It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Ahmad Khan Rahami wanted in connection to NYC bombings

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: introvert

We should rephrase that as the same rights, protections and due process as anyone else under the Patriot Act. The Bill of Rights is almost gone...all they need is the guns.

Share with us how your rights have been taken away then? Briefly. Are you writing from jail because of your Christian beliefs? Because of one of your ATS posts?

Please. The biggest danger to the Constitiuton is mindless exaggeration for political rhetoric.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Man, pull back the claws Gryph. Have you ever read the PA or the subsequent NDAA that amends? If the government wants to, if they believe you are a terrorist, anything that they want. Peak searches..wiretaps...whatever they want. They can also hold you without Miranda for a longer period than should be allowed.

I am not talking political rhetoric. I am simply speaking the truth as to what can happen to you as a US citizen based on the 'government' description of you. A terrorist can be anyone, foreign or domestic.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

You just said the only right we have left is guns.

That's not political rhetoric?!!!

Words have meaning.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Meaning that just about every right, from the Bill of Rights, has slowly been eroded by law after law placed on top of more law or restriction. Words do have meaning. People should know that right now you cannot simply stand by the basic principles set forth in the Constitution. The rights are not removed....they are just harder to stand upon.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

He is a terrorist.

FFS

edit on 9 19 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Well all of my communications are now investigated and stored, and can be used against me in the future.

I have my right to privacy violated if I want to fly as I now have to be felt up by a TSA agent, along with my teenage sister or anyone else they feel like groping.

All of this is to keep us safe we are told. Yet the same people that tell me this, and signed the NDAA that says I can be held without due process, the documents from the department of Homeland security that says that as someone who discusses the Constitution and I voted for Ron Paul I may be a domestic terrorist, are the ones that it would not be right to link these attacks to Islamic terrorism.

Why are they only concerned about the rights and feelings of Muslims?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Meaning that just about every right, from the Bill of Rights, has slowly been eroded by law after law placed on top of more law or restriction. Words do have meaning. People should know that right now you cannot simply stand by the basic principles set forth in the Constitution. The rights are not removed....they are just harder to stand upon.

Again, example from your own life?

How are your rights abridged?

I know the rhetoric.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Who is "only concerned about the rights of Muslims"?!!

I'm concerned about Constituional rights. When folks start high fiving on treating any religion differently before the law (pro or con) I speak out.

That's really ironic if you know how much I hate religion, but I love the Constitution more.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Grambler

Who is "only concerned about the rights of Muslims"?!!

I'm concerned about Constituional rights. When folks start high fiving on treating any religion differently before the law (pro or con) I speak out.

That's really ironic if you know how much I hate religion, but I love the Constitution more.

Maybe they should make him feel right at home and prosecute him under Sharia Law.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Ah so Sharia law is good when it suits your needs?

How radical!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Not you, I am talking about Obama and other public figures that constantly go on about needing to protect the rights of Muslims and how great they are (which is probably mostly true) yet at the same time invading everyone's privacy, and specifically singling out people that discuss the Constitution or conspiracy lovers as potentially dangerous.

You know, people like me and you Gryphon.

These people like Obama do these things and then have the nerve to tell us they can't say Islamic terrorism because it could hurt the feelings and rights of Muslims. Its a farce.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

How radical!

No, not my needs. I'm not a Muslim terrorist.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Americans are idiots. I was 'educated' in a madrassa, Islam IS terror. Islam is the religion of peace, the peace that comes with death.

Most Muslims do not commit these acts but most of them support them, that is the way.

America is a tolerant country, but it can not tolerate any philosophy that if allowed to spread would take away that tolerance.

Islam is not just a religion , it is a political, legal, economic and social framework not compatable with the modern world.

Mulsims should be given the same choice offered the residents of Alexandria in 641.

edit on 19-9-2016 by NHILAR because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

How radical!

No, not my needs. I'm not a Muslim terrorist.

You're just in favor of Sharia law ... when suits.

Gotcha.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NHILAR

Hello freshly-minted ATSer!

How interesting that your talking points mirror those of the American right wing!

Welcome!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I ran from this # in 1979. I AM DONE RUNNING.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

'RIGHT' 'LEFT' are meaningless, if you tolerate this nonesense, You will get what you deserve.

Home lost, family dead or spread upon the wind, culture lost. I have lived through this, time for you to learn child.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: NHILAR

'RIGHT' 'LEFT' are meaningless, if you tolerate this nonesense, You will get what you deserve.

Home lost, family dead or spread upon the wind, culture lost. I have lived through this, time for you to learn child.

LOL ... thanks for the advice. Do you have a faith these days or did you become atheist?

Also, perhaps your generic doomsaying would be a bit more realistic if you gave us another hint or two ... was the Madrassa you attended in any certain country? Followup: is it possible that your pain, agony, etc. have more to do with the political system you found yourself in, rather than a religion followed by 1.8 billion people of all nationalities, ethnicities, etc? Most of whom do not feel they live their lives in misery?
edit on 19-9-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

My personal beliefs are that religion should be an individual persuit instead of an institutionalized form of control. Believe what you want, start killing people over it or allow it to happen, then you need to go away.

Sorry to tell you increasing the number of people who are wrong does not add legitimacy to the wrong ideal. 1.8 billion x zero = zero.

If you do not know what happneed in 1979, then the American education system is shining through...Let's try this and see if you get it...the oldest continually operating empire the world has ever seen lost its last and central provence to extremist islam...

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NHILAR

I agree that killing, in general is bad. Yes.

So, as opposed to some apologists here, you are saying that Islam itself, the religion, is the great evil at hand and terrorism is just a component of it? Folks earlier were trying to make a half-hearted defense that the problem here was NOT Islam itself but merely the radicalized portions.

Lot's of things happened in 1979. You must be talking the Revolution and formation of the Islamic Republic of Iran I'm guessing?

You mean when the Iranian people overthrew the autocratic puppet the UK-US had re-installed on the Peacock Throne as we helped overthrow the elected democratic government established under Mohammad Mosaddegh so that they could take back the nationalized oil reserves?

Hmmm... you still haven't let us know where your reached your pinnacle of education though ... did you do anything after the Madrassa? Correspondence course maybe?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join