It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reddit post apparently related to Clintons email coverup

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Indigo5

Quick note on this. I heard an interview with several legal analysts and former FBI guys when the FBI handed over the Clinton interview notes..

They were saying that the FBI turning over investigation notes (interview notes) for a case that is not moving forward is unusual and sets a dangerous precedent.

The idea that an investigation does not lead to an indictment, but the investigation and various interview notes are made public means that witnesses would be less willing to cooperate and speak freely in the future.

It was a very unusual exception for the FBI to make investigation notes public in a case that is not being prosecuted or going to trial.

You can think it is political, but I think it is policy. Them handing over the interview notes on Clinton was highly unusual and likely due to the unusual circumstances, but many inside the DOJ disagreed with Comey on the move.

The "they" bit might warrant them handing over further notes, but the committee has to be specific in the request...not give us everything you have.

Another note: It is no secret in DC that Comey does not like Clinton, nor does a lot of the higher-ups in FBI. If he could hang anything around her neck, he would do it, but he is very much a by-the-book, law, order and rules guy. Give him a solid case and he would prosecute her. That is why I find the whole conspiracy around Comey or the FBI covering for Clinton silly.

But you are the one who said they should ask for the notes, and you wondered why they hadn't!

The Congressional Committee is not the FBI...them asking him to testify is separate...they should be asking the FBI for his interview notes...why aren't they?

So why would you say this, only to shortly later claim that this is beyond the norm, and you can understand why the FBI wouldn't want to give the notes over. Forgive me, but this seems contradictory.

And if Comey hates Hillary so much, why wouldn't he just hand over the notes? Its not against the law, so why wouldn't he just give them over?

Because I was not aware that Chaffetz had requested the notes on the interview with Combatta until it was stated here.

That would seem the first natural step before asking him to testify. See what the FBI asked him and got answered first.

I understand why the FBI might not want to volunteer investigative interview notes...I did not say they shouldn't in this specific case.

Did Chaffetz request the interview notes from the FBI specifically in regards to Combatta and reconciling the reddit posts?

Because that would be the more logical request vs. give us everything you have, which the FBI might be less receptive to.

And as far as Comey handing over further notes...He got grief the first time from the legal community...he needs good reason to do so...again, Chaffetz should be outlining specifics as to exactly what he wants to see and why...otherwise cite the reddit posts and ask for Combatta's interview notes to reconcile.

Hope that clears it up...We would do better if you did not assign motive or agenda to my arguments. Just informing the discussion...

I can track down articles where legal folks found it unusual that the Clinton Interview notes were provided by the FBI and the reasoning they though it was a bad idea if you like? Not my invention...

Can you save me the trouble of clarifying if Chaffetz asked for everything or did he request specifically the Combatta interview notes?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

The Committee had the 302's from the FBI that were "redacted", and that didn't sit well with the Committee Chair, ultimately ending with the FBI being served ...

It's nice to see Congress stand up for it's rights as the Legislative branch.. and not cave into Executive branch shenanigans..

YMMV

edit on Wed, 21 Sep 2016 17:38:08 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: sp again!! lol

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Wow! HUGE. I hope everyone on ATS see's this footage, the FBI rep was crawling out of his skin.

This actually deserves a thread of it own.

edit on 21-9-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Good news:

Oversight orders Reddit to preserve deleted posts in Clinton investigation

The House Oversight Committee has ordered Reddit to preserve deleted posts believed to be written by an IT technician the committee suspects may have deleted Hillary Clinton emails that were under subpoena.

Chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) confirmed that the committee has issued a preservation order and that Reddit is “cooperating.”

The order "has the weight of law, you can't destroy things and hope things magically get erased,” he told The Hill Wednesday.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
Good news:

Oversight orders Reddit to preserve deleted posts in Clinton investigation

The House Oversight Committee has ordered Reddit to preserve deleted posts believed to be written by an IT technician the committee suspects may have deleted Hillary Clinton emails that were under subpoena.

Chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) confirmed that the committee has issued a preservation order and that Reddit is “cooperating.”

The order "has the weight of law, you can't destroy things and hope things magically get erased,” he told The Hill Wednesday.

Awesome!! Lets hope it goes somewhere.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Well, let's hope reddit has some sort of archive feature for deleted posts because stonetear has already gone through and deleted what he could. The archive.is links are now all that exist of his online activities, otherwise.

Reddit likely has ip logs of the deleting activity, they may not have the ip logs of when the posts were originally made. I don't know reddit's data retention policy.

