It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 800 immigrants mistakenly granted citizenship

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Grambler

So we are going to blame inept government bureaucracy on illegals?

Why does the government accept so few legal immigrants? Because they say we can't handle more. If there were not 11 million plus illegals here, that would be 11 million more legal immigrants we could take in.

In addition, you started it by claiming illegals have no choice but to break the law because of inept government bureaucracy. This is even more absurd.
edit on 20-9-2016 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

It's amazing how often the Republicans hamstring the Democrats/Obama then when one of their idiotic policies fails they point at that as evidence of Obama failing.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Obama isn't a king you know... He can't oversee every little bit and piece of the government.

Oh really, the record shows he thinks he is.

President Obama created Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), an
amnesty program for so-called DREAMers that granted deferral from deportation and work authorization, and he created the Deferred Action for Parents of Americans (DAPA), an
executive amnesty program for the illegal alien parents of citizen children.

Assistant U.S. Attorney General Thomas Perez, head of the Civil Rights Division at the Department of Justice
(DOJ) and former board member of the open borders group CASA de Maryland, joins officials from USCIS to
announce an information-sharing agreement that will increase investigations of employers who use E-Verify for
possible discriminatory practices. Mr. Perez states that the new information will better enable DOJ to protect
authorized workers from national origin or citizenship-status discrimination.

ICE Director Tells Agents not to Cooperate with Arizona — In an interview with
the Chicago Tribune, ICE Director John Morton announces that his agency may not process illegal
aliens transferred to the agency’s custody by Arizona officials. Morton—the official charged with
the interior enforcement of U.S. immigration laws—criticizes Arizona’s new immigration law, SB
1070, and says “[t]he best way to reduce illegal immigration is through a comprehensive federal approach, not
a patchwork of state laws.”

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announced during a recent interview with an Ecuadorian
television station that the Administration “will be bringing a lawsuit” against Arizona to block the
implementation of SB 1070, the state’s immigration enforcement law passed in April 2010. The
DOJ confirms this days later, its goal to intimidate other states from following Arizona’s lead.

An official USCIS
memo reveals the administration’s intent to circumvent Congress on immigration policy and grant amnesty
administratively. In the memo, entitled “Administrative Alternatives to Comprehensive Immigration Reform,”
senior officials at USCIS offer Director Alejandro Mayorkas a variety of ways to “reduce the threat of removal
for certain individuals present in the United States without authorization” and extend benefits and protections
to many individuals and groups until amnesty is granted.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

So we are going to blame inept government bureaucracy on illegals?

Why does the government accept so few legal immigrants? Because they say we can't handle more. If there were not 11 million plus illegals here, that would be 11 million more legal immigrants we could take in.

The math and government resource allocation doesn't work like that. If we took steps to make the legal immigration process more streamlined and easier to get through. Did you know that immigrants have to go back and forth with the US embassy in their home country to process their paperwork? That starts to get expensive, especially if you have to fly halfway around the world to get there.

What happened to the US taking in the "tired, poor, and huddled masses yearning to breathe free"? Why does our country have an admittance fee? A fee that seems to be catered towards rich people or at least well-off people? You don't find that wrong at all? I do. Like I said, make it easier for legal immigration and then illegal immigration will fall into place.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I'm not sure what that has to do with the inept bureaucracy you pointed out in the OP.

Oh really, the record shows he thinks he is.

No. It doesn't. Those anecdotes don't prove a thing except that you don't like Obama. Obama being active in favor of legalizing illegals doesn't mean that he automatically thinks that checks and balances aren't a thing.

PS: Most of your examples didn't even feature Obama.
edit on 20-9-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

His kingly policies that his admin instituted when congress would not pass what he wanted.

Standing before the White
House press corps in the Rose Garden, President Obama vows to use his executive powers to unilaterally
implement an amnesty for illegal aliens.304 The President calls the House’s refusal to take up the Senate mass
guest worker amnesty bill, S. 744, a “year of obstruction” and says its failure to “pass a darn bill” means no
opportunity for the 12 million illegal aliens to “come out of the shadows and earn their citizenship” and “fewer
resources to strengthen our borders.” President Obama insists he does not “prefer taking administrative action”
but declares, “America cannot wait forever for [House Republicans] to act. And that’s why, today, I’m beginning
a new effort to fix as much of our immigration system as I can on my own, without Congress.”

