It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sad State of Louisiana: The Red Cross

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Folx,

I kept hearing how the Red Cross is doing so much for Louisiana people who were displaced by the flood.

Well... Take a look at this

Man... If this link doesn't *&^% you off, I'd really like to know what pushes your buttons. Apparently the Red Cross has been saying that they've been putting people up in hotels and wherever possible to get them out of the elements but it doesn't look like it's true. Lets take a closer look at the real situation these people are placed in. This linked video says it ALL.

Video

And this... This right here!

I don't have much time to document what's said here but in general, the Red Cross stopped a police officer from saying a prayer for the people because it "might upset non-Christians".

You know, I don't think I need to say anything more after those 2 videos. I'll just stop and breathe a bit.

Remember, when you're sitting at home with a full plate of food and a large drink, tonight... Appreciate what you have and raise a glass to those people around the world who are without.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

wtf is the cross for then?! I swear, this is why I have blacklisted them from receiving money from anyone in my family.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Our private school coalition is affiliated with another Classical Academy down in Baton Rouge. That school has been working overtime to help some of its families who have been affected by this. The wider network has been doing what we can to pull together and help. The descriptions of what some of their families are going through is bad - flooded out cars, homes having to be gutted, all furniture lost, etc. Keep in mind that these are voucher students in Louisiana so it's not like they are middle class to afford a private school tuition on their own like they would be in many areas of the country to even have those resources to have to help them.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

i don't think the red cross has any legal authority to stop or tell anyone what to do. ie they are not a law enforcement agency
it is volunteer organization. staffed and run by volunteers, and very few full time employees. their only job during a disaster is to assist victims.
en.wikipedia.org...

Each year, the American Red Cross responds to more than 70,000 disasters, including house or apartment fires (the majority of disaster responses), hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, tornadoes, hazardous materials spills, transportation accidents, explosions, and other natural and man-made disasters.
Although the American Red Cross is not a government agency, its authority to provide disaster relief was formalized when, in 1905, the Red Cross was granted a congressional charter to "carry on a system of national and international relief in time of peace and apply the same in mitigating the sufferings caused by pestilence, famine, fire, floods, and other great national calamities, and to devise and carry on measures for preventing the same." The Charter is not only a grant of power, but also an imposition of duties and obligations to the nation, to disaster victims, and to the people who support its work with their donations.
American Red Cross disaster relief focuses on meeting people's immediate emergency disaster-caused needs. When a disaster threatens or strikes, the Red Cross provides shelter, food, and health and mental health services (Psychological First Aid) to address basic human needs. In addition to these services, the core of Red Cross disaster relief is the assistance given to individuals and families affected by disaster to enable them to resume their normal daily activities independently. The organization also provides translation and interpretation to those affected when necessary, and maintains a database of multilingual volunteers to enable this.[20]
Disaster services

as far as praying, they have no authority to stop any one from doing so. if i was the cop i would have told them to piss up a burning rope, and people that don't believe don't have to listen or participate in said prayers.

as far as shelters, i got no idea who handles the money, or how it is distributed. so i can't call bs yet. for all we know they were told that they had to shut down the shelter, or they ran out if money. not enough info to bitch about that yet.
edit on 18-9-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Sep 18 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on 18-9-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

wtf is the cross for then?! I swear, this is why I have blacklisted them from receiving money from anyone in my family.

saint george, the turkish dragon slayer.
its not tied to any religious groups.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This is why soon as I can get myself healthy again I'm going to start focusing on making a difference in the world, even if for only a few people, by my actions. It's gotten to the point only actions matter as charity's have turned into giant scams.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Here we have a good man doing something loving, kind and thoughtful and people are offended? There is seriously something wrong here! If someone wanted tp pray for me and those prayers were from a loving source, no matter what religion, path or belief they put their faith in, I would accept that love and compassion. What kind of person would be offended by such a thing? If they don't believe in prayer, then don't pray. If they don't believe in God or higher power, then fine, but why stop other human beings from being loving, caring individuals?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Exactly. I'm agnostic, effectively atheist for organized religion, but I don't get offended when people pray for my well being.

Unless it's that patronizing praying I find their faith crap. That I don't like.

But praying my situation improves, or for the well being of a loved one. That I will never turn down.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The Red Cross really sucks. I do not donate to the Red Cross, only 9 cents for every dollar donated actually goes to victims, the other money goes into their pockets. The Red Cross raised a ton of money for victims of the flood. We donated items directly TO the people. The Red Cross is a joke.

It did not flood here, but I have family who lives where it did flood. I know people are still suffering. I don't understand why a man saying a prayer for someone would offend anyone. I was raised Catholic, but now I don't believe, I don't get offended tho when someone says they'll say a prayer for me or my loved ones.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The red cross brought food, water and dry cloths to me, my people, and anyone who needed help.
I have no idea why anyone would fault them for anything.

top topics

join