It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Panic in Asheville, Western N.C. - All Stations Sold Out, Are You Prepared?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 4003fireglo

I have no idea. As I stated, the narrative is not mine. I was just relaying a conspiracy-type statement from someone who I know that could confirm the voracity of others reporting that there was no gas. The extra (Obama) part was funny to me and I thought that, at the very least, I would mention it. There is more to it I guess but I am fearful that mentioning it here will just unleash a torrent of flaming arrows pointed in my direction. Strangely, from a conspiracy perspective their (group of Asheville locals) theory makes way more sense than the Tesla thoughts. Peace.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Minus the pipeline bursting, didn't this happen in the Netflix series House of Cards? Town runs out of gas, political chaos ensures.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I live in a small town in NC near the boarder of South Carolina and all the gas stations are now empty.

No gas, we are being told to park our cars where we can see our gas caps, people are reporting gas thefts everywhere.

I never thought I would live to see this.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
a reply to: LanceCorvette

Does anyone know what caused the Alabama gas pipeline break?

Just to piggyback on this. No one knows for sure what caused the rupture. Or exactly when it happened. There is a no fly above the retention ponds where the gas flowed into and a dispute as to how much gas actually leaked out. The pipeline execs and EPA coordinators are holed up in a luxury golf club in AL and no one is allowed in.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

No one knows for sure what caused the rupture.

You would think this would be headline News, but not here. This event is causing some major problems.

We are being told from some gas stations in NC, that it could take two weeks before they get any gas deliverers.

Well I need to dust off the cobwebs off my old bike that has been in the garage for 20 years.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

No one knows for sure what caused the rupture.

You would think this would be headline News, but not here. This event is causing some major problems.

We are being told from some gas stations in NC, that it could take two weeks before they get any gas deliverers.

Well I need to dust off the cobwebs off my old bike that has been in the garage for 20 years.

If this shortage starts affecting air-travel, it will make national headlines really fast.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Well, supposedly, they are going to start shipping it north via actual ships. Supposedly. Here's what I don't get. The Colonial goes from TX to NY, so why is it only five or six states in the Southeast that are getting the squeeze?

And why is there an information lock-down on the cause and estimated time for a fix? Why is the EPA, who work for us, not being more forthright with how much has leaked and what is the environmental impact? Is this another BP?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

And why is there an information lock-down on the cause and estimated time for a fix?

I know, right! We all have taken notice of the News black out and very little information coming out. I am suspecting it might be worst than we know. It also shows how easy the Press is being controlled over all this.

Why is the EPA, who work for us, not being more forthright with how much has leaked and what is the environmental impact? Is this another BP?

My "opinion" is the EPA is completely corrupt and owned by the oligarchy and have been ordered to stay quite for now.

Yes, I agree it sure looks like another BP.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

I thought it was punishment for the Dakota pipeline issue?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
www.al.com...
Read down the page for the preliminary findings. This has probably already been reported here.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
It is called an ignorance shortage.

People are buying it faster than they can tank it in.

If people would stop panicking and buy gas normally, then the tankers can stock the tanks.

A friend of mine down in Georgia shared a FB post of a clerk and she stated that the truck drivers are saying their is no shortage. People are just buying an unreal amount of gasoline, hoarding is the problem here.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01
I hope you are right and they get it fixed. I've got plans to travel to Charleston soon for my Princess week. Last year's trip got cut short due to illness and I NEED A VACATION! Crab cakes and fried green tomatoes, the beach and a cruise out to Morris Island lighthouse.
I'm not sure if it is still the case, but during the '70s gas crisis, Kentucky had its own stockpile of gas so we never had rationing or long lines. Tennessee didn't have a stockpile so there were long lines there and lots of Volunteers driving up to Kentucky for their gas.
It would just make sense to have stockpiles in each state in case of just such an emergency as this.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
It is called an ignorance shortage.

People are buying it faster than they can tank it in.

If people would stop panicking and buy gas normally, then the tankers can stock the tanks.

A friend of mine down in Georgia shared a FB post of a clerk and she stated that the truck drivers are saying their is no shortage. People are just buying an unreal amount of gasoline, hoarding is the problem here.

Exactly. Which is why I said, supply, demand and panicky people equals payoff. Freak people out, watch panic ensue. Panic ensues, stockpiles shrink, more panic ensues, slip a little gouging in there, money's to be had. Do people really think the corporate end of gas stations aren't rubbing their hands over this? We've got a family friend in FL who ran a couple of BPs, they (not him, but corp.) LOVED hurricane season. Easy money.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I'm in Asheville. I woke up the other day, went out into the world, and was surprised at how dead the roads were. Then I notice that nobody is at the gas pumps... and that there are plastic bags over the nozzles. My dad calls me to discuss the pipeline damage fiasco, which clearly is news to me at the time. The first thing that popped into my head was, "what does some racketeer seek to gain here?". It could be a gouging scheme, or perhaps a psychological experiment. Either way, they've been very hush about it...

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

What i dont understand is why oil is not being transported by trucks, rail, air if necessary and can the claimed leak have this level of consequence in reality?

There must be a contingency plans in place as part of the management of risks associated with oil pipelines. A basic risk assessment carried out by some with an amateurs skill and knowledge level would know that fracture of the pipe from 101+1 more different causes is both foreseeable and preventable.

Such a person knows that therefore contingency plans for transporting the oil have to developed, trailed and trouble shooted, amended and re-trailed.

Industry experts who build, maintain and monitor pipelines know all this kind of stuff backwards, inside out and upside down.

Very clearly there is something more going on than just a leaking oil pipe.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

This is what I'm saying. After 9/11, every business, and I mean every business created such emergency contingency plans. I would imagine that bigger and more critical businesses would have "war gamed" various scenarios. Basically "Pipeline break, go to plan 12" or something.

Especially something that, apparently, is so critical to our transportation infrastructure. I'm sure terrorists are taking notes of how just *one* break can do this, imagine multiple "breaks" at one time.

The flip side of that is no one wants to be the guy who pulled the fire alarm if there may not be a fire. So lots of people standing around waiting for the other guy to hit the contingency button?

In the meantime, not all stations are sold out, it seems to be localized to, more or less, the city-proper area (although we got gas in the city at a smaller, off the main road station).

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalSea

This also happened, albeit a more simplified concept, in Under the Dome. The gas was more for utilities at the point though.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
i live in nc and all around me the little towns have no gas i got up this morning and and went to my girls house and asked her if she was good on gas she said yeah she was sitting on a quarter of a tank but it was ok because i had gas in my ride i work at nights and she stays next door with her parents who also said they were good at only a quarter tank my girl is due to deliver our child in a week and a half i took her truck filled it up and 2 5 gallon cans and then i went back and filled up her parents tank and reminded them if she goes into labor carry her to hospital don't wait for me to come get her from work i will meet them there they had no idea that the town we live in and the neighboring 2 were out of gas.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
It could also have been done by saboteur(s). I can see them not wanting to cover that for fear of it happening again once bad people realize it's a thing they can do.

Or maybe it was done by PTB as others suspect, as a social experiment and/or get rich quick scheme.

A 'leak' that happened all by itself doesn't seem very plausible on the surface, but I admittedly know nothing of pipeline logistics.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I dont know if anyone has read "One Second After" butnit takes place in Asheville after an EMP attack.

These sorts of events should always be taken seriously beecause all it takes is one more straw to truly break the camels back.

If ya'll havent read it you really should.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join