It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a multi-quote functionality?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Is there a way to do multi-quote replies and I am just not aware of it? On another site I frequent, you hit a multi-quote button for all the posters you want to respond to and then you hit a post button and it brings up all the quotes for you to reply to one at a time. I haven't figured out how to do this here if it is possible, as it stands right now, it is just very time consuming to try to reply to everyone individually, when pressed for time at least.
edit on 9-18-2016 by searcherfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Not that I am aware of.

I usually have 2 tabs of ats open and just C&P between the two.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I wish there was one! Before the redesign, you could hit "reply" in an new tab, and copy and paste, at least, into one response, for several short comments. Used to do that, to avoid several in a row, when responding to multiple comments in one thread. Very handy. These days, no way to easily do it, and I miss that! I can understand a desire to keep posts from being too long, and concerns about clipping the quotes down, but it would be a nice feature! Perhaps one can be added?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Maybe they will listen to a veteran like yourself, me they will just kick to the curb for suggesting it!

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Not simply.I sometimes use the [more]

tag to separate.

But you still have to manually insert the "reply to" tag.

edit on 9/18/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Ah, you never know! Making it work well could be the issue. We can hope! I really hate having to have several posts, from me, in a row, in my own thread, just to respond to everyone. Even the new tab was better than it is now.

Now and then, I have opened a notepad, copied the quote text in from several responses, and then pasted that all in, but that is so tedious! The new tab was good for another reason, as well. In a large thread, you could open it to respond to a post on a page somewhere in the middle, without losing you place, and having to page back after responding. Guessing there was some functional issue or another with that, and hence the change.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
IMO It was easier to multi quote people before the board change. Same issue however; If you are to copy and paste each I don't think the person you are replying to you receives the notice of the reply just the one whose reply box you used.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Here is a screen shot of how it works on the other site, I still don't know if any of you will actually get a alert, but wth!

originally posted by: stosh64

Not that I am aware of.

I usually have 2 tabs of ats open and just C&P between the two.

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I wish there was one! Before the redesign, you could hit "reply" in an new tab, and copy and paste, at least, into one response, for several short comments. Used to do that, to avoid several in a row, when responding to multiple comments in one thread. Very handy. These days, no way to easily do it, and I miss that! I can understand a desire to keep posts from being too long, and concerns about clipping the quotes down, but it would be a nice feature! Perhaps one can be added?

originally posted by: Phage
Not simply.I sometimes use the [more]

tag to separate.

But you still have to manually insert the "reply to" tag.

originally posted by: dreamingawake
IMO It was easier to multi quote people before the board change. Same issue however; If you are to copy and paste each I don't think the person you are replying to you receives the notice of the reply just the one whose reply box you used.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Sure would make things easier rather than having to double screen and drag.

top topics

join