It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmad Khan Rahami wanted in connection to NYC bombings

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: UKTruth

I don't think the folks who had family who died see it that way.

I think that's part of our problem.

And insisting on targeting Islam as equivalent to terrorism is another part.

Islam is not equivalent to terrorism. You are the one spreading that by attacking a view hardly anyone holds.
Radical Islam is being targeted.

And there's a fine distinction in your mind (at least for rhetorical purposes) between Islam and Radical Islam.

Perhaps a Muslim only sees "Islam"?

Oh, and just for fun, prove that "hardly anyone holds" the view that Islam is equivalent to terrorism.

With concrete evidence.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

a reply to: tadaman

"People who have the same criteria as him"? Criteria as in economic status? Or as in religion?

I don't blame you for venting outrage on the INDIVIDUAL who did these crimes and endangered those people, or his accessories.

It's the "others of his background" who may be as innocent as you or your New Yorkers I have a problem with targeting.

It's not a courtesy for Americans to be treated equally under the law and not be targeted because of their religion ... it's a right.

Profiling in all walks of life is a reality. Data is everywhere. From our ethnic background, to religion, to how much we earn, to digital footprints. It is all used to target - whether for products and offers or whether for criminal investigation.

Police are unlikely to use much of their resources investigating white people when they have a bomb with a note in Arabic attached to it.

Are you suggesting that police should not use religious or ethnic data to hone in on suspects?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
How can we call them rights if they can be taken away on a whim because of a handful of assholes engaging in terrorism?

Solutions man!
That's whats needed!
You offer none in your winded response. That's the problem with lefties. Sure you all can identify a problem but very rarely offer a solution. Blowing up the family home is NOT a solution. But you seem to suggest doing nothing and chalking it up to a "handful of assholes" as your solution. Honestly wouldn't expect anything different from you all anymore. If it's a white guy hes a radical christian if hes a dark skin muslim hes a victim. This is really getting old.
edit on 19-9-2016 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

So, if it's not about religion, we gain nothing by tacking on the adjective "Islamic" do we?

We're in agreement then.

Clever one you are!

I believe you know that you have failed to respond that ISIS is killing other Muslims because of religion. But we know, those who had family members killed by ISIS that think it was religiously motivated are bigots.

Again, if its not about religion, why do many of these attackers ask the religion of their victims (as I believe it was reported the Michigan stabber did)?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Why do crazy, murderous individuals do the things they do?

I have no idea, Grumbler. Do you?

Guy in Oregon asked victims if they were Christians.

Crazy folks do crazy things.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I don't think the folks who had family who died see it that way.

I think that's part of our problem.

And insisting on targeting Islam as equivalent to terrorism is another part.

Islam is not equivalent to terrorism. You are the one spreading that by attacking a view hardly anyone holds.
Radical Islam is being targeted.

And there's a fine distinction in your mind (at least for rhetorical purposes) between Islam and Radical Islam.

Perhaps a Muslim only sees "Islam"?

Oh, and just for fun, prove that "hardly anyone holds" the view that Islam is equivalent to terrorism.

With concrete evidence.

From many thousands of posts on this very forum and from many hundreds of blogs and news sites across the web and print media, from thousands of comments on social media networks and from hundreds of conversations on this subject F2F. I have rarely come across anyone who thinks Islam = Terrorism. I am sure if I trawled white supremacy sites then I'd find more, but it's a significant minority of people and those people I hold in the same regard as radical Islamic terrorists.

I do, however, often come across a lot of accusations thrown around about people thinking Islam=Terrorism. The people throwing around these accusations are making the situation worse (not making it better, which I believe is their intent).
edit on 19/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
And just like clockwork, Hillary blames Trump. Time for Obama to make his “we can’t judge all by the actions of a few” speech…While judging all gun owners for the actions of a few.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: RetsuUnohana
And just like clockwork, Hillary blames Trump. Time for Obama to make his “we can’t judge all by the actions of a few” speech…While judging all gun owners for the actions of a few.

I saw that - she's jumped the shark.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RetsuUnohana

I saw that - she's jumped the shark.

Yep, my first thought was :" I created and armed ISIS and handed them several countries, but Trump's words are the problem."

- Hillary

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Listen, at the end of the day I respect that you want to make sure that people are not attacked for something they have no part of. I agree with you 100% here, and think that it is necessary to remind ourselves of this.

I just don't think discussing the fact that there are a lot of attacks carried out in the name of Islam, even if that is a perversion of the religion and not the majority of practitioners of Islam, should be avoided, and we certainly shouldn't avoid the discussion out of fear of bigots.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

So your evidence is essentially "every one agrees with me" then?

Nah. I think you know that you made an unsupportable statement and now you're triggered.

S'ok.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The only thing I've essentially said here is that if we target Islam, we lose.

We've been losing this fight for years ... Let's try something new.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: matafuchs
Where is dad and the brother?

At work? At home?

Why does that matter? Were the authorities looking for them as well?

They were stopped and taken in last night.

According to NBC News, five members of Ahmad Rahami’s family were stopped near the Verrazano Bridge in New York City late Sunday night and detained for questioning by the FBI. 5h

The New York Post reported that investigators had stopped a car near the Verrazano-Narrows bridge linking Staten Island to Brooklyn. Senator Marty Golden said on Instagram that the traffic stop was related to the bombing. The Post added that five people were taken into custody in the stop and were questioned in an FBI building in Manhattan.

The New York Times reports that the suspects were mostly from the same family and “may” have been headed to JFK Airport. The Verrazano Bridge is about 30 minutes from the Rahami’s home in Elizabeth.

The New York Daily News reports that the SUV the five were traveling in contained a stash of weapons.

heavy.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm hearing on the radio that they just caught this guy.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

They caught him about three hours ago.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

okay, thanks. Apparently Rush Limbaugh is a little slow today, due to so much bad news about Hillary to cover.

I guess this terrorist will be put in the time-out room, now that torturing is illegal.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

okay, thanks. Apparently Rush Limbaugh is a little slow today, due to so much bad news about Hillary to cover.

I guess this terrorist will be put in the time-out room, now that torturing is illegal.

He is an American citizen. He will be given his due process.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

What would you like to see happen to him?

Don't let something as silly as laws stand in your way.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043i don't think the blasts were to kill lots of people i think they were being used forb other purpose i know close by one of the bombs is a big international thing maybe they were testing the security response of nypd in that area or maybe they are using that to funnel secruity in another direction so they can sneak something in?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Is it time to say it was Islamic terror now?

If you remove the emotional drivel and fear of hurt feelings from the equation, this was a fairly easy call moments after the attack happened. Safe money bet is that these events are rarely perpetrated by Christians, Jews, Atheists, or Buddhists...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join