It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exxon mobile being abandoned by the Rockefeller family.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Descendants of John D. Rockefeller sold their Exxon Mobil Corp. stock and plan to dump all other fossil-fuel investments in the latest move against the industry that made their fortune.

This is more of a question, and an observation.

I have been leaning towards investing some spare cash I have, I bought out all my debts about 6 months ago, and it's quite amazing and liberating that I 'own' everything to my name, except my apartment - rent obviously.
I have been looking into the potash and lithium industry. I build rail freight cars, and this year alone we have completed orders that were in the works since 2011, well over 2300 rolling stock was let out of our yard. Which prompted me to think into investing in that industry.
While doing some research, I noticed that the descendants of the man himself Mr. J.D. Rockefeller are selling off billions of dollars in assets to 'keep up' with the government(s) of the world in climate change.

The Rockefeller Family Fund concluded there’s “no sane rationale” for companies to explore for oil as governments contemplate cracking down on carbon emissions, according to a statement on the website of the New York-based philanthropic foundation Wednesday.

The family has been philanthropists since J.D and his snake oil seller father was in business, but they will never make deals unless they get he upper hand of said deal. This alarms me a little.

And to make it a little more suspicious, they are investing into Clean energy

Which leads me here. To ask a question to all the well read finance members, and those who know or play the market.
Is this a good time to invest into smaller company's that will be manufacturing parts for Toyota, Tesla, and the corner of the mining market that is involved in what batteries require to be made.

What are your thoughts?

Sources:

www.bloomberg.com...

www.bbc.com...
edit on 18-9-2016 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Wasn't that lucky of them to dump their stock before the bottom fell out of oil .They said it was of climate change but that is BS imo . Notice also that there seems to be a witch hunt against the oil industry as if they were hiding the fact that they knew about climate change .Well as it is looking like there is a conspiracy going on to sue the pants off them but there is some crazy moves by some AG that may be part of the process to crash the oil and gas even more leaving worth pennies on the dollar . My guess is that once completed they would swoop back in to buy the stock back .

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Another surprising coincidence is the US now allowing victims of 9/11 to now sue Saudi Arabia.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9/18/2016 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
To ask a question to all the well read finance members, and those who know or play the market. Is this a good time to invest into smaller company's that will be manufacturing parts for Toyota, Tesla, and the corner of the mining market that is involved in what batteries require to be made.

What are your thoughts?

Sources:

www.bloomberg.com...

www.bbc.com...

My thoughts are that these articles are 6 months and 2 years old, respectively. Any ripple effect from these actions has happened 6 months ago and 2 years ago, respectively.

Having said that, you are basically just asking for someone's recommendation for a good investment. And to that I say, do some homework and learn about investing instead of trusting unknown members of an alternative news site.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: scojak

You are right. These articles are 'old' in terms of how the market works.

But did you read the part where my company fulfilled all orders for potash transport this year, all at once?
And these orders were in the works since 2011.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
find out what the rockefellers are buying and buy that stock, my guess is that they bought an energy patent years ago that they have been sitting on and now they are buying stocks in the company that they will release the patent too.
in other words, it`s all rigged.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

2011 was an interesting year for potash. Potash stock had spiked very dramatically in '08 and then dropped significantly. It slowly rebounded and and almost reached the numbers of '08 until it peaked in '11 and has steadily declined for the last 5 years.

From this I would say that the order you received in '11 was due to the fact that potash seemed like a safe bet. It had spiked, dropped and then slowly crept back toward the high. This could have meant that the highs it reached represented a somewhat stable price, but unfortunately it did not, and it hasn't been able to hold a price anywhere near those highs. It has steadily fallen for the last 5 years.

On the bright side, it is currently sitting near the low it plummeted to after '08. It could be a good time to invest in that it's unlikely to go much lower. However barring some new use for potash, it will most likely not see a severe upward trend. It will most likely take a year or two before you see any significant gains.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Not relevant to your question but a little background information.

Here's a graph showing the rise in oil prices following 9/11.

The WTC towers were called David and Nelson after the men behind the project.

. . . at the urging of the Rockefeller brothers, the Port Authority agreed to build the World Trade Center. In the 1970s, critics suggested the towers No. 1 and No. 2 be called by their true names, David and Nelson.
www.salon.com...

They made some profit.

. . . the highest profits ever recorded by any company, with net income rising 3 percent to $40.6 billion, thanks to surging oil prices.
www.nytimes.com...

The highest profit ever recorded was their motive for building those two bombs, filling them with their competitors, then blowing them up.

new topics

top topics

join