It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Alexandria will seek to move Confederate statue and rename Jefferson Davis Highway

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Annee

a reply to: kaylaluv

Yes, and you along with your army of SJW's can hope all inconvenient history is boxed up and hidden in some museum all you like. But keep in mind, there are still just a few folks left who aren't brain dead and still understand historical significance. It's sad to see stupidity embraced on this level. But, like I predicted, it only takes a few tears to wipe away history.

Maybe we should look forward instead of backward.

Maybe we should celebrate change for equality and inclusion.

No one is going to forget the Civil War because a few signs are changed or statues rendered no longer relevant in today's world.

Maybe we should tell those few crybabies to suck it up and go find something productive to do. having a few pinheads dictate how the majority should do things is quite ignorant. And as long as they are getting away with it, and others give them attention, it will continue.

Which crybabies?

The ones holding on to antiquated ideas or those who choose to move forward and celebrate new people affecting evolution of America.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Actually... I'm still feeling ranty after my last post. I say take a wrecking ball to them and if Southern Heritage people want them, let them pay for their removal, new display and upkeep.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

The North didn't have a huge farming industry they had mills and equipment manufacturing and you conveniently forget that no, it didn't cost slave owners to feed their slaves as the slaves grew the crops they ate the scraps of. You need to look at the polar economies of the Antebellum period.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Yes, and you along with your army of SJW's can hope all inconvenient history is boxed up and hidden in some museum all you like. But keep in mind, there are still just a few folks left who aren't brain dead and still understand historical significance. It's sad to see stupidity embraced on this level. But, like I predicted, it only takes a few tears to wipe away history.

No one is going to forget the Civil War because a few signs are changed or statues rendered no longer relevant in today's world.

Maybe we should tell those few crybabies to suck it up and go find something productive to do. having a few pinheads dictate how the majority should do things is quite ignorant. And as long as they are getting away with it, and others give them attention, it will continue.

Which crybabies?

The ones holding on to antiquated ideas or those who choose to move forward and celebrate new people affecting evolution of America.

no, lol, the ones that walk up to a monument that's been there for 75 years and say, "hey, that makes me feel triggered, I need a safe place now." Then rally the troops of SJW's to protest and have everyone else jump to do their bidding.

Eventually, "they" will go after something you don't agree with and you might see the point. But until that happens, it's likely you will go though life with rose colored blinders.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

It's funny that you don't realize that your whole argument is a cry for a safe space where it's okay to worship slavers.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Actually... I'm still feeling ranty after my last post. I say take a wrecking ball to them and if Southern Heritage people want them, let them pay for their removal, new display and upkeep.

you can only poke the bear so many times with the sharp stick. Eventually, he gets pissed off and eats you. Wouldn't your time be better spent minding your own #ing business?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

It's funny that you don't realize that your whole argument is a cry for a safe space where it's okay to worship slavers.

you get zero points for paying attention. You should find a way to punish your brain. It's failing you right now.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

At the time it was still constitutional. And Intrepids right. the declaration apparently didnt include the slaves when it was written otherwise there would had been none after. They werent considered men by the founding fathers at that time.

That's not entirely true. Thomas Jefferson considered them men/humans. John Adams considered them men/humans and he refused to keep slaves on his farm. Many others agreed, some didn't. The overall consensus at the time the declaration was written was that all states were needed to sign off on the declaration in order to have any success in fighting the British. The founding fathers knew that if they abolished slavery right then, they would lose those states. They decided to save that fight for another day. They essentially kicked that can down the road.

Do we consider black people men/humans/citizens today? Yes, and you can thank Lincoln in part for that.
edit on 19-9-2016 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

When you have no good argument, hurl insults. Wonderful debate strategy.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

just as if I called you a serial rapist who also has a crack addiction, I don't like being accused of something I am not. So rather than get banned for saying what I really wanted to say, I chose that route.

if she had a clue who I am or why I feel the way I do, she would feel like the piece of # I think she is.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I'm sorry that I didn't think to put trigger warning as a header to my posts. That was insensitive of me.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yes, microaggressions are bad, mmmkay?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Which crybabies?