Here again, we could mention the NSA data center and the fact that they likely have all the necessary information. Why is this resource never utilized?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

Wow! HUGE. I hope everyone on ATS see's this footage, the FBI rep was crawling out of his skin.

This actually deserves a thread of it own.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wow, fixed the link.

edit on 21-9-2016 by JinMI because: Fixed Link

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Good news...

Oh yay! I was worried about this, last night!

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Here again, we could mention the NSA data center and the fact that they likely have all the necessary information. Why is this resource never utilized?

Amen.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

The Committee had the 302's from the FBI that were "redacted", and that didn't sit well with the Committee Chair, ultimately ending with the FBI being served ...

It's nice to see Congress stand up for it's rights as the Legislative branch.. and not cave into Executive branch shenanigans..

YMMV

THAT was impressive!

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

My take away from that video is
(a) that Comey must not like that guy he sent to the hill much to feed him to Chaffetz...
(b) Chaffetz is a special kind of arrogant ass.."I get to see everything!!!"
(c) There was a bit of a BS show by Chaffetz

"These documents are not being withheld from the chairman because of anything these witnesses have done.They are being withheld by the Republican chairman of the intelligence committee," Maloney said.

They were also supposed to be in closed door meeting so that the FBI guy could answer in detail but Chaffetz said the room wasn't ready in time etc.

So he knew the FBI rep could not answer the why questions in a public forum, but grilled him anyways..

More detail on that whole exchange here..
www.politico.com...

Also...What he is objecting to is the redaction of "personally identifiable information"..not the 302s content being redacted.

Again...Does Chaffetz already specifically have Combattas 302 interview notes? If not, has he specifically asked for them?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
on a lighter note.. that darn Pepe!

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

The article says that Reddit will maintain the records for 90 days after a retention/preservation request. Honestly, I don't see how they could destroy them even after 90 days as long as they have reasonable cause to think they might be used in a legal proceeding/investigation. The law trumps Reddit's internal policies.

Just wanted to note that because I thought it was weird.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

There has been some rumblings about reddit censoring this deal as well, who knows, we have seen google yt twitter fb pull some shady deals to suppress trending topics, or demonetize folks' videos for suspect reasoning... I don't know who runs reddit, could they also be in on the shenanigans?

IDK... but it's sad to see the TOP Social sites on the web become an arm of a politics, it's bad enough that TV / print media is bought and paid for...

Strange days....

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Absolutely, man. I have the same question and concerns.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

(a) that Comey must not like that guy he sent to the hill much to feed him to Chaffetz...

"These documents are not being withheld from the chairman because of anything these witnesses have done.They are being withheld by the Republican chairman of the intelligence committee," Maloney said.

They were also supposed to be in closed door meeting so that the FBI guy could answer in detail but Chaffetz said the room wasn't ready in time etc.

It doesn't matter what Comey thinks, or feels. Chaffetz and the congressional committee asked nicely, and were played like fools, so they took a more directly approach within their rights. The Congressional oversight committee gets to see everything.

Time to lay all the cards and the table, if there's nothing to hide then what does the FBI have to worry about? Nothing.

The problem is the FBI and the DOJ are batting for a corrupt team, and that really looks bad for this country, and I'm not referring to the Democratic team, unfortunately they got associated with all these idiots.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I don't believe they saw this coming.

I think the Clintons, FBI, and DOJ believed they were in full control of all the evidence.

I love this story.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I found an extensive timeline to these events involving Combetta. I'm wondering if the ATS super sleuths in this thread can gather more answers from this. Here's the link to The Hidden Smoking Gun: the Combetta Cover-Up

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong, I think they should be covering both.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

It doesn't matter what Comey thinks, or feels. Chaffetz and the congressional committee asked nicely, and were played like fools, so they took a more directly approach within their rights. The Congressional oversight committee gets to see everything.

Time to lay all the cards and the table, if there's nothing to hide then what does the FBI have to worry about? Nothing.

The problem is the FBI and the DOJ are batting for a corrupt team, and that really looks bad for this country, and I'm not referring to the Democratic team, unfortunately they got associated with all these idiots.

It's like Chaffetz said...he wants to see ALL of the 302's....not summaries of the summaries. He may interpret them differently.

Maybe the FBI is selectively "hearing" what they choose to "hear". The People's House under this Oversight committee have every right to this information. They do not answer to the FBI Director....period.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join