It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Stopped Beleiving In Witches, When's The Bibles Turn?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
What's up with the cursing? It takes a small minded fool to curse like that over an argruement. Think about it next time you get to cursing. I am stating opinions and am not cursing, so knock it off.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Here's a few more things to ponder on

Yhovah declared that man had reached a level so close to the level of the Elohiym that he must be prevented from becoming an eternal being:
Genesis 3:22. And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

The word religion appears only 4 times in the Bible, three of those times in direct reference to the religion of the Jews. The one time it refers to religion in general is in this verse:

James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

How come there is NO mention one way or another concerning lesbianism in the Bible?

God DID NOT SAY he was the only god! God said:

JEWISH:
I am the Lord your G-d who has taken you out of the land of Egypt.
CATHOLIC:
I, the Lord, am your God. You shall not have other gods besides me.
PROTESTANT:
You shall have no other gods but me.
The message in all three versions is...do not put any other Gods BEFORE me...NOT that he is the only one!

Did you know there are three different versions of the 10 commandments?

[edit on 1/23/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
"Hell" is kind of a minor word though ,is it not? I could understand if he was saying harsher language, F___, S____, B____, etc. etc.

I would think "Hell" and "Damn" are fine? But If it bothers someone then it should be kept to a bare bare minimum.

Always good posts LadyV

[edit on 23-1-2005 by _BLiND_]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
You need to read Leviticus 20:13, and in the New Testament, Romans 1:26 and 27. Both very clear on homosexuality and Lesbianism.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
" we have been tought since kindergarten that our country was formed to get away from the Roman Catholic Church and still worship GOD. Get it straight "

1) what Kindegarten did you attend? This Nation was formed to get away from the Roman Catholic church? your confusing disparate issues together, none of which are correct.

2) the state cannot by definition of the US Constitution teach you to worship God, Period.

You need to research issues for your own understanding and Knowledge, your own foundation of what you believe and why. Nobody can take away your faith, nobody can corrupt your beliefs if you understand them instead of assuming them.

Questioning your faith is not weakness, it is strength. Jesus commands us not to believe anyone, but to search the truth ourselves. God knew Man would corrupt spiritual teachings, corrupt the Bible, and hijack what was intended for Humanity.

Dont limit the group of people you learn from. It was Muslims that brought Europe kicking and screaming into the modern Era, out of the darkness and ignorance of the middle ages. Muslum scientists brought innoculations, medicine, astronomy, geometry, mathematics, science and hygiene to Europe. Learn from History, so you dont repeat the same mistakes.

link   
Did you know that the Romans actually promoted Homosexuality in there Army? With no woman being in the army, the men would naturally get attracted to each other, and you fight your hardest when you fight with a loved one.

Maybe Jesus knew this and thought it was wrong? so he started his own religion.

link   

Originally posted by deesw
You need to read Leviticus 20:13, and in the New Testament, Romans 1:26 and 27. Both very clear on homosexuality and Lesbianism.

No mention of woman here

ESV: (English Standard Version): "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."
KJV: (King James Version): "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."
LB: (Living Bible): "The penalty for homosexual acts is death to both parties. They have brought it upon themselves."
Net Bible: "If a man has sexual intercourse with a male as one has sexual intercourse with a woman, the two of them have committed an abomination. They must be put to death; their blood guilt is on themselves." 1
NIV: (New International Version) "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."
NLT: (New Living Translation): "The penalty for homosexual acts is death to both parties. They have committed a detestable act, and are guilty of a capital offense."
RSV: (Revised Standard Version): "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them."

Romans 1:26-27 (King James Version)
   26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:   
   27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meetRomans

1:26 and 27, at first glance, appears to condemn gay and lesbian activity. Paul criticizes sexual activity which is against a person's nature or disposition. But in Greek society of the time, homosexuality and bisexuality was regarded as a natural activity for some people. Thus Paul might have been criticizing heterosexuals who were engaged in homosexual activities against their nature. He might not be referring to homosexuals or bisexuals at all.The verses preceding 26 might indicate that he was referring to sexual acts associated with idol worship. The verse is too vague to be interpreted as a blanket prohibition of all same-sex activities

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
No mention of woman here

The Bible(God) does say that lesbianism is shameful lust. There is another passage that deals with this, I will do some digging. Here’s this one for now.

Romans 1:26-27

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
EDITED OUT

Wait...maybe not.....gotta look at something

[edit on 1/23/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It was the NIV though the KJV says basically the same.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I've been looking around too...other than that one verse, wchi only says it is not natural...I haven't seen any verses that prohibit lesbianism. Why? Why so much on male and not female? Gonna look some more...

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I could swear that there is another passage dealing with this. I could be wrong though. The bible doesn’t use the word lesbian it uses homosexual. As you know homosexual is a general term for a person who is sexually attracted to persons of the same sex or engages in sexual acts with people of the same sex. This word applies to both male and female. Knowing this you cannot exclude women from the many passages dealing with homosexuality.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Maybe there is soo much more on the male side of homosexuality because with a man, if he has sex with a woman, the "spilling" of his seed, really isn't a big deal. . But when there is two men, that is double spilling of useless seed. so. ?

