It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Panic in Asheville, Western N.C. - All Stations Sold Out, Are You Prepared?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Poofmander
a reply to: LanceCorvette

I dont know if anyone has read "One Second After" butnit takes place in Asheville after an EMP attack.

These sorts of events should always be taken seriously beecause all it takes is one more straw to truly break the camels back.

If ya'll havent read it you really should.

I havn't but maybe I'll check it out sometime..

So here's a little update.. My facebook is people spotting gas trucks and telling each other where to get gas.. As far as I can tell 2 miles outside of town is the move for the next few hours at least..

Unlike what some people are saying, no one really seems to care around here, and no one is making runs on gas stations.. It's normal use just no freaking supply.

So yea now people are playing spot the gas truck.

prices have not gone up too much about right on the National average according to gas buddy website. Makes sense with the laws about price gauging.

yesterday about 2/3 of the stations were out of gas. seems more today but I don't drive just going on other people.

The Pipline was suppossed to resume operations today... I wonder if it did?

Colonial Pipeline resumes pumping to gas-starved south

The company says it will take several days for fuel supplies to return to normal in markets served by the pipeline. More than 800 personnel were on site in the restart efforts.

edit on 21-9-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Poofmander
a reply to: LanceCorvette

I dont know if anyone has read "One Second After" butnit takes place in Asheville after an EMP attack.

These sorts of events should always be taken seriously beecause all it takes is one more straw to truly break the camels back.

If ya'll havent read it you really should.

Read it twice before I moved here. That's what made me take prepping more seriously. And having prep supplies for my dog too.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Hi, I live in Asheville. There was plenty of discussion as to why a state of emergency had to be declared: it has to do with a temporary lift of certain oversights regarding size/weight limit of delivery trucks.

And 'all stations' are not out of gas. Sporadic outages for sure, but not even close to that.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Giskard
Hi, I live in Asheville. There was plenty of discussion as to why a state of emergency had to be declared: it has to do with a temporary lift of certain oversights regarding size/weight limit of delivery trucks.

And 'all stations' are not out of gas. Sporadic outages for sure, but not even close to that.

As of Sunday when I made the post, every station on New Leicester Hwy to the Ingles was out (5); every station on Patton from the bridge S and W to the Candler Ingles was sold out (7); every station on Merrimon was sold out except the Shell at 240 (3 or 4). Other than Tunnel Rd or Hendersonville Rd, which I did not travel, those are four of the the major roads in town, all sold out.

I didn't go farther than that because I only had 1/4 of a tank, but I saw on my FB others were reporting sold out all around town.
edit on 22-9-2016 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join