It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Strangeness Continues...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
On August 17th, I posted this topic in what was probably the wrong area of the forum.
Strangeness on a tea break at work

In the days that followed, I placed the incident at the back of my mind, my wife thought it was a plane and said no more of it, yet I did find myself looking up at the sky a bit more than usual, especially after dark, as we have very little light pollution. Nothing was seen and I eventually gave in bothering, although the 'strangeness' factor tended to linger and rear it's ugly head now and again. I cannot explain it, just that something felt out of kilter.

About a week after the incident, I had one of those dreams where you think you are awake. I remember this as clear as day...I was dreaming about dreaming, if that makes any sense and, in what I presume was a dream, I woke up to feel an icy-cold tongue licking at the back of my neck. It felt like a cat's tongue, kind of rough but very long. It licked over my skin, which started to go numb and I screamed. My wife jumped up, thinking I was probably dying or something [better check that last will and testament] and I was suddenly awake and terrified. I sensed something at the bedside and couldn't even look and when I did, obviously there was nothing to be seen. It took a while and some comfort from my wife, before I went back to sleep.

Several days pass and I find myself on the way to work, leaving the house at around 2:55pm. The day is cool, overcast and very breezy, prompting me to contemplate going in the car but opting to not be a lazy-ass and walk. As I walked down the drive I saw something big and black in the sky, from the corner of my eye. Looking up, I saw it was a hot-air balloon, complete with basket and guide ropes. I could not see what colour it was, no people in the basket or any sign of a flame but I didn't even give it a second thought, as I wanted to get to work on time and started walking away from the house. Then, the heavens opened and I thought "Jesus! Those poor people in the bloody balloon." I looked back and up to the spot - no balloon in sight.

It then struck me as to why would a balloon be out on a day like this? We have a small airfield nearby where the balloons ascend from and usually at the weekend with more than a single balloon...maybe in groups of four or five...and definitely in more clement weather. I couldn't give it any more time, I had to be at work but the next day I decided to call the airfield and enquire if the balloonists returned safely. I was informed that no balloons had been out the day before.

Then I started to think about what I had seen. I realised that the balloon was black, which I had initially thought was a silhouette but how could it have been? There was no strong light from the direction behind it. There was no markings on the balloon. I saw no flame or people and even though it was windy, the balloon was not moving accordingly. Also, there are no tall buildings, no structures for it to vanish behind...again, like the plane in my linked post, it was in clear view but still vanished.

Perplexing.

At the end of last week, on Thursday evening, I was in the sports hall at the school where I work, running the buffer machine over the floor when I spotted a bloody huge cat through the large glass panels at the rear of the building. I stopped dead in my tracks, switched the machine off and went to the windows. It was a Lynx or at least it looked like one but is was at least twice the size of a domestic cat and I freaked out a little when it stopped and looked directly at me. The other strange thing was, that it was inside a square, wire-fenced area that is gated and locked when not being used. The wire fencing is about ten foot high, as is the gate. The only thing in the area, besides the cat, was a small stack of five wooden pallets, which the cat decided to inspect. It prowled around them, vanishing from site around the far side then never reappeared. I waited for what seemed like an age but was probably a few minutes, then went back to work.

I'm beginning to wonder that if taking an interest in things alien and paranormal actually manifests itself or affects the mind. Of course, these incidents could probably be dissected and maybe explained, case-by-case...but to have them thrown at me in such a short space of time is just weird.
edit on 19-9-2016 by fromtheskydown because: Crap spelling and grammar.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I'm begiining to wonder that if actually taking an interest in things alien and paranormal actually manifests itself or affects the mind. Of course, these incidents could probably be dissected and maybe explained, case-by-case...but to have them thrown at me in such a short space of time is just weird.
a reply to: fromtheskydown

Bingo. That is exactly how it works. The more you focus on the weirdness the more it messes with you. You have to be very careful how you study these kind of things.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

You have to be very careful how you study these kind of things.

Can you expand on that please? What do you think is a "safe(r)" way to study such topics?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

The major lesson learned by some of us is plain: Consensus reality is false. A lie that would have us accept and focus upon a physical reality that does exist to a major degree, but which also serves as a shield to protect us from the "other" greater truth.

Modern materialist of all strips, common people and science, are in denial of that truth. We must look to some of the most primitive peoples, such as the Australian aborigines to even glimpse how that hidden truth can be accessed, and understood to some degree. All roads seem to lead to a mass consciousness in the Universe which lays just a tad beyond human perception.

Perhaps not all of what you mention are connected to this hidden realm, but regardless, your eyes have been open to the possibilities.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I am thoroughly convinced that a person lives according to their attention and beliefs. Just wait and see, it will get "weirder."

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Can you expand on that please? What do you think is a "safe(r)" way to study such topics?

I'm not sure to tell you the truth. All I know is that I've been in trouble in these areas many years ago and I stay as far away as possible. I can't seem to stop reading about this stuff though.

I do think it's important that we do scientifically based investigations into all of these different phenomena to see if we can find out what's behind them. I think Vallee had a good approach but I'm not sure if he's ever come to any conclusions beyond what he's written. I think both he and Hynek kept themselves "safe" if you will by the methods they used, but I don't know what about them it was that was responsible for it, sorry I can't answer your question better.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Thank you for elaborating on that. I am not familiar with Dr. Jacques Valle or Dr. Josef Allen Hynek (the 2 individuals I think you are talking about?)

But now I will have to do some research on their findings! I really appreciate what you've said in this thread. If I was a Mod I would give you an "applause" and 500 pt bonus, but I'm just a peon

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

From one peon to another, thanks for the kind words! I wish everyone here was as friendly and polite.