ON MY OWN WITHOUT CONGRESS

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

And? That still doesn't prove that Obama doesn't care about Checks and Balances. It just shows that he was frustrated by Congress' inaction so he used his Constitutionally granted powers to do what he can. Sure he may have pushed a few boundaries, but he never broke any laws or violated the Constitution. No matter how much you want to believe the opposite.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

The House Judiciary
Committee holds a three hour hearing on “President Obama’s Executive Overreach on Immigration”.363 Four
witnesses testify before the Committee: Ronald Rotunda, a law professor who wrote a leading course book on
Constitutional law; Jay Sekulow, a law professor and Chief Counsel for the American Center for Law and Justice;
Thomas Dupree, a constitutional law practitioner at a leading law firm and former deputy assistant attorney
general; and Marielena Hincapie, the Executive Director of the National Immigration Law Center and advocate
for illegal aliens.364 While all four witnesses state that they are sympathetic to the President’s immigration policy,
all but Ms. Hincapie agree that the administration’s unilateral actions are clearly unconstitutional.3

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Why does the government accept so few legal immigrants?

a good example would be to see the flak angela merkel gets, have a look at threads here about her, the far right is having a field day.
ruling parties cannot win at the moment, any perceived terrorist act demands immediate action from some, cries of a soft leader follow, then that usually by a bombing raid.
people get a little upset, for some reason, seeing their entire family dead under the rubble of what was their house, so they leave for places a little less prone to high altitude bombing, and well angela merkel, circle complete.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

And? That still doesn't prove that Obama doesn't care about Checks and Balances. It just shows that he was frustrated by Congress' inaction so he used his Constitutionally granted powers to do what he can. Sure he may have pushed a few boundaries, but he never broke any laws or violated the Constitution. No matter how much you want to believe the opposite.

President Obama delivers an implied threat to discipline or even fire Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
employees who might be inclined to follow the law instead of DHS’s unlawful amnesty policies.387 Answering
questions before amnesty activists at a town hall event hosted by MSNBC and Telemundo anchor Jose DiazBalart,
the President explains that any official at Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) who refuses to
obey his executive actions will face “consequences”

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I noticed there are no SCOTUS rulings you are posting proving this. Just some Congress members' opinions (I'm sure they are Republicans too).

In any case, this is quickly becoming another irrational bash Obama fest from a Republican poster. Discussions I quickly tire of so I'm done talking to you. Because lord knows that a conservative can NEVER be non-biased when it comes to Obama. I said my piece on how immigration should be handled but all you seem to care about is making Obama look bad. *YAAAWN* Ahem. Excuse me. Anyways. See ya.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Yeah run away when the facts show what Obama has done is unconstitutional.

Marielena Hincapie, the Executive Director of the National Immigration Law Center and advocate
for illegal aliens even said his executive actions are unconstutional.

I dont have to make obama look bad he does that well enough himself.

And here is a court ruling for you...

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth
Circuit strikes a major blow to President Obama by keeping in place the injunction on part of the November
2014 executive amnesty. In a 2-1 decision, the court upholds District Court Judge Andrew Hanen’s injunction
on Deferred Action for Parents of Americans (DAPA) and expanded Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
(DACA) until the courts decide the merits of these executive amnesty programs.504 This ruling marks the fourth
time this year the Obama Administration has lost in court defending DAPA and expanded DACA: twice before
Judge Hanen and twice before the Fifth Circuit

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

You got it, my friend, we already know that in Amerika money can buy you an American citizenship in no time at all, no waiting in lines for that, Saudi Arabia is one of those countries that has paid the most when it comes to buying American visas and citizenships.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The U.S. Supreme Court split 4-4 Thursday over a challenge to President Barack Obama's immigration policy, a result that prevents the administration from putting the program into effect during the rest of his term.
www.nbcnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join