It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pharma Company Funding Anti-Pot Fight Worried About Losing Business, Filings Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Well well well, what a surprise. Pharma Corporations are exposing themselves as the core financiers behind anti-marijuana groups:

On August 31, Insys Therapeutics Inc. donated $500,000 to Arizonans for Responsible Drug Policy, becoming the single largest donor to the group leading the charge to defeat a ballot measure in Arizona to legalize marijuana.

The drug company, which currently markets a fast-acting version of the deadly painkiller fentanyl, assured local news reporters that they had the public interest in mind when making the hefty donation. A spokesperson told the Arizona Republic that Insys opposes the legalization measure, Prop. 205, “because it fails to protect the safety of Arizona’s citizens, and particularly its children.”

A Washington Post story on Friday noted the potential self-interest involved in Insys’s donation.

Investor filings examined by The Intercept confirm the obvious.

Insys is currently developing a product called the Dronabinol Oral Solution, a drug that uses a synthetic version of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) to alleviate chemotherapy-caused nausea and vomiting. In an early filing related to the dronabinol drug, assessing market concerns and competition, Insys filed a disclosure statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission stating plainly that legal marijuana is a direct threat to their product line

theintercept.com...

More in the link.

I am fully behind promoting individual freedom. The right of the individual, of an adult, to decide what they wish to eat or consume. If they want to smoke marijuana, who the hell are you to tell them otherwise? I shake my head at stories like these. Corporations and politicians spending time and money trying to limit the ability of an adult to make their own decisions, to have a choice in life. It's all about money and for some it's about forcing their own sense of 'morals' on others. I also have a personal account of medical marijuana doing wonders to a dear aunt of mine. It helps her with the pain. I can't believe people will try and limit freedoms and progress. As I said, it's all about greed and control and more people need to start speaking out against this.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

particularly its children
Any time you read that, you know its going to destroy numerous childs lives and its for everything, but the children.

Thats a red ####ing flag right there.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Well, they have adapt or see more losses. Too bad for them our states have control for the most part(minus the Fed) to chose if they want it-whether medical and or recreational. Frankly they should chose it especially due to poor health care and people suffering without MM. Tons of taxes will pour in as well. What state wouldn't like that unless they are bought off. Partisan politics which have an influence with their lobbyist as well. They are harming people.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Ah yes more "theories" being exposed...and we are to believe that big pharma has the best interests of its customers in mind!

Cannabis has been used to treat a myriad of maladies and you can bet your ass that the profit margine for fentayll would drop drastic if the people were allowed their sovereign right to medicate with nature.

Honestly it is hard for me to fathom that there are still people out there who can not understand how beneficial this plant is in every single aspect of its use!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Nice find! Thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

Ah yes more "theories" being exposed...and we are to believe that big pharma has the best interests of its customers in mind!

Cannabis has been used to treat a myriad of maladies and you can bet your ass that the profit margine for fentayll would drop drastic if the people were allowed their sovereign right to medicate with nature.

Honestly it is hard for me to fathom that there are still people out there who can not understand how beneficial this plant is in every single aspect of its use!

It's pretty sad really. So goes the quote "the propaganda is strong on this one."

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I also have a personal account of medical marijuana doing wonders to a dear aunt of mine. It helps her with the pain.

This is why I call the criminalization of cannabis a literal crime against humanity. I've seen many people helped with medical marijuana. Some for whom medical science admits they cannot help them otherwise. It is far more than a pain reliever -- although that is VERY important!

And when you force lethal pills on people while denying them a safe natural alternative, it becomes downright sadistic.

new topics

top topics

join