I can't believe you are not familiar with those two, and yes you are right about their identity. I always just state their last names stupidly assuming everyone is as familiar with their work as I am. Let me look on my devices and see if I have any digital copies of either of their works I can get to you. I can definitely give you some titles to look up like Jacques' "Passport to Magonia". That's a good place to start.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer

I'm begiining to wonder that if actually taking an interest in things alien and paranormal actually manifests itself or affects the mind. Of course, these incidents could probably be dissected and maybe explained, case-by-case...but to have them thrown at me in such a short space of time is just weird.

Bingo. That is exactly how it works. The more you focus on the weirdness the more it messes with you. You have to be very careful how you study these kind of things.

Correct. Although some person's are of special interest and are more or less dragged into it from a young age....or it just happens due to circumstance.

Either way, its usually best to avoid giving this stuff attention if you dont want your mind potentially blown in half with realization and profundity. By no means is this necessarily a good thing in a world filled with ignorance, wanton fear, and anti intellectualism.

To famcore: one must have a strong ability to be skeptical in ones own beliefs. One must be capable of controlling ones own emotions so as to keep calm. These are key aspects of being able to safely study these topics in depth safely..but there is generally a level of risk that needs to be accounted for.
edit on 19-9-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Correct. Although some person's are of special interest and are more or less dragged into it from a young age....or it just happens due to circumstance.
a reply to: OneGoal

Yes, that's also true. I was bothered for a long time as a young boy. It was obvious that I was picked out, I hadn't done anything to open any doors or anything like that. It also was not something centering around the house I was the only one having the experiences and I never spoke about them to anyone. Growing up in the '60s was different than it is now...

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Interesting, and read the previous thread as well. Seems you have had more than one oddity lately. Happens that way, sometimes! Odd that you'd dream of a long cat tongue, then see a huge cat at work. Possible, but odd, to me, anyway.

Be careful not to invite anything, and don't let things scare you.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Thank you for the replies. Nothing unusual has happened since, although I am now suffering from fatigue and a kind of rash or skin complaint has spread up my back, from the waistline to the base of my neck. I intend to get a doctor's appointment to see if the tiredness and rash are maybe linked somehow.

I have Crohn's Disease and Ankylosing Spondylitis, both of which are auto-immune conditions. In other words, my body attacking itself. I do go to the gym three times a week and have a physical job. I wonder if this fatigue is somehow messing with my perception?

If anything weird happens again, I will update the thread.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

May I suggest a method THEN be devised to crack this cage?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Ah well, no sooner said...

It's just happened again. A little over an hour ago, my wife asked me to hang out some washing on the line. The day is quite breezy but the sky cloudless, apart from a clump down towards the southwest of the town. As she took some rubbish to the recylcle bin she made a comment.

"The 'Flyboys' are out an about."

The 'Flyboys' are our pet name for the pilots that fly their jets over the town, going all 'Top Gun' on the population by doing spins and flying low. The deep rumble of the engines can be heard well before they make an appearance and long after, as they follow the contours of the hills and meandering of the river.

She went back inside to do the washing up from lunchtime while I pegged out the clothes. I could hear the rumble...barely audible at the low-end of the scale but still filling the air and my ears. I looked up, seeing nothing, before reaching into the basket for the next item of clothing. As I pegged the garment onto the washing- line, I saw it, the plane from my first post, flying so slowly as to be almost hanging there, however, it was moving.

I could not take my eyes off it as it crawled along. The altitude was once again indeterminable...not high enough for contrails but seemingly too low to be going any considerable distance. It was travelling directly from east to west and, as I think I have said previously, the two nearest major airports are 65-70 miles south east and south west of the town. There is no airport directly to the west. It is worth noting that the engine rumble was no louder or duller than before.

I watched it vanish behind the roofline of the house and immediately ran down the side and through the gate to the front. As I did so, the engine noise ceased and when I got to the front, yes, you guessed it, the plane was nowhere to be seen. I waited to see if it would reappear. I scanned the sky but saw nothing. At this point I can feel my heart pounding and a sense of disorientation. There was no one around and a noticeable absence of sound, although I did spot two birds swirling around each other over the playing fields adjacent to the houses.

I returned to the washing, still looking up into the sky. When I went into the house my wife was busily drying the pots.

"They didn't fly over, then? Maybe they decided to annoy another town."
"No...maybe they did."
"Do something useful and put the kettle on."

Weirdness over.
edit on 25-9-2016 by fromtheskydown because: Spelling errors...again!

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
i have experience with these anomalies. first, your brain and eyes can create "natural" imagined hallucinations, i prefer "neural holograms". there are those that are being induced into these states using EMF flux from walls which i discovered the link in my own home upon myself. its deeper than that but you dont want to go that far. basicly i think they are messing with you. dont worry, they are likely testing you. But things can get bad for you as they did me.

Ifound a way out over 7 years to relative peace of mind from what they do to me. Just read my posts.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Yesterday, whilst returning home from the gym, I witnessed a plane flying south east to north west, which would be Edinburgh Airport to Inverness Airport. This plane was definitely higher and moving faster, it looked the same but more 'real', if you like. This was normal for me, a regular plane in the sky, complete with engine noise and visible until it reached beyond the distant clouds.

As I have said before, we don't get many, especially at that altitude and the higher altitiude planes are easily recognizable because of their speed and contrails.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I BELIEVE THIS 100%
www.psychologytoday.com...

i have had first hand proof that it works, be careful how you think, your thought are more powerful than you could possibly imagine, (someone important said that).... not just me

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Humaniforming is the main concept.

Its why meditation can be so dangerous.

If you chase after "the phenomenon" too passionately, the neural plasticity of certain areas of your brain will accomodate, making your brain a nice little "nest" for "strangeness".

So...use naked intellect all you want...but don't let yourself become "humaniformed" (like terraformed, except we are the environment).

Kev

top topics

join