It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Time to put up and shut up. Prove you're not a shill.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
OK People time to put up or shut up, prove you're not a shill and a propaganda machine for your candidate of choice. We've already had a great thread where you needed to prop up your candidate with positivity while not attacking the other candidate. Now we have a new exercise. Prove you are aren't working with blinders on. Here's the rules, you need to # talk your candidate. Show us where you disagree with them, what you might distrust about them. Give us a reason to believe you're not blind to their faults and potential failings. That your faith in them isn't blind and you can see them with the # stained glasses of actual humanity and leave the rose colored glasses at home. You are not allowed to tell us why the other candidate is worse, in fact, you're not allowed to mention the other candidate by name at all. This is about your candidate and what you disagree with or makes you nervous about supporting them. Not only that, but you cannot talk about your candidate in the positive. No trying to balance out the negative with positive talk. We all know how much you love your candidate. This is about showing you're doing more than hero worshipping and simply toying the party line.

I'll start with Trump, because I know half the people here think I'm a Trump supporter anyway. I'll likely be voting for him, but would rather not.

He's been caught in several lies or mistakes. Which means the chance we'll get an honest and transparent administration is no better than anyone else. Either that or he's not very researched on many facts ahead of time. He's quick to talk out his ass.

He's easy to goad, he's a narcissist, and as such lacks true humility. Like most narcissist he can take an offense, real or imagined and react to it in crazy extreme ways. He's unlikely believe he did wrong no matter if willing to concede it for polititical expediency.

While he never officially joined the elite's cabal, he's still closely involved with them. Maybe there's a seat waiting for him, and he's doing this song and dance to get the growing and pervasive anti-establishment vote, a category I belong in. I'm very skeptical of his authenticity here. The elite are tricky bastards, and he's got many business dealings with them as well as mutual business ties. He's also stocked his economics department with many of these elite.

He's worked as an entertainer and businessman, which means he knows how to put on a good show, and is well educated in fabrication. This makes much of what he says and does questionable. As an entertainer and businessman he's more than capable of pulling the wool over our eyes. Especially when you consider many bad business deals in his past where he had no issue exploiting people. Not to mention the whole college fiasco. As such there's good reason to be suspicious of his goals and motivations.

I think I've gone far enough as I'm having to do two candidates here.

Jill Stein's turn the candidate I'd rather be voting for.

She and the Green Party are big supporters of BLM and have both accepted and recognized much of the worst aspects of the movement as demonstrated by many of the speakers at the convention and the unwillingness to distance themselves from such divisive rhetoric. In addition in pandering to such division, she actually believes that reparations are something to consider. There are many aspects of BLM I agree with, but their methodology is terrible and frankly more harmful than helpful to fixing those problems.

She's an idealist, while I love this about her, it also comes with a bit of a naivety that may make her actually useless at accomplishing anything in our corrupt and broken system. To some degree compromise, as much as I hate it, is necessary. There's and very effective and pervasive wall in the political world that makes success as a true believer basically impossible. It also causes her to do things silly things like break the law for all the right reasons on live TV in front of several witnesses... You can't help if you're in jail sweety, but I applaud the effort, don't do it. I don't like being made a hypocrite by defending your law breaking while admonishing another candidates no matter how much worse. (Hmmm I sorta broke my own rules here and tried to mitigate... This is actually hard)

Since I did two candidates I think this is enough to get the ball rolling. Prove you're not a shill, get slinging.
edit on 9/18/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I don't have a candidate. Can I still participate in this thread? I'd like to trash talk Clinton AND Trump.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

As I will be writing Thomas Jefferson's name in on the ballot my main criticism of him is that he is dead. It really annoys me that I have to vote for a dead guy over everyone else in this election and I am not sure if I will be able to forgive him for dying 190 years ago.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I'm not, I can't be, not me,. Seriously, I just try an inject my opinion, and sometimes it falls flat. S&F for the challenge.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

As I will be writing Thomas Jefferson's name in on the ballot my main criticism of him is that he is dead. It really annoys me that I have to vote for a dead guy over everyone else in this election and I am not sure if I will be able to forgive him for dying 190 years ago.

