It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti 'war game' protesters are driving me mad

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I agree with you for the most part but also not entirely. Protesting war games is stupid. Military's need to train.

But when was the last time a war was fought in which a military was actually fighting to protect their homeland? Syria? The 'West' are the invading forces there. Been that way for awhile now. That is what people are bent out of shape about. Why are safe nations going and conquering?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

...each and every time those who wear tie dye shirts and acid wash jeans protest...

...war-that's what war games are for. What would these protestors do if they had to defend themselves-throw scented candles? would negotiations start with a free Tarot card reading? It doesn't work that way...

Just a friendly reminder from a tiedye and faded jeans wearing candle artisan who also happens to read Tarot: be careful of painting individual people with the same broad strokes. It is easy to make inaccurate blanket statements based on one isolated event and alienate your audience.

I fully support our military, and think that people who take issue with them following orders and honoring the oath they swore to do so need to direct their misplaced outrage at the ones who give them in the first place, rather than publicly make asses of themselves by senselessly attacking the very people who have sworn to protect them, without asking anything in return. People of their ilk exist across every demographic. So do rational people who have at least a passing understanding of how it "works", and think that the former category need a good, swift boot in their ass. So don't hate on the "hippies", please...books; covers...what is the adage about that again?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Marine brat,here.

When I was six,my first dog ended up being squished by a tank during a wargame in North Carolina.

He shouldn't have tried to kill the tank.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I think every active duty and retired military person should put away their weapons, skills, training.

Then we should let those that despise us train and defend our shores. They are the ones that can fight in the wars.

I'll stay at home and play some boxed video game and spit on them as they return home.

'Cause I have that right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join