It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another unusual (for me) dream - quake this time.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Alright, here we go again. Had another dream, of a sort I just don't tend to have. This one, the family was all there, and there was something happening. Some thought it was a storm, or an accident, or something of the sort, but the ground was shaking, and there was an odd noise. Shaking not hard, mind you, but enough to notice, even while moving around, and I commented that it felt seismic to me. The sound, I'd forgotten till typing here, and I can't really describe it. Lower pitch, I believe, but not like traffic noise or anything of that sort. Not loud, either, but it was there. Prediction? I don't know, and won't say it is. Again, posting "just in case".

Only dream I can recall that did seem predictive was about my grandmother. Dreamed she and I were in their house, and there was a weird fog everywhere. A grey hooded figure (yes, grey, not black) came between us, and she started moving away, and I woke up screaming. I don't know exactly when I had the dream, but she died when I was in the first grade, so it couldn't have been too long before, or I wouldn't likely recall it.

So, predictive dreams aren't a normal thing for me, and this was a weird dream. So, there it is. No idea, for the record, where we were.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

What`s your 20? Did you notice the weather at the time?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Perhaps it's just me, but "predictive" dreams seem to have a certain "feel" to them; very different from ordinary dreams, that are usually just a rehash of prior events, and "allegorical" dreams that are the subconscious speaking to us.

For me, I can always tell when a predictive dream will become a Deja Vu later on.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Again, posting "just in case".

so no date, time or place.....I see, hmmm.

oh well, just another day on ATS

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

edit on 18-9-2016 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I have never really had a "predictive dream."

However, when I was in high school and a deep sleeper, I remember I had dreamed I was trying to stand on the ground, in my front yard and I couldn't because the ground was shaking and moving til I fell on the ground. I remember seeing the tall pines moving oddly and feeling really confused; after all this was Atlanta.

When I woke up the next morning, it was all over the news that Georgia had experienced tremors, very unusual, during the night. I was in shock. No one I know even woke up during the night-few said they felt anything.

It was a very freaky feeling. Because of my family's response when I told them-they did not believe me-I have mostly kept it to myself for most of my life. Thought I must be really wierd or something was off with me.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonlover12

Middle of the country, and really nice weather, mostly clear, cooler, nothing unusual for this time of year. The boys think it's because they felt that one recently, maybe Oklahoma?, but I didn't dream about them before, when I felt a small shake from one. Dream was this morning sometime, and cooler, like high sixties to low seventies, I think, around that time. Totally normal, though. Animals, ours, anyway, not acting weird.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

Perhaps it's just me, but "predictive" dreams seem to have a certain "feel" to them; very different from ordinary dreams, that are usually just a rehash of prior events, and "allegorical" dreams that are the subconscious speaking to us.

For me, I can always tell when a predictive dream will become a Deja Vu later on.

Maybe so. Most of my dreams are pretty weird, very surreal, with odd buildings, and all sorts of various things that are not normal to waking life. This one was very "normal" in feel, other than the quake. When a dream seems more like life, I always wonder why!

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Again, posting "just in case".

so no date, time or place.....I see, hmmm.

oh well, just another day on ATS

This morning sometime (I sleep late in weekends), place won't be stated, because I don't share that online, and I don't know where, in the dream, we were. Literally, no idea. Could just be a dream, as I stated. Time will tell.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Oh, wow, sounds like your mind translated the shaking into your dream, with amazing accuracy!! Haven't thought about checking for a quake today......perhaps I should! The one the boys felt, I didn't notice at all; sound asleep!

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Thank you for the details. It can help narrow down time and location if it is a "prediction" type dream.

All of the details can be important to take note of.

Lets hope it was just a "stranger than normal" dream... seems like everyone I know is having those lately.

In any case, I`m sure you are "prepped" for a quake, just in case. It never hurts, and could be really important.

Take care, and if you remember any other details please let us know.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonlover12

Let's hope! Not in a quake zone where we live, as far as that goes, and this was more like feeling one elsewhere, but I don't want to see that, either! Something that could shake us that much, enough to notice, wouldn't be good for wherever it hit.

As for prep, not much to do for that where we live. On some pretty solid rock, at least, as far as that goes.

The sound, the more I think on it, is the weird part. Sort of like those videos people were posting for a while, but not exactly. Easily just residual stuff, though, bouncing around in my head.

new topics

top topics

join