Then rally the troops of SJW's to protest and have everyone else jump to do their bidding.

Yes, because being accepting of all people and treating them with equality/equal rights is such a horrible thing.

At 70 I lived before Fair Housing, Disability Act, Civil Rights, Women's Rights, EOE/EOC, LGBT Rights, Non-Bullying in schools, and a few more.

It sucked.

I'm very supportive of replacing old with new and what's currently relevant. Enough with White Male History.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

The very foundation of this nation was built by slaves. Everything that we have been able to achieve is based on an unpaid debt for services rendered by Africans who did not volunteer but were forced as if they were livestock to build, cultivate, plant, reap, breed only to have their babies ripped away, their wives or husbands ripped away, their culture ripped away and once freed disallowed to assimilate as you lot think should be done now so you spit on the emerging (yes still emerging all these years later) culture they built literally from dirt because their ancestors couldn't afford passage back to Africa and even those that could were turned down and they never got their 40 acres and a mule either. They were sent off to starve out of sight but they survived. Now you sit there all smug and arrogant acting like there's no legitimacy to their gripe.

Thanks for being honest about it. This is what this issue is really about.

The US is an evil country founded on slavery and genocide. We are scum. We must denounce all of our history. All other people cultures are great peace loving people to be celebrated that the US came with their evilness and crushed. Only the US ever engaged in slavery, the countries the slave came from were awesome utopias that treated all people with respect, especially outsiders.

We need to erase all history of the US, and give all of its wealth to the descendant of slaves. If you are white, grovel for forgiveness for your disgusting evil heritage, give away all of your unearned wealth, and beg forgiveness to the noble descendants of the people your culture has decimated.

I will start. As a white person, I am so sorry for my evilness. Please erase all memories of my ancestors and allow me to repent in any way necessary! I am 1/16th Blackfoot Indian, so I will need you and the other SJW's wisdom to know what parts of me owe the other parts of me apologies, but I know I am evil and need to start making recompense!
edit on 19-9-2016 by Grambler because: formatting

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I'm sorry that I didn't think to put trigger warning as a header to my posts. That was insensitive of me.

it should read "caution, I'm about to say something really stupid"

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

We need to erase all history of the US, and give all of its wealth to the descendant of slaves. If you are white, grovel for forgiveness for your disgusting evil heritage, give away all of your unearned wealth, and beg forgiveness to the noble descendants of the people your culture has decimated.!

Applause for drama

Evolving does not erase the past.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Which crybabies?

Then rally the troops of SJW's to protest and have everyone else jump to do their bidding.

Yes, because being accepting of all people and treating them with equality/equal rights is such a horrible thing.

At 70 I lived before Fair Housing, Disability Act, Civil Rights, Women's Rights, EOE/EOC, LGBT Rights, Non-Bullying in schools, and a few more.

It sucked.

I'm very supportive of replacing old with new and what's currently relevant. Enough with White Male History.

I don't understand. You speak of history, yet you actively are engaged in trying to erase it. Would the world of today even have been possible without all the mistakes of yesterday?

We aren't born with divine knowledge, we have to learn things along the way.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

We need to erase all history of the US, and give all of its wealth to the descendant of slaves. If you are white, grovel for forgiveness for your disgusting evil heritage, give away all of your unearned wealth, and beg forgiveness to the noble descendants of the people your culture has decimated.!

Applause for drama

Evolving does not erase the past.

Thank you for the applause, but please, save it for a nonwhite person. The world has been applauding whites for way too long.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

We don't learn by continuing to respect, admire and memorialize those who oppressed others.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Stop your white guilt nonsense. I don't feel guilty for being white, I don't feel shame that people that look like me owned Africans and neither should any other white person. Recognition of a wrong, empathy for what it was like and acknowledging the truth of the struggle since is not guilt and shame. Realizing that people that look like me still think of Africans as inferior and look to these memorials with wishful thinking doesn't trigger me or make me go running to the nearest black person and begging for forgiveness.

I acknowledge reality. I haven't accused one single person in this thread of racism. Ignorance is not racism, though racism requires it, maybe just maybe you picked the wrong adjective for the tone of my posts.
edit on 9/19/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join