It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RNC Chairman: Party could penalize former GOP candidates who don't endorse Donald Trump

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Who can take any 'endorsements' that come as a result of threats seriously, anyway?

The entire premise of that stems from a pledge that the candidates took on stage at one of the debates back in 2015.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Their party. Their rules.

But what are those rules concerning "defection." Are they threatening to change them after the fact?

Like I said, there could be some interesting lawsuits.

There's nothing to change. They have rules that say if you run and lose in the primary, you must support the one what beat ya. If you don't, and run again, the party will withhold monetary support from your campaign. They know this. There would be nothing to sue about.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

If you don't, and run again, the party will withhold monetary support from your campaign.

That was my point.
Is that in the rules? Are punitive actions specified? Or is it "You better, or you'll be sorry."
Because if that's all it is you can bet there will be suits if that sort of action is taken.

edit on 9/18/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
I'm sure that if you are really interested there exists somewhere in cyberspace a copy of the pledge. Please keep us informed on your research in that area.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
What's good for the DNC is good for the GOp.

That is why I have been independent/unaffiliated.

I am also not affiliated with a party and I agree 100% with you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join