It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Re-introduction - FSME Cryptozoology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Hi there! Under the guidance of one of the admins, I'd love to re-introduce myself since it's been awhile and I don't know any of the new folks here.

I joined in March 2006, posted a *ton*, became Forum Subject Matter Expert of the Cryptozoology forum (which desperately needs some help... I will get to it when I finish my thesis...) and then fell off the face of the planet once I started focusing more on college (sorry about that, I promise to be a better FSME). I literally just re-formatted my avatar (beautifully made for me by a member, I'm never getting rid of it)--it's been that long.

I've been lurking around recently just because ATS is a useful resource for hard-to-find sources, and provides quick news updates. I've also been interested in the political atmosphere on here because having been a member for ten years, it's been interesting to see how that keeps changing. This political season seems to be, um, particularly dramatic on here. Some of the recent ATS polls have been surprising to say the least (okay, maybe not *too* surprising, but highly imbalanced)

Anyway, I'm a 25 year old female, I work in environmental conservation, and I live in the mid-Atlantic US. I haven't, and won't, talk much about my work on here solely because cryptozoology is still frowned-upon in the conservation/science mainstream, although there are some notable exceptions. Recently I've been really glad to connect professionally with Loren Coleman who is a cryptozoology god, so that's exciting, and try to incorporate traditional/local knowledge in my work everywhere possible. I tend to post in the sciencey forums more than other places. I do have a strong understanding of science so I do my best to deny ignorance specifically in those areas.

If you have any questions, let me know! I'll still be mostly lurking, but posting when it seems appropriate. Especially if you have any science/wildlife/cryptozoology questions, feel free to send me a note.
edit on 9/19/2016 by ravenshadow13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ravenshadow13
If you have any questions, let me know! I'll still be mostly lurking, but posting when it seems appropriate. Especially if you have any science/wildlife/cryptozoology questions, feel free to send me a note.

Welcome to ATS.

I think a thread about some of the more significant achievements cryptozoology has made in the last 100 years would be neat...some sort of top 5 discoverys...still no bigfoot sadly.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

That's a really good idea. I have a few different ideas for threads that I want to pin... that's a great one, the other would just be "What is cryptozoology?"

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This is really great news!

For those who weren't around back then... check out this thread to see the astonishing amount of work raven has put in to this forum.

A true pleasure to have you back.

From a member, not admin, perspective, it's awesome to know that a non-political forum will be getting some more attention!

Unless someone tries to figure out if Nessie is a Trump or Hillary supporter of course.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ravenshadow13

Oh my gosh,that thread took a lot of work. I have seen some of those threads, but probably a small fraction. I have a lot of reading to do.

welcome back

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I am personally very excited about ravenshadow returning. Ive sorely missed the cryptozoology forum material and have been stuck going to other sites to get my fix. I came to ats in the first place because of cryptozoology related threads.

I look forward to reading and participating in any of your hopefully forthcoming threads.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

Now off to the ATS Freshman forums... just kidding!

That darn skool getting in the way! All you really need is a FLIR and a large dude who can howl like a Yeti... right? LOL.

I was lurking since something like 2010 and then I realized nobody was paying attention to nuclear fusion (most still aren't) so I joined up earlier this year. So the pull of ATS is strong. If after so many years I join??? I know how you feel! Welcome back to the chaos, thought mosh pit, Mandala Effect club, and all the other craziness!!

-TEOT

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Welcome back Raven!

It's been a while, hope you're doing well

(Yes I realise I'm about a month too late, but I obviously missed this thread the first time round lol) 😄

edit on 26/10/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join