Well, that escalated quickly.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MongolianPaellaFish
Well, that escalated quickly.

I was being dead serious. Pun intended.

I was going to vote for Johnson but I do not think I even want to vote for him now either. I am just so apathetic to this whole election.

edit on 18-9-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MongolianPaellaFish

If you're not going to vote, the closest thing would be to um... actually do the opposite, tell us why a vote for either candidate is not the end of the world. To demonstrate an ability to see where some actual hope might lie and that you can um... put those rose colored glasses back on and give the # colored ones a break for a second.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: MongolianPaellaFish

If you're not going to vote, the closest thing would be to um... actually do the opposite, tell us why a vote for either candidate is not the end of the world. To demonstrate an ability to see where some actual hope might lie and that you can um... put those rose colored glasses back on and give the # colored ones a break for a second.

Fair call!

Good points for Clinton:

* vast political experience
* huge political influence
* skilled political operator
* pro-science

Good points for Trump:

* not Clinton
* smart with money
* anti-establishment
* fought the RNC, and won!
* outmanoeuvred the Koch-funded Tea Party
* not a politician (fresh to the job; clean hands)
* hasn't been bought out by special interests or lobby groups
* best buddies with the NRA (they've spent $6 million on TV ads supporting him!)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think both candiates are a crock of #.

It really is a giant douche verse a turd sandwich this year.

So yeah....not a shill.
edit on 18-9-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Because I'm writing in AugustusMasonicus.

He said my reparation money was in the mail.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
Because I'm writing in AugustusMasonicus.

You might actually be better off with Clinton or Trump.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Perhaps I do not want to prove I am not a shill.

People need to work on coming to reasonable conclusions and solidifying their arguments, rather than resorting to calling others a shill when they cannot properly debate.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's not you being apathetic here, elections have become pathetic.

I'd vote for Willy Brandt if I could.
The only good thing is, that he'd be the younger walking dead in the mix.

A toast to the shills of the dead.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Because as a cynical nihilist I have no political affiliation, they're all #ty.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I think Hillary should apologize for her bad choice of a private server not just admitting it was a mistake.
That doesn't mean I ever thought she was up to nefarious aims by doing so.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I've never seen the inside of a voting booth, nor do I ever expect to in this lifetime. I dislike them both, equally...because they are simply two different heads of the same monster, and only when people are shown irrefutable proof of this will anything change. Fortunately (or not), that proof will be forthcoming, and sooner rather than later, I expect.

So while I wait, I'm watching the show and playing with theories...and learning some very valuable things about other people in general. No shills over here...but shut up, I absolutely will not. And I hope no one else does either...whether I agree with them or not.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Why are there two threads?

Posted in the other one before seeing this.

Trump. I liked him on the Apprentice.

Clinton. I know of a SS agent that said she was nice.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
seeing as i just voted for owen smith in the labour leadership contest, i approach american politics from entirely different spectrum.
two right wing parties dosent give any choice.
two aged candidates that fear a cold snap in november more than the actual elections.
seemingly clinton's biggest plus is that she's married to a former president, trumps is that he may be a billionaire.
on the negatives, clinton's run a lazy campaign, expecting to win rather than actually fighting.
meanwhile trumps has just been a car crash based on fear and hate.

the ardent trump fans however, are the most pigheaded, bigoted and basically stupid ive seen online, which is why i'd support, begrudgingly, clinton.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I want Hillary's focus to be more on her accomplishments and her goals and less about trump.

Of course I don't want her looking weak either.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

There's literally no point arguing with a person who cannot and will not concede to any negatives on their side of the debate.

By demonstrating one can recognize any fault on their side, and steadfastly refuses to concede any wrong on their side, they've proven that one may as well be talking to a brick wall.

Why am I going to bother debating with someone if I see no reason to believe that they're in any way open to considering the other side of things, and have no ability to recognize any faults in their own side?

If two people are simply talking at each other and not to each, the whole thing is pointless.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join