It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Time to put up and shut up. Prove you're not a shill.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
¡¡!VERMIN SUPREME FOR EL PRESIDENTE BECAUSE PONIES!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well I wouldn't advance Johnson any more than you for the same reasons plus the war but I thought I'd just put the original ticket up.
You could resurrect Nixon and Lodge or Nixon and Agnew both posthumously.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The rack it is then.
Bring that leather mask you have in the guest room closet. Yeah I know about that. And the restraints.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The one candidate I would like for president would lower taxes and reduce the size and scope of government.

I'll never be happy.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

*pet pet* There there. We know

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
You could resurrect Nixon and Lodge or Nixon and Agnew both posthumously.

I think I will stick with my original choice.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Because of the democratic republican party.

Which is considered the bedrock of the modern Democratic party and Jefferson and Madison are the founders.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

My candidate lies too much and cannot be trusted. They also manipulate the press and I don’t feel like they have been forthcoming about their friendship with the other candidate. My candidate also has the kind of past that has led to criminal and/or civil investigations/litigation — so I worry they aren’t ethical. They've also been exposed for exchanging donations for political favors, which is troubling. My candidate also has a difficult time apologizing and accepting responsibility. Women and minorities are political pawns to my candidate, which I find unacceptable. My candidate has also proven to be irresponsible and reckless, in their actions. Lastly, my candidate opened the door to to foreign influence on this election.

j/k. I don’t support the two candidates that fit the above description.

I may not vote, but if I do, it will probably be for Jill Stein. There’s much I don’t agree with Stein on, but hers is the only campaign that doesn’t involve a Clinton crony.

But, again, I may not vote. I don't really see anything negative about it other than my own feelings of disenfranchisement....yet again.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I like what you did there.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Since I can't reply in the other thread -

I'm nit-picky about people using the word shill, yes... because it's misused constantly by people who can't come to grips with the fact that people have differing opinions from themselves.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Is silly that they closed the thread, I don't think they read it at all since they were on very different things. Whatever.

So instead of dealing with the topic beyond the use of the word shill you will rail forever on that point.

Gotcha. Moving on.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Interesting thread.

I cannot bring myself to support either Hillary or The Donald. Gary Johnson has had so many gaffes lately, not sure I can support him either, and Stein is just a thrown away vote, maybe I will write in my dog.

I am paying much more attention than normal to the down ballot contests, the state and local governments affect my life much more than the national elections.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
...maybe I will write in my dog.

I would vote for your dog, he would crap on us less than any of the other choices.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Who Trump?

He's not conservative. I don't believe he's serious in his religiousity/spirituality for one second. And I don't think he's going to be a social conservative in very many ways that matter.

But then I've maintained from the beginning of this crazy ride that this has been a matter of making lemonade for me, not one of enthusiastically supporting anyone.

Hmmm, trying to be positive about Hillary ...

I have a much easier time coming up with positives about Obama: strong family man and father, excellent speaker, he genuinely seems to believe in what he sells even if I vehemently disagree with his policy positions - I can still respect that.

I can even find positives about Bernie. He also seemed to honestly believe in what he was saying.

But truly, after all these years of observing Clinton, I cannot come up with anything positive about her. Even Bill was at least likable in a roguish way ... as a woman, wouldn't want to be alone in a room with him, but that doesn't stop him from having a certain amount of charm.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: BubbaJoe

There's already a precedent set for that

I wasn't looking for a precedent, just disgusted with the choices we have this election cycle. I was hoping Hillary would step aside, and allow a younger Democrat get the nomination, and that The Donald would actually be beat in the primaries. Bernie was too old, and The Donald fired up the "base" of the Repubs. Johnson and Weld bring nothing to the table, and I think that Stein is too far out there.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I didn't think you were, but it was an interesting relevant story your post reminded me of. Your dog could be the new Bosco, first canine president.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Ok here we go with part two, this is the really effing hard one. Also because apparently using the same thread title with a part two attached is an auto thread closure. Did not know that.

This time the goal is to... gulp... talk up the opposing candidate. That's right, in this exercise if you have nothing nice to say, it's best to say nothing at all. This is going to be a very hard one.

OK, so Hillary... *centers self and takes a deep breath*

She's a strong woman. She's in a culture that's heavily steeped in roadblocks based on gender plowed her way through competition to the point she's on the verge of potentially breaking the ultimate glass ceiling, the US presidancy. If nothing else, her shattering the highest plane of glass in the US would be a great step for demonstrating our progress in gender equality.

She's played the game a long while, she has already built up the right connections to be a mover and shaker in the political world. If there's a positive policy she truly wishes to push through, if anyone can do it, it's someone like her. She knows the rules of the game, she's been the wife of Bill and as a Clinton has been intimitely tied to politics most of her life. A thing her opponent cannot claim. While being a politician and a lawyer are generally spoken of with derision, there are advantages to such experiences and the skill set that comes with them to get things done in a political environment. She's been doing the political dance for years and already has a strong political base to work from. If nothing else this will mean, agree with her or not, this will be unlikely to be a lame duck presidency. So progress of somesort will occur under her leadership. She's already proven a person that can get things done, and will go to any lengths to do it. While there's much to say for idealism, idealism alone can't do anything in this political climate, you need to know how to move things along politically, something she can do.

She's taken up many of Bernie's policies a person I support. If she decides to stick by those aspects of her platform and push them and really mean it, she might actually have the clout to do so. It may or may not happen, but at least it's a sliver of hope.

Ok I feel a failure saying this, but it's the best I can do for Hillary. Can you do better for your opposing candidate? I hope so, cause I'm not satisfied I got enough # off my glasses for this post myself.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Puppylove

As I will be writing Thomas Jefferson's name in on the ballot my main criticism of him is that he is dead. It really annoys me that I have to vote for a dead guy over everyone else in this election and I am not sure if I will be able to forgive him for dying 190 years ago.

Priceless!

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The one candidate I would like for president would lower taxes and reduce the size and scope of government.

I'll never be happy.

Take heart, Cowboy. Bad choices by those in power eventually
backfire on them to the point of Louis.. and we get a giant
razor party. I'm just wondering whom OUR Robespierre is...
Back to the thread... there isn't anything I could add to the
pro-contender or con-champion thing.

Where all the negatives negate each other and end up in a
self-fisting unto oblivion, what choice is there other than to
join the Ren & Stimpy Space Cadets in the black hole the PTB
have created for those choices? I wonder as a sidebar how petty
the issues we're bringing up this time would impact the candidates?

I'm writing in the toothless space cabbage with Internet skills:
maybe I can get some help with my Firefox locking up anyway.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join