It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Stopped Beleiving In Witches, When's The Bibles Turn?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   

But can't have women with power now can we?

perzactly

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   

they will see that a lot of whats in it makes pretty good sense on how it all started
So when you tell a 18 year old biology student that the whole human race derived from one male and one female, you think they will see it as a good explanation for the creation of the human race?

And I think if the world only knew science and no religion whatsoever, many people would kill themselves. I know I would.

Well if the only thing you had been tort through out your life was science, i promise you wouldnt kill youself becuase you wouldnt know what you were missing out on with religion would you? Just the same as if u teach a child only religious doctrine, science would be a type of magick.
So what im trying to say if you accept what ever is told to you. That is why religion exists.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by wang
[ So when you tell a 18 year old biology student that the whole human race derived from one male and one female, you think they will see it as a good explanation for the creation of the human race?

It makes more sense than telling them that the human race was derived from asexually reproducing single cells or some non living organic chemical soup. Hmmm, humans derived from humans or from soup? Call me crazy but it is much easier to believe that my ancestors were human!

Steve

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sntx
It makes more sense than telling them that the human race was derived from asexually reproducing single cells or some non living organic chemical soup.

Just as it didn't make sense that the sun didn't revolve around us?

Hmmm, humans derived from humans or from soup? Call me crazy but it is much easier to believe that my ancestors were human!

Yes your ancestors were human.. but theirs were almost human.. somewhere along the line there were human ancestors that were also chimp ancestors.. those primates came from something else etc. It may be easier for you to believe that humans just magically 'appeared'.. most don't want to believe we came from primordial soup.. [seems to be an ego thing] but that does not mean it's not fact.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

That is both a bad analogy and an ugly straw man.

Yes your ancestors were human.. but theirs were almost human.. somewhere along the line there were human ancestors that were also chimp ancestors.. those primates came from something else etc.

Oh, so my ancestors ancestors are not my ancestors?

It may be easier for you to believe that humans just magically 'appeared'..

I don't believe that humans magically appeared. Humans were created in the same way that we create things although by a much more sophisticated and intelligent creator. Magic is more applicable in the realm of abiogenesis.

most don't want to believe we came from primordial soup.. [seems to be an ego thing] but that does not mean it's not fact.

Yes, it is an ego thing (a uniquely human quality). It is also a logic thing. The question remains the same. Which makes more sense? Even leaving ego out of the equation and focusing on facts and observances human originating from human is far more plausible than human originating from non human.

Steve

[edit on 2/4/0505 by sntx]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Moving along, Wicca was declared by the U.S. Government as an official religion in 1982. It is not a cult.

Sorry to inform you, but you need to check with the Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics, and the Handbook of Denominations. Both have declared that wicca is considered a cult in America.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
So christianity says it is a cult so it is? Hmmm, seems kinda strange.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Jesus in another story altogether. Whether he truly existed, the historians have yet to decide. However, the lessons he taught were good ones. Love thy neighbor as thyself. I would commend his lessons to you, Dee, especially. You who think that menstruating women are unclean. You who think that your way is the only way. You who are unable to love others as you so obviously do yourself. You who are intolerant of others beliefs and lifestyles. You who willfully wallow in your ignorance of history and theology -- even that of your own religion. You're lucky I'm a good witch.

Your Witchery has no place around a man of God, I care not type of witch you are. I have never said I don't love anyone on here because they believe different than me. I can love you and yet despise your lifestyle. I can love you and not like you. I know my religion very well, It gets quite rediculous when you twist and pervert the doctrines of my faith to further your arguement.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   

It makes more sense than telling them that the human race was derived from asexually reproducing single cells or some non living organic chemical soup. Hmmm, humans derived from humans or from soup? Call me crazy but it is much easier to believe that my ancestors were human

Thank You

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

So christianity says it is a cult so it is? Hmmm, seems kinda strange.

Neither of those were compiled by or published by Christians. Those books did not refer to Muslims, or buddhists, orAmish people as cults. Just wicca, and Satanism which according to those two publications are one in the same. and a few other groups I've never heard of.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeswYour Witchery has no place around a man of God, I care not type of witch you are. I have never said I don't love anyone on here because they believe different than me. I can love you and yet despise your lifestyle. I can love you and not like you. I know my religion very well, It gets quite rediculous when you twist and pervert the doctrines of my faith to further your arguement.
Your jesus was a warlock and a necromancist.

He raised the dead, those who he cared for anyway, the rest he said of them.."let the dead bury their dead." Of course he was in the midst of killing opposing tribes, so what does he care his men had no time to bury their own.

A fellow of God, he was not.

[edit on 2/5/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by deesw

Moving along, Wicca was declared by the U.S. Government as an official religion in 1982. It is not a cult.

Sorry to inform you, but you need to check with the Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics, and the Handbook of Denominations. Both have declared that wicca is considered a cult in America.

or stupid answers

[edit on 5-2-2005 by stalkingwolf]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
To me the belief of God is no more believable then the Ancient Paegen Gods of Greece.

Name one thing the bible has given to the world that it has benefited from.

