It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump shatters GOP records with small donors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Donald Trump has unleashed an unprecedented deluge of small-dollar donations for the GOP, and one that Republican Party elders have dreamed about finding for much of the last decade as they’ve watched a succession of Democrats — Barack Obama, Bernie Sanders and, to a lesser extent, Hillary Clinton — develop formidable fundraising operations, $5, $10 and $20 at a time.

Trump has only been actively soliciting cash for a few months, but when he reveals his campaign’s financials later this week they will show he has crushed the total haul from small-dollar donors of the last two Republican nominees, John McCain and Mitt Romney — during the entirety of their campaigns.
Source

In the article above, Trump was called "the Republican Obama." I wrote almost the same thing on this forum on August 10, 2015.

People may be (consciously or unconsciously) supporting Trump because they want the Hail Mary pass to be thrown, the rest of it may mean nothing to them. It's almost like Obama's "Change" slogan on steroids, Americans may have gone from hopeful to desperate (Obama to Trump).

Trump is the only choice available. This theory would explain why "Republicans" will keep supporting Trump even as a third party candidate. They may know that will probably ensure a victory for the Democrats but if the theory I'm presenting in this post is correct, that may be irrelevant to them. The ideology they'd be voting on would not be conservative/liberal, it would be for the "Hail Mary pass" and any other vote would be against that in their minds. They may not even be consciously aware of any of that. Anyway, that could explain their total allegiance to Trump no matter what.
Is Donald Trump the embodiment of a "Hail Mary pass"?

Whether you like Trump or not, he proves that democracy is still alive and well. I just hope the voting machines are democratic enough.
edit on 19-9-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
You heard it here first, folks: money is democracy!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MongolianPaellaFish

Hillary: funded (owned) by mega banks and donations to her foundation
Trump: self funded primary and then funded by regular Americans

I know who I'm supporting.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Good Thread and bumped . Thanks for the grab, Profusion.

I also wonder from your last sentence how many of the
voting machines also have a preprogrammed Democratcy.
Only Richard J. Daly could make JFK the president.

With a little luck, the majority have woken up and the
'Machine' + voting machines combined can't stop the will
of the people. The last time 'they' could hide it may be gone.

Democracy for the last thirty years (or even longer) might be
two machines and a low information voter deciding who's
lunch will be stolen. My apologies for the paraphrase, Dr. F.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This is just another confirmation that the silent majority of Americans support Trump.

Screw the establishment

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

I sincerely hope you are joking.

Trump self funded? c'mon. He inherited a fortune then ran multiple business into the ground-That's the kind of man I want to reduce the national financial deficit.

Have you ever flown with Air Trump? of course you didn't because it went bust. That is just one of the many failed business ventures that Trump cooked up, and like a Jedi mind trick he constantly tricks those with a suspected subdural hemaetoma to blindly follow him.

Google 'Donald Trump failed businesses' what you will see what you can't unsee.

edit on 19-9-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Trump self funded? c'mon. He inherited a fortune then ran multiple business into the ground-That's the kind of man I want to reduce the national financial deficit.

Have you ever flown with Air Trump? of course you didn't because it went bust. That is just one of the many failed business ventures that Trump cooked up, and like a Jedi mind trick he constantly tricks those with a suspected subdural hemaetoma to blindly follow him.

Google 'Donald Trump failed businesses' and what you will see you can't unsee.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Google 'Donald Trump failed businesses' what you will see what you can't unsee.

He also has some successful businesses - FYI.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
a reply to: MongolianPaellaFish

Hillary: funded (owned) by mega banks and donations to her foundation
Trump: self funded primary and then funded by regular Americans

I know who I'm supporting.

Good Post.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Google 'Donald Trump failed businesses' and what you will see you can't unsee.

Yet, here he is.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Your source

Trump still lags far behind the pace-setting Democrats. President Obama raised an enormous $483.6 million in contributions of $200 or less in 2012, FEC records show. Sanders raised almost $202 million in small donations just during the 2016 primary. And Clinton raised almost $156 million in such contributions through the end of July, according to the FEC.

www.politico.com...

edit on 9/19/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I guess the real question is, "is it going back into his own pocket again like the other donations he received?"

Previous amounts didn't go to pay the people he hired to work for him.

new topics

top topics

join