It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Panic in Asheville, Western N.C. - All Stations Sold Out, Are You Prepared?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Its the same story in Nashville, I stayed up last night watching the gas station down the street and all the people yelling and honking their horns. When they ran out of gas a few hours later a tanker showed up with cars following it. Today the same thing, every station is closed and you cannot even buy gas tanks any where. I can siphon some gas out of my small collection to keep the best MPG car going but that wont last but about 2 weeks. If this keeps up for another few days I`m calling out of work and just staying home.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: LanceCorvette

False flag scare tactics - that's my first thought! Panic the people, cause unrest. This, on top of terrorist attacks, a military blunder, and a candidate reported dead? The crazy news just keeps coming.

I'm leaning that way too, but I'm staying alert...too many crazy events one on top of the other lately, and it feels sketchy.

Out of curiosity, if this were to actually become a full blown crisis situation across the south, do you think that would be sufficient cause to suspend the election?

Well, that's the most obvious issue, isn't it? Been discussed since way back on '08, and now we have story after story after story, with just over a month to go. Normally it's all election coverage, but now, all this? Feels very sketchy! Expecting more, too, in the days to come. Not sure what, but more is coming! At the least, I could see the debates cancelled, and wouldn't that be interesting!?

Finding data on how an election could be "postponed" legally, these days, isn't easy, either. There is some information, but not a lot. No precedent in history, and a guy who ignores the law already, and I think it's feasible.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Let me know when they cancel NASCAR and all the football games. I've always wondered how much energy is squandered to watch race cars drive around in circles added to all the people driving to and from the games...

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SentientCentenarian
Let me know when they cancel NASCAR and all the football games. I've always wondered how much energy is squandered to watch race cars drive around in circles added to all the people driving to and from the games...

Yeah right, as if that will happen...they displaced so many homeless in RIO just to host the Olympic games.....all that money could have gone into infrastructure and facilities for the poor but the priorities are all wrong and will remain that way until the thieving scumbags that run the show are dragged into the street and made an example of....

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

These are the same people that crush a grocery store in this state when snow is forecast. So I mean....

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This isn't the first time something like this has happened in Asheville, though. It's the third time that I'm aware of...
edit on 21am46930192016pAmerica/Chicago46 by saintdopeium because: (no reason given)

We had a couple of stations closed here in High Point on Friday.
edit on 02am29930192016pAmerica/Chicago29 by saintdopeium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

As usual is the manic panic creation to cash out on an opportunity, here in GA so far in my neck of the woods everything is just normal, no shortage.

But remember that in our nation the price gouging is alive, well and profitable and by the time the state government or federal government step in the profiteers all ready ran with our money.

Beware, because that gas leak is not going to be a lost for the oil barons no sire, we all will be paying for the cost of the loses even if is not our fault.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I'm not, but who really is? Most people who are saddled with debt and expenses couldn't afford to adequately prepare for such scenarios. I assume many people would also probably be screwed if SHTF

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I live in the Raleigh area and it was kinda crazy last night. The towns of Zebulon, Wendell, and Knightdale were all out of Gas as of last night. I had to drive in to Raleigh and had to wait an hour at the gas station. Cars were lined up in the road waiting to get gas. I haven't seen any price gouging but it has been kinda of chaotic scene here with everybody scrambling to get gas. The station i got gas from last night is now out of gas. Every thing near me is out. It's scary to think if this goes on for long enough, what else could be affected? Could there be a food shortage? If there's no gas for the trucks to deliver food to the stores for any amount of time who knows. I hope this blows over soon.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I'm not, but who really is? Most people who are saddled with debt and expenses couldn't afford to adequately prepare for such scenarios. I assume many people would also probably be screwed if SHTF

I'm not talking full-blown prepper, but we've got about three weeks of food, four if we had to stretch (and food for the dog!). Doesn't take much to get there, just buy a few cans of corn/beans/rice every time you go to the grocery and put them in the back of the closet until you have a nice stash. A good water filter is a must. This reminds me we need to get a new camp stove and propane.

And hot sauce, salt and coffee. In the wastelands of the future, the man with the coffee will rule.
edit on 19-9-2016 by LanceCorvette because: add words

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

originally posted by: LanceCorvette
a reply to: Mobius8

Which brings up a broader point: how can a pipeline break in just one pipeline result in an entire State running out of gas?

Don't get me wrong, I understand the factors: It's a weekend, probably no deliveries scheduled until Monday, and there's probably stores of it somewhere just waiting to be delivered.

But why the panic? And why Western N.C.? If they hadn't announced it, likely nobody would even have known and would have gassed up routinely, i.e., people wouldn't have felt the need to rush to "top off" their tanks. It may have resulted in a slight price increase but no one would have noticed.

I'm thinking, someone is trying to see what the minimum amount of information can be used to cause a panic.

the pipeline that ruptured in Alabama feeds NC SC Georgia... etc all the South Eastern States. Brings it straight from the Gulf coast where the USA has most of it's refineries that turn oil into gasoline. Fun Fact Gasoline is our biggest export. Many people don't know that. So imagine a pipe like a faucet always pouting this gas way closer to us, but now it has to be trucked in from much further away.. Probably trucked from texas but I'm hugely ignorant of what pipelines around here are or whatever but that is a long drive from Texas.

