It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Bomb Squad Investigating Suspicious Package at Football Stadium Trolley

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
They have a bomb squad put right now checking out a 'suspicious device'. The device is at the trolley line that goes to the Qualcomm Stadium where there is a football game happening right now.

Thousands of people use the line after games. The fact that it's being called a 'device' is troubling imo. And the location adds to that.

Of course, I'm sure the nation is on high alert after the bombings and stabbing. There was another scare in Seattle today after a backpack was left by a police station.

Right now, they have evacuated and sealed the area while checking this device.

News Source

San Diego police confirmed they were investigating a suspicious device found at Qualcomm Stadium trolley station. They were called just after 2:30 p.m.

San Diego Metropolitan Transit System halted their service through the Mission Valley area to allow officers to investigate. People needing the trolley service were being placed on buses.

It was unknown if trolley service would return to service by the end of the Chargers – Jaguars game.

The game was expected to end around 4 p.m. Thousands of fans rely on the trolley to get to and from the stadium.

Edit: Looks like a K-9 unit was the one that sniffed out the package.

CBS

Police have told CBS News 8 that a K-9 unit alerted them to the package. Officers are currently investigating the situation.

Ghost
edit on 18-9-2016 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Not real smart messing with football.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I really hope it turns out to be nothing but it seems like it's going to be a logistical nightmare in San Diego whether it's real or not.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

This is too much. Maybe because Hillary is losing TPTB needs excuses to declare state of emergency and suspend elections?
edit on 18-9-2016 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

This is too much. Maybe because Hillary is losing TPTB needs excuses to declare state of emergency and suspend elections?

Yes, because the election is totally going to be suspended because of a package near a football stadium.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: Trueman

Yes, because the election is totally going to be suspended because of a package near a football stadium.

I can't believe you didn't understand my post. I believe you like Hillary and you don't like Trump.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

They updated your source, turns out it was a false alarm.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I really hope it turns out to be nothing but it seems like it's going to be a logistical nightmare in San Diego whether it's real or not.

Correct.
One aim of terror attacks is to put fear into a lot of people.
They are having success in this respect, as every errant package or misplaced piece of luggage becomes something very dangerous.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I'll agree, one suspicious package isn't going to suspend the elections, however, it's becoming all too common that every time Hillary has some sort of issue--email scandal, medical emergency--there is always something that happens to divert our attention from her.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Been thinking the three so far are just the start. Gonna be a lot of news in the coming days and weeks, I believe. Just a feeling, but had that around Tuesday, and said there would be more big news coming soon.

top topics

join