It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Anti 'war game' protesters are driving me mad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
War is bad and we need to be prepared for the worst; but some silly folk believe that we don't.

I live near a place where war games are conducted and each and every time those who wear tie dye shirts and acid wash jeans protest and the last time one protester endangered her life when she sneaked into a 'warzone'. What is wrong with these people? the military is unfortunately a necessary evil but they are here to defend us because you can't just pick up a gun, start firing and expect to win a war-that's what war games are for. What would these protestors do if they had to defend themselves-throw scented candles? would negotiations start with a free Tarot card reading? It doesn't work that way.

War is not welcome in any nation however every nation on Earth has the right to protect itself and if push comes to shove you want a trained soldier-not a mood ring. These soldiers are training to save you and your children's lives while you are protesting; it perfectly fine to protest but fire up the neurons before Pulling a Yoko.

Cake out.
edit on 18-9-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Holy stereotyping Batman!

I get that it's stupid to protest by entering into a war game field and perhaps it's even silly to protest war games if it's just the concept people are protesting about.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

You left out their friendship crystals.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Believe it or not I was not stereotyping-Their vans looked like a rainbow puked all over them, but different strokes I guess. Security is paramount but some folk believe that is not an option-some people that want to save the whales are eating tuna.

I want peace as much as anyone else but in this day in age we need to consider contingency plans just in case.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

a reply to: WakeUpBeer

You left out their friendship crystals.

And the agent provocateurs

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I doth protest. Nobody is attacking this country.

The military is off the rails invading and occupying foreign lands and killing people, killing them in droves.

The latest 'accident', US airstrikes kill 62 and wound over a hundred Syrian soldiers. But you won't see their funerals or hearthe lamentation of their women.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Um, you do realize "wargames" at home are simply to establish protocol in case an uprising were to ever happen right?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I feel you.Doesn't bother Me,because I live close to a base where they do bomb testing.I just shrug it off Fck it.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'm all for protesting war. Protesting the military is useless though, literally. You won't achieve anything standing outside a base with a peace sign, the military doesn't decide what to be involved in. It's the policy makers that need to be protested... starting with the President.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I'm all for protesting war. Protesting the military is useless though, literally. You won't achieve anything standing outside a base with a peace sign, the military doesn't decide what to be involved in. It's the policy makers that need to be protested... starting with the President.

Okay yah, except once you let the military off its leash, they become the ones driving policy. Their problem solving skills involve what sized hammer to use, to fix it.

Once un leashed, the reins are handed to them pretty much and their ultimate goal is to conquer territory. The funding to direct the hostile takeover of nations, the debt incurred, the number of casualties, the destruction, the blow back, all because of the military. Supposedly the department of "Defense", now become the Empire of Destruction.

What to do when Generals are in charge. Imagine trying to tell them to quit and come home...

Were you around during Vietnam?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

This one always gets me.

Whenever the military practices something in CONUS, it's to prepare for an insurrection and martial law. Couldn't be that the military is like...practicing their jobs. Nope, that's not it.

It's "establishing protocol." Whatever the hell thats even supposed to mean lol.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptrr

"I doth protest" can we leave the archaic language at the door please?

I do not condone the recent attack however that is not the point of this thread. I'm talking about the need for some to stop protesting military exercises that could save many lives. It's better to be safe than sorry but sadly many folk are oblivious and if the SHTF then you want a trained soldier bailing you out, not some folk that only want to offer an olive branch.

As Mulder once said "surrender is the absence of defeat."

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I'm talking about the need for some to stop protesting military exercises that could save many lives.

I'm tired of hearing people say that when clearly the military isn't saving lives at all. Thats what the protests are about.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

No I wasn't around during Vietnam. I've done plenty of anti-war protesting though. My point wasn't against that or pro-military solutions. My point was is that it isn't up to the military as to what they do and don't get involved in, that's up to our President and our Congress. That's where anti-war protesting needs to be directed.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
The military is off the rails invading and occupying foreign lands and killing people, killing them in droves.

Naa man, military doesn't do that
military is a tool..its like blaming a hammer for erecting a building you dont like...

the hammer is the tool. you got beef, its with politicians using the tool for their own purpose.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
If they want to protest against the act of war then they should go to it's source. No sense in wasting their efforts on people just following orders.
That being said, this should also serve as a reminder to soldiers that they must ensure that the orders they follow is from the right leader with the ultimate goal being for the good of humanity as a whole.

Doenst matter which side of the war you are fighting for, you are ultimately responsible for your own soul, your actions and their affect on humanity.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

military is a tool..its like blaming a hammer for erecting a building you dont like...

the hammer is the tool. you got beef, its with politicians using the tool for their own purpose.

Really? So there are, and have never been, any rogue Generals or Commandants who have operated outside the bounds of congressional over sight?

Because I can think of more than one individual and more than one operation. Tsk , tsk.

As for your war games, I suggest that you all remain vigilant.

War games are perfect covers for covert ops, just look at what was transpiring in the way of war games on the eve and day of 9/11 ...

Also beware the hippy left peace protesters who are often agent provocateurs in disguise, whether they be undercover cops or the SAS posing as Green Peace.
edit on 18-9-2016 by DyingEmbers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DyingEmbers
Really? So there are, and have never been any rogue Generals or Commandants who have operated outside the bounds of congressional over sight?

Thats rogue generals. thats like complaining about the police because criminals exist

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

No I wasn't around during Vietnam. I've done plenty of anti-war protesting though. My point wasn't against that or pro-military solutions. My point was is that it isn't up to the military as to what they do and don't get involved in...

But look where we are? The military is in defacto charge, where to spend enormous sums of money on what country, what base, port, weapons system. The gubment stands idly by, passing enormous budgets to fill military requests, building up the security state to squash dissent, building an overburden of debt that hurts everyone, the same as it was during the Vietnam era.

Except for occupy I haven't seen any protests like during the Vietnam era.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Not even the elected officials have any say, except to sign the checks. They can go with the flow or get dumped.

The industrial tycoons are behind the current debacle. They always are. Making war and cleaning up after is the biggest enterprise on earth. During WWII they even named the top of the line aircraft carrier after their goals...

The 'Enterprise'

top topics

<<   2 >>

join