind in a pure state.

Everything all around is full of His Glory.

Once again, it is sad that so many seek fantastical visions or expansive miracles for confirmation, when the silent and subtle Grave of just Being should be enough. Most people aren't seeking Peace and Unification, they are instead dabbling in occultic forces without understanding they are doing so.

Granted, this has just been my experience, your mileage may vary.

What aspect is your focus at this point in your Journey?
That's the real question.

edit on 9/20/16 by GENERAL EYES because: grammar edit

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Here You go Mike this 'may' be what You're searching for...

en.wikipedia.org...

quanta-gaia.org...

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: luke1212

Neil Gaiman wrote a book about this too. It's called American Gods. There is also a pseudo-followup (not a direct sequel but takes place in the same world) in Anansi Boys.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

If God is Omnipresent, and Omnipotent, and one seeks a Union with God and focuses themselves to a manifestation of Him in a fashion they understand seeking Divine Union, then should He so choose, he will reveal Himself.

However, from my personal experience, most persons who go about the business of invocation open themselves to the very real world of the demonic, who will impersonate godliness, in order to predate on human folly and egoism.

God is Omnipresent and Omnipotent.

If you seek to know Him, look around with your heart and mind in a pure state.

Everything all around is full of His Glory.

Once again, it is sad that so many seek fantastical visions or expansive miracles for confirmation, when the silent and subtle Grave of just Being should be enough. Most people aren't seeking Peace and Unification, they are instead dabbling in occultic forces without understanding they are doing so.

Granted, this has just been my experience, your mileage may vary.

What aspect is your focus at this point in your Journey?
That's the real question.

That's not what I asked but okay! I did not mention if I believed in a god or not! I think there could be a god.
edit on 09 10 2016 by MikeS80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98

The part i find relative is 'an enity created by people who then have a subjective communal experience with said created non-existing entity.'

Pretty sure some say in the Phillip Experiment that the enity did appear, but everyone saw and described the entity differently. But thats beside the point.

Love psychology.

Coomba98
Yes, it is close but no cigar!

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Here You go Mike this 'may' be what You're searching for...

en.wikipedia.org...

quanta-gaia.org...
Thanks I will look into the book
!

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
Jesus is not a God. Never was known as one.

The answer to your question does not need a written or verbal explanation.

But.. billions of conscious humans have prayed, meditated, willed, believed.. put all their heart and intent on meeting or having their God here on this earth plane.

Still nothing.

Will never happen. The only way this would make sense or be possible, is to say your concept of God, is built OF the universal matter/material itself, and therefore confined to it by its own natural laws/forces.

Yet the usual concept or idea of a God being, is one that outside of time and not confined of the universe.
Which would mean, not within it either, not made of universal matter/material.

One can't have it both ways; be confined and not confined by universal/natural laws.

If it were a possibility, it would of happened by now via the billion souls that have thrived and lived for their God throughout the ages, willing communion.

There is no evidence other then books written by unknown authors, edited too many times to know, with unknown intentions throughout millenia.
Because it did not happen before or that we do not know that did happen before does not mean it did not and cannot happen!

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Miguel-

A discussion re: quantum physics wouldn't be complete sans some Bells Theorem mixed in. Here is a link for that:

en.wikipedia.org...

And now this is a link to the Bells Theorem proof.

quantumtantra.com...

We are ALL connected and not to get all religious™ but that connection is to 'The Divine'.. It is ONLY when that connection gets defined by whomever, if those are coming from a religious™ angle then that will be reflected in their definition. e.g. My God vs. Your God... "Pastor Dave said I should feel.."

Stay Hydrated...

top topics

join