[edit on 02/03/05 by Grey Fox]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Thats right, the pagan gods are no more believable than the christian god.
Also the story os jesus was derived from the egyptian story of osiris, so you could say that christians do believe in a pagan god.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Don't forget Zues, he had a bunch of sons born to him by mortals. All stories in bible can be lead back to a dif. religon. Flooded Earth? Giglamesh and Zues.(Zues went around with Hermes as poor beggars, only an old couple would let them into their home and feed them, so the city was wiped out in a massive flood while the old people were spared)

Damn, memory fart, Deesw, witchcraft and satanism have nothing in common, Satan is a christian god, there is no satan in witchcraft. And what is up with calling someone a witch like it's a bad thing? Being called a nature loving peaceful person who's religon has 0 deaths on it's history book isn't to bad. Of course your anti-witch book says it is a cult and satanism, just like a anti-jew book says jews are aliens from mars who worship satan while eating babies.

[edit on 6-2-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   

That is both a bad analogy and an ugly straw man.

It took a while for people to realise that wasn't true as well.. in the case of human evolution.. it'll take a little longer for people to let go of 'guy in the sky''s coat tails.

Oh, so my ancestors ancestors are not my ancestors?

I think you know what I meant. Yes of course they are your still our ancestors.. but species change.. I was reffering to all the species that preceeded humans.

Magic is more applicable in the realm of abiogenesis.

So something else was able to create organinisms from non living matter. A wave of the hand from God? Is he a wizard or an alien? How would that be less magical than spontaneous generation?

Yes, it is an ego thing (a uniquely human quality). It is also a logic thing. The question remains the same. Which makes more sense? Even leaving ego out of the equation and focusing on facts and observances human originating from human is far more plausible than human originating from non human.

There is NO logic in this. It is only wanting to be 'special' to something omnipotent.
I would agree with your wholeheartedly if there were NO other primates or extinct subhuman species.. but there are aren't there? I don't see how your opinion is more logicol when chimps [as proven with dna] clearly share a heritage with human beings.. and there is also a wealth of archeological evidence that shows human evolutionary linage. You obviously are turning a blind eye to these facts and observations as there are no facts and observations that prove otherwise.

Deesw- for the last time Witches do not worship Satan. They do not believe in a christian god so would not worship his enemy.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

So something else was able to create organinisms from non living matter. A wave of the hand from God? Is he a wizard or an alien?

Yes that's right. Again logic, something created something as opposed to nothing created something. Our Father is a living being with infinite intelligence. I don't think it takes any stretch of imagination to conclude that such a being is more likely to be creative than nothing is.

How would that be less magical than spontaneous generation?

If you can't see how an intelligent being is more likely to create something than that something coming about spontaneously from nothing there is no point continuing this discussion. It doesn't belong in this thread anyway, but I couldn't leave your statements uncommented on.

Originally posted by sntxYes, it is an ego thing (a uniquely human quality). It is also a logic thing. The question remains the same. Which makes more sense? Even leaving ego out of the equation and focusing on facts and observances human originating from human is far more plausible than human originating from non human.

There is NO logic in this. It is only wanting to be 'special' to something omnipotent.

So just to be clear, are you saying that the idea that humans originating from pond scum is more logical than the idea that humans originated from humans?

I would agree with your wholeheartedly if there were NO other primates or extinct subhuman species.. but there are aren't there?

There are other primates. This in no way suggests that they are our ancestors. There are no extinct subhuman species. Every human that has ever lived has been fully human. In fact earlier generations of humans were more perfect than we are today due to the documented degradation of the human genome over time.

I don't see how your opinion is more logicol when chimps [as proven with dna] clearly share a heritage with human beings..

Chimps share characteristics with human beings not heritage there is a big difference. A car shares characteristics with a motorcycle that doesn't mean that the car is a descendant of the motorcycle only that certain functions require a similar design.

...and there is also a wealth of archeological evidence that shows human evolutionary linage. You obviously are turning a blind eye to these facts and observations as there are no facts and observations that prove otherwise.

Are you referring to the many human ancestor hoaxes and mistakes that have been thoroughly debunked as bad science yet continue to be paraded as proof. Talk about turning a blind eye.

Steve

[edit on 2/6/0505 by sntx]

[edit on 2/6/0505 by sntx]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Your jesus was a warlock and a necromancist.

Whatever dude. You need to lay off the crack.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Damn, memory fart, Deesw, witchcraft and satanism have nothing in common, Satan is a christian god, there is no satan in witchcraft.

So you deny the existance of both Satan and God? I would not want to be there when Satan comes for your soul. Is there anything that you do believe in besides your self, anything higher than you on this planet?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Are you referring to the many human ancestor hoaxes and mistakes that have been thoroughly debunked as bad science yet continue to be paraded as proof.

Could you please provide a source on these many hoaxes? I can provide many to back my conclusions that have credibility [and not creationalist sites.. if it's genuine science you should find real evidence to support your own ideas]. I have no problem knowing that human beings evolved from pond scum. I think it is amazing that life can achieve so much.. and I respect the potential of pond scum. I suspect you probably see it as a negative thing? :shk: You don't want to be related to pond scum! Fair enough. Ego.
Neandethols are not human beings either.. they were a subspecies.. yet were evolved enough to have their own culture.
I already see the futility in discussing this with you [discussed before on repeat] but this topic is relevant to this thread. When are we going to stop believing in the bible? When science disproves all it's silly assertions it will be viewed as just a collection of moral guidlines and strange metephores from a time when people didn't know the difference between fantasy and reality. God or not the term is often used in place of 'I don't know'. Aparently people still don't want to know.

[edit on 6-2-2005 by riley]

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join