It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina, Virginia, Alabama, Tennessee & Georgia Declare STATE OF EMERGENCY

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I'm in the tri-state area of GA, AL & TN... I went this evening to fill up my grandfathers truck for him and every station was completely out of gas. Had to drive a few miles into town and what gas was available had risen about $0.80/gal. I know for a fact that there will be a hell of a lot of folks out here in the country that either won't able to find gas or run out while lookin for it. This is gonna screw up everything for a few days.
edit on 19-9-2016 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: boncho

What good is declaring EMERGENCY going to do other than cause an overkill rush on the pumps?!?!

For one, it lets FEMA and the local cops heist the remaining gasoline. Can't have the peasants being mobile during a crisis.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I take it the only people not panicking right now are the preppers in that area...they are getting ready....

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

What good is that going to do other than cause an overkill rush on the pumps?!?!

Well, planning and all that. Seems like informing people might be good so they can adjust wasteful use of gas. That and tracking little blips.

I had blips on pipeline bursting & blips on pipeline protests, and blips on pipeline connected companies overseas being in litigation. Whenever enough blips go off I like to make a thread or post it somewhere to come back later, in case something else develops or I want to know how coverage was when it started.

Personally I think there is more to the pipeline burst than is being let on...which is currently, nothing, so well, right now it doesn't mean much, but look back in a month & see if any answers have come.

well i think you may be right im suspecting terrorists might have been involved in light of recent events. or just could be a coincidence if you believe in that sort of thing.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Actually gives the governors options such as suspending taxes or relaxing shipping regulations. Being in one of the effected states i can say that local gas stations have started trying to get emergency shipments out of New York problem is higher Taxes. as for people panicking yeah they are a gas station near me got a shipment this morning sold out in two hours. I figure if i run out of gas excuse to miss work lol.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
I take it the only people not panicking right now are the preppers in that area...they are getting ready....

Lots of people aren't panicking.. I already saw some stations out of gas. We don't have too many other ones.

*Literally no one here is worried haha..

I'll see about tomorrow.. People waking up looking for gas on monday morning? Yea.. Should be more of an issue, start "the work week off with some stress"

The thing is people around here are really chill even the cops.

When I walked to work the other day I passed about 30 bicycles.. College hippie town with a free bus system.. So it will be interesting to see if my area gets affected much. IF it does other areas will have much worse repercussions.

*that I've talked to.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Oh yeah..wait till the bottle shops and pubs run out of alcohol, im betting there will be panic then

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
It strikes me as odd that everyone is sort of advertising there's yet another easily accessible unguarded bit of infrastructure that passes through rural America that one can easily damage and cause so much chaos.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
It strikes me as odd that everyone is sort of advertising there's yet another easily accessible unguarded bit of infrastructure that passes through rural America that one can easily damage and cause so much chaos.

yes just about every part of the country is dependent on one pipeline or another. Imagine say the one for New York Or Los angeles having problems. worse yet natural gas pipelines run through every major city.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Oh yeah..wait till the bottle shops and pubs run out of alcohol, im betting there will be panic then

more of a green town including recycling

But it's North Carolina ya know ...moon shine..

We have a free bus system.
And before you say anything a lot of the buses run on alternative fuels, hehe.

In 2005, the North Carolina General Assembly passed a law requiring all state vehicle fleets to displace 20 percent of their petroleum with alternative fuels or energy efficiency measures. Since then, petroleum consumption at Carolina has fallen over 23 percent, surpassing their goal.

source

So far just a few people saying higher gas prices maybe go fill up your tank, and a few stores out of gas.

we shall see what happens next.

we also have a crazy good cops. they are used to managing the entire towns population all in one spot everytime our team wins the NCAA Basketball tournament. We'll be fine, Maybe other areas will have more of an issue.
edit on 19-9-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Indeed....one could be forgiven to think that sabotaging the pipeline after it is installed would be a far more effective way to dismantle it....

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Artificial scarcity and fear-mongering propaganda by TPTB. Fantastic.. what else is new?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Artificial scarcity and fear-mongering propaganda by TPTB. Fantastic.. what else is new?

the power that be control ALL the gas stations trying to get gas? They're losing money everyday now.

How does that work?

Or can you explain ? Are you saying the pipeline is fine? And all the people trying to fix it are not really there? and all the people who work on the pipeline to run it are all quiet?

Sounds like real scarcity to me.. Ever worked in retail or anywhere that gets shipments in? One missed truck and your #ed pretty quickly after that. I ran a dairy/frozen section at a grocery store before and we missed one truck I ran out of milk and eggs, and people were pissed. and the next truck only had the room for regular supply basically so we ran out again. gas has a pretty steady demand. any slowdowns lead to trouble.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
how is it that the Russian Mob can transport hundreds of thousands of gallons of gas from NJ to NY, yet our government cant do something similar?

edit on 9 19 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
how is it that the Russian Mob can transport hundreds of thousands of gallons of gas from NJ to NY, yet our government cant do something similar?

we shall see if they do.

THis article strikes me though...

The line runs from Houston to the New York harbor, and experts say the line’s owner, Colonial Pipeline, was extraordinarily lucky: the spill happened 500ft from the retention pond for a mining company, and all the fuel flowed into it. That spared the Cahaba river system, one of the most biologically diverse spots in the country, prized by scientists for its concentration of endangered species.

“Yeah,” said James Pinkney, a spokesman for the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). He gave a wry laugh. “You really couldn’t have planned it any better than this. There are no homes nearby, and it’s fully contained. It’s so fortunate.”

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   

But it's North Carolina ya know ...moon shine.. We have a free bus system. And before you say anything a lot of the buses run on alternative fuels, hehe.

As long as they are not running on moonshine it may just be ok..

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Wow. Face palm.

“You really couldn’t have planned it any better than this. There are no homes nearby, and it’s fully contained. It’s so fortunate.”

In other words, someone planned this out for a test run (*cough* intelligence ops *cough*) because next time it'll be blamed on the bad guys. Hell, might even do it this time later, and pretend we didn't do it.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
And her in Southwest Michigan the price went up $.46 last week because of it. It's back down about $.25 but still a ways to go. It seems whenever it gets under $2 a gallon something happens th shoot it back up.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

What good is declaring EMERGENCY going to do other than cause an overkill rush on the pumps?!?!

For one, it lets FEMA and the local cops heist the remaining gasoline. Can't have the peasants being mobile during a crisis.

It also allows government agencies to let no-bid contracts. That can be pretty lucrative for friends of the officials with the pen and phone. Never let a good crisis go to waste!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

And people with horse property.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join