It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Panic in Asheville, Western N.C. - All Stations Sold Out, Are You Prepared?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Ostensibly because of the Alabama gas pipeline break, there's been a gas panic here in Asheville. All stations are out of gas, starting yesterday (9/17) and continuing today with no end in sight. The governor has declared a state of emergency so that deliveries can be made, not sure what one has to do with the other (something about restrictions on deliveries?). Local news article:

LINK TO NEWS ARTICLE

So far there's been *zero* explanation of why a gas pipeline break in Alabama would result in stations running out in Asheville, N.C. or why a state of emergency had to be declared, but from watching the news it seems like no one has even bothered to ask. There was no announcement that there would be shortages, only that prices may increase. All of a sudden folks were lining up.

Interesting factoid: the same thing happened almost to the date eight years ago, right before a major election. Coincidence?

Link to that article: Same Thing Eight Years Ago

Makes you think: just an announcement that prices may rise results in a run on gas, that's all it takes to start a panic. Do you have your survival supplies laid up?
edit on 18-9-2016 by LanceCorvette because: Add notation about same thing eight years ago

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Somebody is creating a political crisis and will give the solution soon.

Be prepared to sacrifice.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LanceCorvette

a ruse from the commodity salesmen to increase demand.. I don't buy it for a second

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I suppose that gas will jump up fifty cents a gallon here, even though it doesn't effect us at all. What a scam these things can be.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
chances of this getting any airtime in the national cable MSM, people should realy work this on the social media platform and just see how facebook plays it. i'd like to see if the blanket it on social media.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
East of I95 here, and people are hoarding gasoline, with lots of stations already out and closed! Secondary effects equals grocery store shortages. Bummer too cause I am already out of milk.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Humans are such fools, it doesn't take much if anything to "heard" them around.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Does anyone know what caused the Alabama gas pipeline break?

My Partner works for BP in South Carolina on the boarder of North Carolina and told me last night that their station is about to run out, and they have no idea when trucks will be by to fuel the tanks again. In fact they closed their station early last night so they could have gas for the church goers for Sunday.

Why are Americans being punished by gas hikes because a multi million dollar company has some kind of accident.

Is the South only dependent to one gas pipeline? Why are there more pipelines just in case there is an accident?

What caused the accident in the first place?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Oh I absolutely agree. I mean ...take away a resource used by everybody, daily, and it's like they all be actin' a fool when that highly necessary resource is gone.

What jackaninnies, right?

High five, bro! The truly free and enlightened of us will just stay home and play Xbone.

edit on 18-9-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Mobius8

Which brings up a broader point: how can a pipeline break in just one pipeline result in an entire State running out of gas?

Don't get me wrong, I understand the factors: It's a weekend, probably no deliveries scheduled until Monday, and there's probably stores of it somewhere just waiting to be delivered.

But why the panic? And why Western N.C.? If they hadn't announced it, likely nobody would even have known and would have gassed up routinely, i.e., people wouldn't have felt the need to rush to "top off" their tanks. It may have resulted in a slight price increase but no one would have noticed.

I'm thinking, someone is trying to see what the minimum amount of information can be used to cause a panic.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Somebody is creating a political crisis and will give the solution soon.

Be prepared to sacrifice.

Like the Zika virus?

Do you even remember what that is??

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Everything is not political or a ruse .One of the major gas pipelines that runs from refineries in Houston , TX ruptured in Alabama . This pipeline primarily runs to the ports in Savannah , Ga . This is a major way that the southeast obtains its gas.
The Colonial Pipeline company is building a bypass pipeline . However , as stated on Friday , this is going to take over a week.
No miracle saves from politicians needed or is possible.

Wait it out , just like we did after what was it , Katrina ?

edit on 9/18/16 by Gothmog because: spell

edit on 9/18/16 by Gothmog because: add

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Obama's Energy Policy is working just a well as his Health Care Plan.

link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Oh I absolutely agree. I mean ...take away a resource used by everybody, daily, and it's like they all be actin' a fool when that highly necessary resource is gone.

What jackaninnies, right?

High five, bro!

Nothing was "taken away",. Also, this may come as a shock, but being able to drive around hundreds of miles a day is not a necessity for survival, most people are acting on nothing more than unnecessary fear and have actually created the scenario.

link   
a reply to: Informer1958

" What caused the accident in the first place? "

Could be another whole topic, but personally I find it very coincidental this happening right when pipelines are in the news that is, the South Dakota / Indian thing. My instinct says sabotage to prove how "unsafe" pipelines are.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

My instinct says sabotage to prove how "unsafe" pipelines are.

This would not surprise me.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
It's also possible it is just an incident to bump crude back up. Even with the recent report of a huge decrease in crude oil stocks (stocks as in stockpile), the resulting spike in crude was very shortlived and actually fell back below its pre report amount.

It seems oil "events" are frequent and timely, this may be nothing more than that. If crude shoots up 3 percent or more monday morning, then I'd say that was the obvious goal of this incident.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I see you trying to imply a conspiracy but what would be the goal? Asheville is very liberal. North Carolina traditionally votes Right. What seems more likely is that Asheville is a decent sized city with pretty much only two roads leading in to it. In other words it's not exactly easy for trucks to get there. If there's already a gas shortage then it's not going to be easy to supply all the gas stations in town.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Now dont go flagging this everyone or it'll get on the front page and then there will be war in the streets tomorrow night.

edit on 18-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Sabotage, or another reason to claim we NEED more pipelines for supply and demand. To me it is just more proof that we are still so dependent on an unsustainable resource. Sigh

Alabama pipeline leak: What we know so far about the spill, gas shortages and more

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join