It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebay, charging me for what? seller

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I have been using eBay for many years, almost since it started. But mostly for purchases. Lately I have been selling because of my economic status. I have always found it outrageous that they take 10%, but agreed to it. The Bill comes weeks later and is automatically taken from your account. When you get this email, all you see is a charge that links to your account. Not the item sold that it is based on. So you have to do some work to figure out what it is they are charging you for.

This week I got a charge of $24.84 that doesn't seem to be connected to any selling, as I haven't sold anything for a couple of months. I called paypal and the women just kept saying, "It is you user agreement", and seemed rather uniformed. She said she would connect me to ebay, and I've been on hold for 40 minutes, scratch that 50 minutes.

Here we have a company that can dip into your account and keep you from understanding what you are charged for.

10% is a big chunk and honestly I think their website could be a lot better for what you are paying. They also own Paypal and those people should be better informed (and perhaps be from the same Country)

I have also sold at Reverb.com, and it is a bit better (for music gear).

Grrrhmmph, still holding. I guess they want your battery to die and give up.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I stopped using paypal years ago, Now i just skip it and pay direct from my bank account. A quick look online and you'll find thousands of horror stories from other sellers, best to not use them if possible.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold
You should be able to review all your charges somewhere in your seller account information. Is it possible someone disputed an item you sold and you got a chargeback via Paypal?

I was a powerseller a while back selling vintage odds and ends. But then they jacked up their fees and the site seemed like it was being taken over by mass quantities of cheap Chinese electronics, so I quit. Now between the ebay and paypal fees it's simply not worth it to list on ebay, especially for small priced items. You could try Bonanza, or Etsy if you're selling anything handmade or hobby related.

edit on 19-9-2016 by eeyipes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Lol..when i sell a car i sell the wheel nut of the car for quid. ( with lot of deataled pic of the car. ) Proplably get about 20 mails a day about if i am selling the whole car. And use bank trancfer or cash for selling. When i buy i use Paypal connected to a protected credit card with %0 on purchase.
Got conned ones. Seller sold me a broken item. And told me i broke it. I called the bank ask to reverse the charge. And told the seller to bye bye. I am so lovin the future.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

edit on 19-9-2016 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: eeyipes
You should be able to review all your charges somewhere in your seller account information. Is it possible someone disputed an item you sold and you got a chargeback via Paypal?

I was a powerseller a while back selling vintage odds and ends. But then they jacked up their fees and the site seemed like it was being taken over by mass quantities of cheap Chinese electronics, so I quit. Now between the ebay and paypal fees it's simply not worth it to list on ebay, especially for small priced items. You could try Bonanza, or Etsy if you're selling anything handmade or hobby related.

Last item I sold was to a seller that did local pickup. And haven't had even a complaint (resolved) in 10 years. When I look at the seller account information, it says nothing except that I am paying eBay said amount. It has burnt me out for the day, I will try and call them tomorrow.

Thanks for chiming in.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

originally posted by: eeyipes

Last item I sold was to a seller that did local pickup. And haven't had even a complaint (resolved) in 10 years. When I look at the seller account information, it says nothing except that I am paying eBay said amount. Maybe it's like The Wells Fargo fiasco and they are plain robbing us. It has burnt me out for the day, I will try and call them tomorrow.

Thanks for chiming in.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It can be the selling fees from a non-paying jerk, Fleabay complicated the rules in those cases, you gotta read the fine print.

new topics

top topics

join