It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence for Reincarnation - what do you believe?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The "Tunnel" theory seems to be evidence too me. I think the "Tunnel" a lot of NDE's (Near Death Experience) see is the birth canal and when you reach the light at the end..BOOM new life in a Baby shell. Just a thought. Great post BTW. Really gets you thinking.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DjembeJedi

So NDEs are almost births, maybe?

So on one hands it's nice you've "come back" so to speak.

On the other, a new you has just become a miscarriage somewhere?

edit on 9-18-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

That's just evidence of talking with spirits.

If you think it's anything other than that, why do you think that?
What evidence do you have to suggest that it isn't simply people falling prey to the deception of negative entities?
Reincarnation doesn't happen because time is a human construct. Keeping that in mind, that time isn't really real, how is reincarnation possible? It isn't. There would literally be no point. Unless you want to eliminate your existence and join your Hindu deity in the sky. That's the ultimate goal of reincarnation, okay? So, are you guys into Hinduism? If so, then cool I guess. Other than that, you did know that this is just Hinduism right? You can't prove or disprove it. This honestly should be a religious discussion, not a paranormal one.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
There are far too many compelling stories for me not to believe. If I have a choice though, I will not want to come back here. Too many things can go wrong physically in these human bodies, too much pain and suffering all over the world, too much chaos and craziness.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
a reply to: DjembeJedi

So NDEs are almost births, maybe?

So on one hands it's nice you've "come back" so to speak.

On the other, a new you has just become a miscarriage somewhere?

There's quite a bit that occurs "between lives" before you reincarnate.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Assuming reincarnation is real -- I only hope I don't come back here. I can't help but think that we are a failed species.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

I was just commenting on what another poster had considered.

Personally, I don't believe in reincarnation.

As interesting as some of the claims about it can be...

I've yet to be convinced.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Eh I'm not sure I'd see that as evidence, its not really how reincarnation works (its the soul, not the physical form which returns). I'd ask, how many people pictured are blood relatives? Also why are so many people "reincarnated from famous people" rather than say "Alexander the Greats chief eunuch" (points for the people who get the reference

No seriously, speaking as a pre-Christian Gaelic Polytheist, who harkens to a culture who had ideas about the souls rebirth. You don't get much proof. BUT one thing to look for is the idea of "anam cara" or soul friend. Often we gravitate to people who we barely know, but who may well have been friends in this world or the otherworld (thats not heaven in my spiritualtiy folks, no heaven exists).

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
In my opinion, remembering your other forms of existence can mess you up depending what you dig up. You feel slightly detached but it has a lingering realness and you want to get to know that person more. But you have to move on and focus on the life ahead of you or else you will get really depressed wishing you were elsewhere. So many stories of peoples' incredible triumph's of extreme survival and here you are wishing your life would just end because you are tired of the scenery.

I feel slightly irritated with the process, the empty space of being a baby that seemed like a dream-like state where I don't remember anything and you are left so disoriented re-developing a new brain and intellect that if you had a past prior to that the pieces are hard to put together.

I believe life on this planet is like trying to move through sand, constant repression. I have my own battle where I choose how much I value clarity that day. I think a lot of people can't accept that there is more clarity to be had and they in-fact do not know themselves as much as I they think they do.

Yes, I very much think re-incarnation is real, real weird. They came to me in childhood dreams but they were different, there was a narrative explaining it was another life and I could experience the mind and being of this person. You would wake up with a child's mind in comparison, quite a trip. I had a traumatic death in my last life that I got to experience all over again, it wasn't so terrible but leaves a mental scar. I do believe there is some life lesson I am playing out to counter-act what happened.

In life things seem so long when we compare it on the scale of human age and regular patterns of buy a house, get this job etc. But on the mind's scale it can take many years to change. It could be that we live primarily to change one or two things about the way we think and it may require what would seem like a harsh life.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join