It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson on 60 minutes/CBS today at 7:30 PM EST/ 7:00 PM PT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Steve Kroft interviews Gary Johnson and his running mate, Bill Weld, the Libertarian candidates taking on the two-party system with many ideas outside the political mainstream. Kroft reports on Sunday, Sept. 18 at 7:30 p.m. ET and 7 p.m. PT.

www.cbsnews.com...

Gary needs as much exposure as possible. The Aleppo gaffe actually helped his polling numbers. The media pounced on him and inadvertently promoted him in the process. Most people didn't know who GJ was before the gaffe nor did they know where Aleppo was.
60 minutes after football is excellent for his exposure.
edit on 18-9-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: changed text

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

As long as nobody says "illegal immigrants" he should be cool...

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hope they don't ask him about Aleppo again.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I appreciate your commitment to Johnson and more importantly IMHO, the Libertarian Party.

I dislike both Trump and Hillary.

More importantly, I live in a Blue state, so Hillary is going to get our electoral votes regardless.

Although Johnson is not a good representative of Libertarian principles, hes got my vote for those two reasons.

a reply to: ugmold

Johnson and more importantly, Libertarians, are non-interventionists.

I'm not disappointed with his response to Aleppo.

We need to stop worrying about foreign cities and focus on our own.

edit on 18-9-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Hopefully we can get 5% of the vote so that we can break that minor party frame that the Republicrats put on us.
edit on 18-9-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: changed text

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Did somone finally tell him people were actually hurt during the terror attacks?

The moron actually said he was "grateful nobody got hurt" in the NY bombings and Minnesota mass stabbing islamic terror attacks during a CNN interview earlier today.

7 people were brutally stabbed in MN and 29 were injured in NY.

edit on 18-9-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The media is attacking Gary Johnson because he's pretty much helping Trump and hurting Hillary.
Go to realpolitics website and check the polls. Compare the 4 way polls to the 2 way polls.

Hillary has votes drawn away by both GJ and Jill Stein. Trump loses votes to Gary but only slightly.
Now they are trying to attack Johnson to recover votes what they lost.
They caught on to our game. lol

MSM figured out GJ wasn't drawing votes from Trump like Perot was drawing from Bush. Whoops.
Hahahaha!

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Yes, the only good thing about Johnson is that he's taking votes from Hillary. Aside from that, he's a buffoon.

His ideal Mex border is cars going 80 MPH as they pass each other in both directions. That's not only insane, he's openly campaigning for the end of America. Literally. No borders equals no country.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

His ideal Mex border is cars going 80 MPH as they pass each other in both directions.

False.

It's 60 mph.
www.ontheissues.org...

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Yes, the only good thing about Johnson is that he's taking votes from Hillary. Aside from that, he's a buffoon.

His ideal Mex border is cars going 80 MPH as they pass each other in both directions. That's not only insane, he's openly campaigning for the end of America. Literally. No borders equals no country.

Do you won't vote for Johnson over "open borders" but will vote for Trump that advocates South Korea and Japan develop nuclear weapons.

www.cnn.com...

That can start WW3 but man those open borders.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

One was said in the context of Japan and Korea being able to defend themselves without reliance and dependence on us. Makes sense with the proximity to North Korea/Russia.

The other literally, by definition, ends this country as it exists today. There is no country with open borders. Not unless we inherit all of Mexico.

edit on 19-9-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

One was said in the context of Japan and Korea being able to defend themselves without reliance and dependence on us. Makes sense with the proximity to North Korea/Russia.
One can cause WWIII. South Korea and Japan are US allies. They are right next to both China and Russia. Billions of people could die and the surface of the earth would be irradiated for thousands of years.
The other literally, by definition, ends this country as it exists today. There is no country with open borders. Not unless we inherit all of Mexico.
I thought GJ is for work visas with a SS number and removal of quotas?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

I couldn't get the cbs link to work. I found a youtube of it, so I thought I'd post it in here in case anyone else had the same problem.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 21-9-2016 by TheBadCabbie because: space

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Poor old Gary, still desperately begging for relevance.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
twitter.com...

USA Today: "There have been reports that your running mate, former governor Weld, is less sanguine about the prospect of a Trump presidency than you are, and would if push came to shove at the end of the campaign possibly endorse Secretary Clinton. Is that true?"

Gary Johnson: "That is B------"
edit on 21-9-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: language

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I thought he did a good save on the Aleppo thing. I liked how thoroughly he owned it. I thought he should've used it to segway into a frank nutshell of Libertarian platform foreign policy positions(which would've explained why he was fairly ignorant of the dealings in Aleppo), but I thought he did well either way.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

Yeah, he should have showed up riding on a Segway hoverboard. That would have been awesome.

Oh, you meant segue?

edit on 9/22/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Did somone finally tell him people were actually hurt during the terror attacks?

The moron actually said he was "grateful nobody got hurt" in the NY bombings and Minnesota mass stabbing islamic terror attacks during a CNN interview earlier today.

7 people were brutally stabbed in MN and 29 were injured in NY.

Uh-oh...well I guess that's another one he can own. At least he'll probably be a good sport about it and actually admit his mistakes. It's kind of refreshing.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes yes of course, thank you for the correction.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

a reply to: MysticPearl

Regarding immigration, I don't think it would be the end of America that others do. First off I don't think congress is going to let him just open the floodgates or anything. He'll be relaxed on border security...we're relaxed on border security right now. I don't see how reforms that make it easier for some of the same people that would be coming here illegally from desperation to come here legally instead will make our problem worse. If anything, these reforms should make it more manageable.

Factor in a repeal of the income tax(including the corporate tax) and replace it with a consumption tax and see if we don't have businesses repatriating overnight. This would create a lot of new jobs while reducing government expenditure. No government expenditure would be required to create all of these new jobs. Losing jobs to immigrants would quickly become a non-issue if these reforms could be instituted, in my opinion.

As to the national security side of things, we've got lots of people coming in undocumented right now. Johnson seems to be aiming at providing a means of documenting them, so I think this actually has the potential to help national security in that regard.

Legal immigration is a pretty screwed up process right now from what I've learned of it, at least that's what I hear from people I know who have to deal with the INS. I must admit to ignorance of the finer points of the misery of having to deal with the INS, but perhaps someone will see this conversation and jump in to enlighten us. Anyhow, it does seem as though there is room for improvement of the process, at least according to some people.

Also Libertarians would likely remove some of the incentives for illegal immigration through reform of social welfare programs.

top topics

join