Gas prices seem to be unusually higher in Western North Carolina. I lived in Boone for two years. I think it's more out of the way or inconvenient somehow to get there. It is in the mountains afterall.. Food prices are a bit higher too. Gas stations in my hood chapel hill are running out.. Chapel Hill is like middle of the State. I commented in the car earlier it was odd a gas station said the gas was 0.00 dollars.

This escaelated quickly.....

And with the OTHER pipeline having issues being finished..

Who knows if there is a connection? I surely don't.

I walk everywhere I go so who knows maybe I'll get extra hours at work cause I'll be one of the only people who has the ability to walk a few miles..

We shall see.

So yea Chapel Hill running out of gas at a few stations.. I'll see if any local news is out. try to.

Sort of local Raleigh is 30 minutes east.

North Carolina stations run out of gas (WRAL news)

North Carolina is one of about five states in the southeast dealing with the shortage after the pipeline, which carries fuel from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast and supplies gasoline for an estimated 50 million people on the east coast, was shut down Sept. 9 after it spilled about 250,000 gallons.

It did escalate quickly. I'd always thought we didn't export "gasoline" because it is cheaper to move crude and refine in place, but OTOH I had heard that Iran - with the largest oil reserves on the planet - has to import gasoline.

The thing that strikes me is who-the-f# thought it was a good idea to have these SE states dependent on just one pipeline? I'm guessing terrorists are taking notes of all this.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

been told today that boone nc will run out of gas after today

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

speaking of coffee, happen to know just how long an unopened container of coffee will last? I have a couple and no one drinks coffee here anymore. too expensive to throw away and well, I'd use it to fertilize my garden area before I would throw it out. hear it also makes for a good wood stain also.

but you are saying the stuff would be like gold in a shtf scenerio, so was just wondering how long it stays good, what I have is probably over a year and a half old.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

To be honest, in terms of food I would probably be okay. I have bags of beans, rice, peas, etc. that could last me several weeks, and one of those small propane (some sort of gas?) canisters that are used for cooking when you camp. I also have one of those wilderness survival water filtration systems.

But in terms of gasoline, if SHTF and I needed to drive I could only get as far as whatever I have in my tank right now.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
on topic... it sounds like the stations in my area won't be getting anything but the most expensive grades of gas from the pipeline, the tanks are empty. we are now dependent on the gas that we can truck in. it will cost a little more but, it sounds like at least one gas station owner doesn't think we will run completely out. we'll see. I probably have enough food to last me till the end of the month and enough gas to make it over a week. but all bets are off after that.

www.wdbj7.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Just spoke with a few friends in Asheville. Confirmed...there is no gas and the 'talk of the town' is a question as to whether or not this is somehow connected to Obama soon residing there. There is a rumor (according to a friend of mine), that Obama and family will be moving there very soon. Not sure about the validity of this or whether or not it is common knowledge...just thought that it was worth mentioning.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrderOfIntent
Just spoke with a few friends in Asheville. Confirmed...there is no gas and the 'talk of the town' is a question as to whether or not this is somehow connected to Obama soon residing there. There is a rumor (according to a friend of mine), that Obama and family will be moving there very soon. Not sure about the validity of this or whether or not it is common knowledge...just thought that it was worth mentioning.

Dude now you're just messing with me!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrderOfIntent

So, the Illuminati wants the Obama family to move there and run out of gas? Or do they want the Obamas to get a Tesla? OMG this is all Elon Musk. It's all him. Him and his no gas cars.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I suppose that gas will jump up fifty cents a gallon here, even though it doesn't effect us at all. What a scam these things can be.

The price at the stations down the road in my neck of the mitt went up by something like a nickel since this "crisis" started. I don't think anyone really noticed, lol.

Panicky people won't help keep pricing reasonable, though. Which is a huge payoff, so totally expect price hikes in areas with less to go around, supply, demand & panic make big bucks. Which is still manipulative on multiple levels, because there's still plenty elsewhere, if we just shift some supply around via road & rail deliveries.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Maybe I'm a bit spoiled or waaaay overcharged but as a comparison
it is NORMAL for us up here in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
(which is 100 miles north of Seattle, Washington) to pay the equivalent
of $3.55 US a gallon. (or $1.24 CANADIAN a litre)

We get summer price spikes for regular gas sometimes
as high as $1.60 CAN a litre or $4.58 US a gallon for
regular gas (87 octane) and for some dumb reason
in this metro area of almost 3 million people it
just seems like a NORMAL THING with mostly
under-the-breath grumbling.

People just don't seem to care all that much here in Vancouver
about high gas prices. I am curious as to what would happen
in YOUR STATE or COUNTY if gas prices were $3.55 US a gallon
in winter to as high as $4.58 US a gallon in summer?

What do you think your state/county government would do?

or what would YOU do in such an environment
where such gas prices are considered "Normal"?

edit on 2016/9/19 by StargateSG7 because: sp

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join