It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu Pandemic May Have Arrived

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Now that we have flu vaccines I was wondering when a "pandemic" would hit...

Quick! Go out and dump cash into the drug company pockets!! before it's too late!!

(well.... this *IS* a conspiracy site)

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snap
Now that we have flu vaccines I was wondering when a "pandemic" would hit...

Pandemics hit regularly before flu vaccines were availible...

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Here's an interesting op/ed piece and includes other ATS flu threads:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 20-2-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:32 AM
link   
This Asian varient is just waiting to take hold and wreak its havoc on the people of the world. I also wonder why we have not had any confermed cases in the U.S. I forgot the link I was reading on and it said that compared to the 1918-1919 flu pandemic this emerging new variant of the bird flu is expected to kill somewhere in the neighborhood of up to 10mil. people. Scientists have been screaming about this for yrs. and it is just a matter of time 'till it gets a strong start here in the U.S.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
THIS FLU PANDEMIC IS BOGUS.

There is no truth to this. Its a conspiracy by the goverment and the medical companies.
They're trying to scare us. MORE.

Pharmaceutical companies stand to make a great deal of money with the preparations and immunizations. The government gains with "fear" tactics.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The thing I know is I have had a persistent chest congestion that started out flu like. My voice has been screwed up for over a week. It's more of an annoyance than anything. It's not like I am physically ill, I feel almost otherwise normal, some stomach discomfort though (may not be related). I'm breathing pretty good, there is just that lingering congestion. Anyone else had this stuff? Is there a more persistent flu/congestive problem running about here in the US? I'm not wanting to start a scare, because I'm personally not going to fold under a little annoying chest congestion. My voice is fortunately getting better. I'm taking my vites and nutritional products, and I am otherwise fine.

Troy

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Troy,

Dont worry, you'll get over it and be ok.

40 something cases does not a great pandemic make.

Get plenty of rest, and Zycam is good
(nasal gel for colds)

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Indonesia orders isolation of two provinces over bird flu outbreaks

""I have ordered the isolation of West Java and South Sulawesi," Anton Aprinato was quoted by the state Antara news agency as saying."

CNN: Bird flu re-emerges in Indonesia
Thursday, March 17, 2005
"To prevent bird flu outbreaks from spreading, the government has ordered isolation and culling in the affected areas, and vaccinations in areas in a five kilometer distance"

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I just wondered if we had a variant strain or something going on? This particular chest congestion episode seemed like it could be particularly persistent. I'm doing pretty well, the voice is doing well. The odd thing one day was I noticed that I felt just fantastic. The only thing was that my voice made me sound like I was in terrible shape. It just seemed odd to feel so good yet my voice was trashed.

Troy

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Troy,

I think I had the same thing earlier this year. It lasted 6 weeks!!! Started out as conjestion then I eventually lost my voice. My voice was gone for 2 of the 6 weeks. Took almost four weeks for my voice to become 'normal' again. I was seriously scared that somehow my coughing messed up my vocals. lol

During the six weeks, conjestion came and went for a few days at a time. I used Mucinex. It was by 'prescription only' until a few months ago, it's now offered OTC. Pretty expensive but effective. My pharmacist recommened it to me. Really helped break up the conjestion in my chest.

[edit on 17-3-2005 by SourGrapes]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Sour Grapes,

Here is how it started. It came on like a flu, I felt ill for a short time (joint pains, fluish stuff). I was just sitting there eating away at my enzyme supplement, and an anti-oxidant type supplement. Got something to eat and that was it as far as the yucky flu simptoms. What followed was some eye strain type pains, and a bit of disorientation, plus some congestion. I then functioned normally without any real significant sick fealings. Some recent, possibly disrelated stomach discomfort. Now I'm sitting here with a persistent light congestion, that is annoying, but doesn't really hinder me from being active and happy. There have been some other people around here with long lasting congestion episodes. One lady smokes, so I guess that didn't help it clear up.

Troy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join