Just my thoughts, I am not that well educated in the bible. I know alot, but I could know alot more.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I've been digging around a bit. Strictly speaking, the Bible nowhere condemns homosexuality *as a sexual orientation*. The concept of 'sexual orientation' does not appear in the Bible...... the idea is only about a century old, the word 'homosexuality' was not even coined/used until the 19th century or so I think....no such word existed in the Greek in which the New Testament was written. Certain Biblical passages do condemn "particular homosexual" acts and from what I can tell, correct me if I'm wrong, Jesus did not speak about homosexuality in the Bible. Apostle Paul spoke about it and condemned it as a sin.

This is interesting
www.rtis.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

God DID NOT SAY he was the only god! God said:

JEWISH:
I am the Lord your G-d who has taken you out of the land of Egypt.
CATHOLIC:
I, the Lord, am your God. You shall not have other gods besides me.
PROTESTANT:
You shall have no other gods but me.
The message in all three versions is...do not put any other Gods BEFORE me...NOT that he is the only one!

I apologize for not attempting to read this whole thread. I just saw this and wanted to adress it. God's commandment to not worship other gods does not imply that there are in fact other gods. God saw people worshiping gods of their own invention, gods that were not real, and commanded against such practices.

"You were shown these things so that you might know that the LORD is God; besides him there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:35

"This is what the LORD says-
Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty:

I am the first and I am the last;

apart from me there is no God.

Who then is like me? Let him proclaim it.

Let him declare and lay out before me

what has happened since I established my ancient people,

and what is yet to come-

yes, let him foretell what will come.

Do not tremble, do not be afraid.

Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago?

You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me?

No, there is no other Rock; I know not one." Isaiah 44"6-8

" But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him." 1 corinthians 8:6

Steve

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Yeah I think you are right in saying Jesus didn’t speak of homosexuality.

I just found something I thought you would enjoy:

The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. ~Lynn Lavner

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. ~Lynn Lavner

Gotta love it!

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Deesw, GEORGE WASHINGTON, the FIRST president, was a MASON! He wasn't a christian, he was a mason, which is why the monument for him was built by Masons and on Mason principles. John Adams wasn't a christian, he believed in god, but not christianity. Like many people nowadays do, they believe in a god, but find all the bs in the bible stupid. "What? No eating meat on a tuesday? No sneezing with my head at a 45 degree angle at 3pm on the third friday of every second month after the full moon of Janurary?" You know, and all the other bs in the bible. Also, the crime rate has been going down.... so saying that getting rid of bs is causing crime is wrong, the more we leave ignorance in the bible belt the lower the crime rate goes down in the north/west states. Also, the moral states ie bible belt/red states/confederate states have higher rates of single mothers and teen pregnancies.

Hmmm, the bible does promote slavery, and women being slaves to men, and kids being property of the men, a woman can be killed at a whim if the husband feels like it, the ten commandments are from the jews, and the christians took it from them, but never follow. Why is that? Last I checked it didn't say thoou shalt not kill, unless they are gay, black, jew, female, arab, hindu, witch, or anything else not rich white christian male.

And again, USA was found on Masonary and common sense. It is common sense to make murder, rape, and stealing wrong, not christian. Jews believed murder was wrong, ancient greeks did to. But the ancient greeks lived thousands of years before christianity, how did they know rape and murder were wrong? Common sense..... Sorry, just because common sense and christianity both say murder and rape is wrong doesn't mean christianity came up with it.

Jesus was a jeeeeeeeeewwwww. He never wanted a new religon, he wanted to bring the teacings of god back to the jews. Christianity was a cult until they took over, then they were a religon. And as bad of a rep as witchcraft has, they have 0 deaths, christianity has billions if not trillions of deaths. How? Well, crusades, inquisitions, trials, the wiping out of science and medicine leading to millions of deaths to simple curable disease. Now, that is only a few hundred million. But a male and female die, they have no kid, that kid has now been murdered.(since christians consider condoms to be murder, then killing a male and female so they can't reproduce is murder) and then that kid doesn't have a kid so another murder, and you do that you get trillions dead. But witches? None. Well, real witches who follow their rules anyways.(Do what you wilt, as long as yee harm none)

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sntx
God's commandment to not worship other gods does not imply that there are in fact other gods. God saw people worshiping gods of their own invention, gods that were not real, and commanded against such practices.

I agree with you. Many people in the Old Testament kept small wooden or metal idols (“gods”) in their homes. These idols were called teraphim, and they were thought to protect the home and offer advice in times of need. They had legal significance as well, when they were passed on to an heir, the person could claim the greatest part of the family inheritance. So God doesn’t want us to worship false idols (gods).

There is the story of Moses staff turning into a snake battling the Pharos staff (Exodus 7). So it’s clear that there were some beings of supernatural power but I believe this was the work of Satan or his deamons.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by deesw
Give me a break,,,,, pick one side of the fence or the other. Stradling the fence like you are doing is far more dangerous than being atheist.
Pick one side of a fence why? I would rather choose the path right down the middle that allows me to see both sides of that fence and not fall into the swamps on either side. Now it sounds to me like you are trying to take away my freewill and have me behave as your Christian values of belligerence, intolerance, anger, scorn, have you behave in here.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join