It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama declares opioid and heroin epidemic awareness week, Biggest hypocrite ever.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well Obama has declared sept 18 to sept 24th as Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week.

This guy says one thing then his actions are the complete opposite. How can you say you want to help people with their addiction to Opiates and heroin but at the same time make Kratom which helps countless people get off of opiates a schedule 1?

And he has kept weed a schedule 1. I know you will all say its not Obamas fault , but he is the one with a straight face telling us he cares.

His DEA keeps weed at schedule 1 and makes kratom a schedule 1 then a few weeks later he tells us all it's awareness week I care. LMFAO

How about we declare it Obama is a huge d- bag hypocrite week.

RESCRIPTION OPIOID AND HEROIN EPIDEMIC AWARENESS WEEK, 2016

- - - - - - -

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

Each year, more Americans die from drug overdoses than in traffic accidents, and more than three out of five of these deaths involve an opioid. Since 1999, the number of overdose deaths involving opioids, including prescription opioid pain relievers, heroin, and fentanyl, has nearly quadrupled. Many people who die from an overdose struggle with an opioid use disorder or other substance use disorder, and unfortunately misconceptions surrounding these disorders have contributed to harmful stigmas that prevent individuals from seeking evidence-based treatment. During Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week, we pause to remember all those we have lost to opioid use disorder, we stand with the courageous individuals in recovery, and we recognize the importance of raising awareness of this epidemic.

Opioid use disorder, or addiction to prescription opioids or heroin, is a disease that touches too many of our communities -- big and small, urban and rural -- and devastates families, all while straining the capacity of law enforcement and the health care system. States and localities across our country, in collaboration with Federal and national partners, are working together to address this issue through innovative partnerships between public safety and public health professionals. The Federal Government is bolstering efforts to expand treatment and opioid abuse prevention activities, and we are working alongside law enforcement to help get more people into treatment instead of jail.

My Administration is steadfast in its commitment to reduce overdose deaths and get more Americans the help they need. That is why I continue to call on the Congress to provide $1.1 billion to expand access to treatment services for opioid use disorder. These new investments would build on the steps we have already taken to expand overdose prevention strategies, and increase access to naloxone -- the overdose reversal drug that first responders and community members are using to save lives. We are also working to improve opioid prescribing practices and support targeted enforcement activities. Although Federal agencies will continue using all available tools to address opioid use disorder and overdose, the Congress must act quickly to help more individuals get the treatment they need -- because the longer we go without congressional action on this funding, the more opportunities we miss to save lives.

Too often, we expect people struggling with substance use disorders to self-diagnose and seek treatment. And although we have made great strides in helping more Americans access care, far too many still lack appropriate, evidence-based treatment. This week, we reaffirm our commitment to raising awareness about this disease and supporting prevention and treatment programs. Let us ensure everyone with an opioid use disorder can embark on the road to recovery, and together, let us begin to turn the tide of this epidemic.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim September 18 through September 24, 2016, as Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week. I call upon all Americans to observe this week with appropriate programs, ceremonies, and activities that raise awareness about the prescription opioid and heroin epidemic.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this sixteenth day of September, in the year of our Lord two thousand sixteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-first.

BARACK OBAMA

www.whitehouse.gov...
edit on 19-9-2016 by imsoconfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused

As we speak his administration is trying to ban Kratom as a schedule 1 drug as well......

Many addicts have used it successfully with out the dangerous side effects that the big pharm drugs produce.

So yea, Obama is say one thing do another....

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

How about we declare it Obama is huge d- bag hypocrite week.

That's the case for all 52 weeks of the year, you'd have to change it to "Obama is a huge d- bag hypocrite awareness week" to make it more recognized and meaningful

(I know I'm splitting hairs, I'm just being silly)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Forget it. It's about Obama. No logic will work here.
edit on 19-9-2016 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
While we are raising awareness about the heroin epidemic, let's not forget that the US military is helping to guard the poppy fields in Afghanistan. The Taliban were world class a-holes, but they cut the heroin production in Afghanistan to nearly zero. Once the US took them out, poppy farms were back in business and stronger than ever. The US military is seeing to that.

Maybe the Commander in Chief of the armed forces could do something about that.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This breaks my heart.

My story...

I have a friend, a close dear friend who I think the world about. She is gentle, kind, beautiful, loving and most of all... Scared. She... is a heroin addict.

She's in her own world of darkness, In a pit she is unable to crawl out of, yet she's so far away and surrounded by the same, it makes it even harder for her to get out. She's told me often that she would OD on it and escape the suffering but she's too broke and too chicken $#!^ to do it.

Before anyone says it's her own fault and she should get help... The only help for her is rehab which she can't afford, a prison system that only keeps you in the system, going to a clinic that gives you a drug that is 100 times harder to get off of (I've done the research) than herioin (3-7 days heroin vs 3 months to years to get off of) or suicide. Unless you've known a heroin addict and see what they go through, you can't judge them. She was introduced to it as a kid and now as an adult in her late 20s, that's all she remembers. I met her when she was sober. She won for a while but due to a family emergency, she had to go back 'home' to stand by her mom before she passed on. When she got there, she fell back under the pressure of addiction from so called friends she left behind to escape the sickness.

We talked so many times about her coming back this way. I swore I would do everything I could to help her kick and get her straight and she wants it badly but it's the tug of war that keeps her there. She keeps getting into trouble that holds her there. Everytime she's free to push forward, life pulls her down again and she gets stuck for a while longer. For addicts, there is a pain and suffering that destroys you without it so it's easier to fall back into the sickness than it is to walk away and from any addict I've ever known (only few but still researched), this is harder than anything to walk away from. Yet she's done it once and I feel she can do it again... hopefully.

