It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flash games

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
hi i was wondering if we could have flash games on the site i know the team has a heavy workload but i think that it would attract more people

what do you guys think?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
NOTE:i do know we have little games like guess the patter and things im thinking of alien shoot em ups and things

hey maybe we could have a game for each forum like in religion you could play god and smite people

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I can’t remember who recently asked this question but I believe SO said it wasn’t going to happen.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I doubt you will see it here, there is enough for the server to handle as-is without hosting flash games. There are plenty of other places online to find such things.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Yeah, someone just mentioned it, just look for old posts named "a question" or something. games add a huge amount of load on the server, uneccessary load that would just bring us down. down, like, no avatars, sigs, pix, smilies, etc.

as was said, plenty of other sites devoted to games. feel free.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
yeh thanks for the replies guys i dont play flash games that much on the internet i just thought it would attact more people

i think i said this befor but would'nt it be cool to have ats t-shirts
i would wear mine with pride and the moderators could get some money out of it not only that we could have competitions on the best graphics to go onto them

in fact lets turn this into a poll please say yes or no with reason for or against

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
ATS t-shirts would be cool, i'd buy one

How about mugs or fridge magnets

If there were flash games ATS may become full of people who are only interested in the games and not actually participating to the community & discussion. And like para said "There are plenty of other places online to find such things."

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
no games are a bad idea.

1. It would hog server space.
2. People come here to talk about conspiracys, politics, current events etc not to play games.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
ok uk wizzard what are your views on the t-shirts i know it sounds cheesy but hey i think it would be helpfull to this place even get more members

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
store.99dogs.com...
No coffee mugs yet but there are shirts for $17.58.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
FYI on the Flash Games, (I am a developer) The majority of all flash games are small in size (if Bandwidth is the issue) They wouldnt be able to handle graphics if they couldnt handle flash. The Game it self runs on the Client Machine and is Cached there ( you have to manually clear your cache to get rid of it for the first few days afte the DL , so it wouldnt even download for the server again on the same day in most cases), unlike most pictures which do DL everytime, unless told by either the client to use the cache or by the server to cache the image.

Now , the reason of We just dont feel like doing it, make more sense. Since Development time is an issue.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I can’t remember who recently asked this question but I believe SO said it wasn’t going to happen.

i think that was me and i take all the credit

i am all for the games idea BTW...

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by klain
ok uk wizzard what are your views on the t-shirts i know it sounds cheesy but hey i think it would be helpfull to this place even get more members

i'd buy one
but the other ones that were avaiable in the past were meant to be low quality or something.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
ah kool can we get some moderators on this see what they think?
come on what harm could they do?

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by para
store.99dogs.com...
No coffee mugs yet but there are shirts for $17.58.

Order at your own peril.
We're not advertising that as "official" t-shirts due to quality issues.
I ordered one, and after 3 or 4 washings the logo all but faded away.
Merchandise is a possibility for the future, but we're more concerned about getting the server set up and coding issues handled and things like that. Perhaps down the line we can jump-start the t-shirt thing again.

Games.... it's come up before. The strain on our new server would be pretty intense and would take away from people who want to discuss things on the forum. Then you run into the issue of coding and security and all that good stuff.
Wouldn't you rather we dedicate server power to .... speedy load-times on the forum?

Sorry. Just wouldn't work out.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
fair enough on the games i will enjoy the wait to see if any merchandise will be releases.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
You don't need to wash your t-shirt. You can just keep wearing it and like spray deodorant on it...

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
You don't need to wash your t-shirt. You can just keep wearing it and like spray deodorant on it...

the wisdom of cpr12r :shk:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

Originally posted by cpr12r

the wisdom of cpr12r :shk:

Necessity is the mother of all invention.

new topics

top topics

join