So I dug around and looked into things that could help make her comfortable while kicking. Kratom was that ONLY thing otherwise she'll suffer and suffer hard. So hard that her body might even give out before her will does.

So I thought.. Hey! This is perfect. I know they sell that around here because I saw it in the places I used to get my flavored Vape stuff.

Then recently I saw this news article that said it was banned and considered a narcotic.

You can imagine how my heart sank when I read that. So now I look down at my empty hands when I think of the situation and realize I have nothing even more so when hopes and prayers don't seem to help. It makes me feel that some people are destined for doom, misery and suffering and nothing can be done about it. Though I may not be able to touch the helplessness she feels, I can't help but to feel totally worthless. All I have are my words of encouragement which I know fades with every dose she takes. I can't even feel angry anymore because it doesn't change anything.

In this world, you're supposed to forgive, but how can you forgive a people who will go out of their way to assure that the life of someone who isn't important to them falls into oblivion. Isn't it that fact that she's important to me mean anything?

I guess not. It is what it is... How sad.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This is a lot of hot air with nothing of substance to back it up, as all of his administration has been this entire time. What does it say, really? Nothing that we don't already know. My feeling with their sudden "concern" over this, when it has been going on for many years, is that eventually, if people want pain relief through a doctor, they'll set up federal pharmacies and you can only get your hydrocodone, oxycodone, whatever, through them. From this comes the "you cannot have guns because you're on strong drugs". This is how they play the game....pretend to be concerned, react with shock and use the media to get reactions, and then offer a solution that is a disaster but gives them what they wanted in the beginning. Typical Hegelian Dialectic: Problem, Reaction, Solution.

Meanwhile, the CIA continues to fly in massive amounts of heroin to fund their black ops, and people keep overdosing.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

That is sad..
. If it was someone I loved I would find some kratom. schedule 1 or not.

I think you can still get it untill the 30TH. I might be wrong but I am pretty sure I saw some in the smoke shop this weekend.

So you could stock up.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

prolly T&C

Thanks for the info!

edit on 19-9-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
As has been pointed out several times on this site, the President does not control drug schedules.

He can do things like this though. Damned if he does damned if he doesn't. People just search for excuses for faux outrage.

edit on 19-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

I am very disappointed about the Kratom scheduling. It was only a few days before someone mentioned on here. I thought it may help with my anxiety, insomnia and replace the ridiculous amount of clonazepam I am legally prescribed. The FDA and the DEA should both be shut down.

edit on 19-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Personally, I'm sick and tired of these "Awareness Weeks".

We should decriminalize drug use, extend treatment to addicts. . . .24/7/365.

This is just more crap to pretend that the government cares.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
We should decriminalize drug use, extend treatment to addicts. . . .24/7/365.

Really? Not sarcasm? I can get behind that. There are SO many people in jail that would benefit from treatment, not incarceration. That also includes the mentally ill.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Not everything I write is sarcastic.

Just mostly.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Kraton. Who makes that? They are the ones prob flooding the US with H.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Kraton. Who makes that? They are the ones prob flooding the US with H.

That would be your government that has been doing it for decades. Ya gotta pay for war somehow and the American people hate it when gas prices go too high.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
As has been pointed out several times on this site, the President does not control drug schedules.

He can do things like this though. Damned if he does damned if he doesn't. People just search for excuses for faux outrage.

I am very disappointed about the Kratom scheduling. It was only a few days before someone mentioned on here. I thought it may help with my anxiety, insomnia and replace the ridiculous amount of clonazepam I am legally prescribed. The FDA and the DEA should both be shut down.

And it has been pointed out countless times that the DEA is in charge of scheduling and Obama is 100 % in charge of the DEA. The head cheese, The big kahuna, the head honcho, top dog, ,

Saying he has no say in scheduling is like saying Bill Gates has no say in what Microsoft does.

But hey he declared it awareness week so he did his part.
edit on 19-9-2016 by imsoconfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
While we are raising awareness about the heroin epidemic, let's not forget that the US military is helping to guard the poppy fields in Afghanistan. The Taliban were world class a-holes, but they cut the heroin production in Afghanistan to nearly zero. Once the US took them out, poppy farms were back in business and stronger than ever. The US military is seeing to that.

Maybe the Commander in Chief of the armed forces could do something about that.

Slick Vic- To make a claim like You did, You need something to back it up, You need something tangible that the viewer can get a clearer picture of the absolute travesty that is happening in Afghanistan and has been going on since 2001. You'd have to find a real 'war-monger' to reveal the reason behind the invasion of Afghanistan in the first place??

Was it to get back some of the weapons the US armed them with so they could fight The Soviets? I mean they couldn't take back the MILLIONS in training too...

When TheTaliban was in charge they produced 7%. Now that number is closer to 90%. So that means it is far much easier to grow opium in a war zone.

What has happened in the US since 2001? First there was an opiate pain medication epidemic. For those who didn't die by using/abusing and weren't incarcerated in a new "Private Prison" they were then cut-off of the pain meds. and forced onto the streets to buy any opiate...

Here is the info: If our retirement portfolios showed the same growth We'd be reading these links sucking on umbrella drinks on Our private island(s) if You're really greedy... (look at the growth showing the growing...YIKES!!!)

en.wikipedia.org...
www.nbcnews.com...

Remember: Those Urban dwellers who were sent up during 'The Crack War' ( a subsect of the even more costly "War on Drugs"=FARCE)

Proud Member of LEAP- Law Enforcement Against Prohibition.

Stay Hydrated...

Dear Victor- Please use the enclosed if You wish to get the story out there....

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Wow, from a former drug dealer.
and.

Drug dealers thanking obama for release from prison

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This situation is the equivalent of me murdering a man, then showing up to his funeral to preach about non-violence.

With a gun on my hip.

new topics

top topics

join