It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats Appropriate Wear For Females in School

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

The lady in our picture could help her case a lot if she wore a blazer, too. It steps her dress up a bit to something that says business more than party.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I used to get catalogs from there and they did have clothing in it. Albeit not much.

These days I see they have backed off to more lounge and sport wear along with the sleep and lingerie.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

I agree with everything you have said. A body is a body. We need to get over the fear of being naked. The fear of being sexualized, or of provoking people and making their imaginations run wild.

It just feels right. How many people here probably run home when no one is there to get naked and rub one out, or just lounge around?

Many I bet. We just keep up an act because its what is expected.

Everyone secretly loves being free and happy with themselves, just not everyone knows it.

Big, small, fat, thin, what ever. We should not flinch at the sight of genitals, or breasts. A penis should not provoke the fear of God in men that others will think you gay for being near it,

or a vagina, or a bare ass make people squirm...

This teacher looks beautiful, but is sexualized by us who are sexual creatures. Kids arent and dont see her as we do. The dads may and I think that is the issue. I think the moms feal threatened.

She would have to wear a potato sack to hide those thick ass curves. That would be a travesty.

edit on 9 19 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I showed my wife your post.

She told me to shut up, wear the hat, and just lean against the living room wall.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
So you just made up the whole Victoria Secret thing?

Gotta say I'm a little disappointed.
Not sure which is more offensive, the blatant disinformation or the fact I went onto the Victoria Secret page in search of dresses.

Oh well, not much to add to this argument but I'd hate to be on the losing side so if we decide it's inappropriate I wish you all a sincere "Death to America".

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: Annee

Now you're body-shaming.

How progressive of you.

This statement is body-shaming?

Problem? By stating she knows exactly what's she's presenting in how she chooses to dress?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111
im sorry where is the camel toe in the above picture? boobs are not genitals. try again

Sexual Wiring of Women's Breasts Neuroscientists establish breasts as sexual organs.

If men have sex on the brain, they are not alone. Recent research found that women’s sensory cortex has three distinct areas corresponding to stimulation of the clitoris, vagina, and cervix (1). To their surprise, researchers found that self stimulation of the nipples lights up the same areas. This sheds further light on the sexual importance of breasts. www.psychologytoday.com...

Why Do Women Have Breasts? Breasts imitate the apes buttocks pads.

The breasts of the human female are unique in the animal world. Many people would look at a woman's breasts as having a maternal role rather than sexual, but a biological analysis proves this to be false. Read more: news.softpedia.com...

edit on 19-9-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

No, I didn't make it up, but I'm also not sure how you resurrect a catalog from over 10 years ago either.

The decision was made in 2014.

According to WWD, Leslie H. Wexner, the chairman and CEO of parent company L. Brands Inc., has decided to trim the apparel collections currently offered at Victoria's Secret. Items set to be cut include wovens, outerwear, denim and some dresses. The brand's Pink collection will not be affected.

Oh, gee, look ... not lying.

EDIT

www.google.com... hUK5SYKHQGECW0QsAQIGw#tbm=isch&q=images+of+Victoria%27s+secret+dresses

Just for fun I went and found an image gallery of the dresses they used to sell. Some nice looking stuff, and maybe you can see why I made the connection with our gal's dress when you look at some of these.
edit on 19-9-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Castration isn't savage? I consider it to be so... Rather a nasty practise, especially in this context.

Or did I misread something somewhere?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Yes to everything you just said.

And to reiterate, nothing on our bodies should be shameful to children (or us). Not boobs. Not vagina's or penises. Not curves or muscles. Not chubby, not skinny. It's all part of the human condition and it's normal.

And also for me personally, it's really about respecting another persons life (their bodies) and their choices (what they do with their own body is theirs to do, not yours)... because as long as their choices don't affect you directly or put your life in danger, then it's really no big deal to me. No harm there (ego's getting hurt doesn't count).

From a really direct standpoint anyway.

Now, if we lived in a situation where a dress code was enforced by our government and it would lead to my death if I didn't adhere? Then I would sweat in a bigfoot costume head to toe 24/7, if that's what it took to survive. Because living is better than dying. Still, I would wish I lived in a better world where my body was my own, where my boundaries were respected, and where I had more freedom.

In the end, I just don't want anybody to feel like a prisoner in their own body. God knows I have (and still struggle with it, too), so I know firsthand how uncool it is to be locked in that mentality.

Ty tadaman, ily.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Back when I was in school we didn't have problems like this. Our way of dealing with what are referred to now as snowflakes was to smack the crap out of them. It was simple, elegant, and effective.

I referred to a health class I took in high school on another thread. In that class was a segment on sex-ed. We had a guest speaker whom we lovingly referred to as "The Rubber Lady". She was a guest speaker who instructed us on the proper use of various types of birth control including a demonstration of how to put on a condom using, ahem...a dildo.

During that demonstration every guy in the class sprung wood and everyone knew it. That is how its supposed to work. The woman doing the demonstration was absolutely gorgeous and wearing one of the shortest skirts I have ever seen. I don't think there was a guy in the class who heard a single word she said after, "Tear open the packet..."

My point is that guys are supposed to be distracted/attracted to girls. But you have to teach them to be man enough to control themselves and take responsibility for their own actions. Not cater to their every fragile little whim and make them weaker and more frail in the process.

I suggest a good game of dodge-ball, with volleyballs - not those wussy little red plastic things, followed by running laps until that cheerleader uniform starts looking good again.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I suggest a good game of dodge-ball, with volleyballs - not those wussy little red plastic things, followed by running laps until that cheerleader uniform starts looking good again.

They're not allowed to play dodgeball like that anymore. It's too aggressive and manly.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

So, i have to know ... did they take the suggestive forms out of the whole to prove their point or did they start with the suggestive forms and them construct the finished whole around them? If the latter, then this video proves less than it thinks. Of course, if it's the former, then the artist also had to find the suggestive bit of the picture and then reconstruct the whole from the suggestive bit.

So what does this say about the artist?

Although, I did guess the first bit was a crocodile because the YouTube start logo broke up the picture and thus stopped my mind from seeing bewbs over eyes.

It's just an exercise in matrixing. The mind wants to make sense of what it sees.
edit on 19-9-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No, I didn't make it up, but I'm also not sure how you resurrect a catalog from over 10 years ago either.

The decision was made in 2014.

According to WWD, Leslie H. Wexner, the chairman and CEO of parent company L. Brands Inc., has decided to trim the apparel collections currently offered at Victoria's Secret. Items set to be cut include wovens, outerwear, denim and some dresses. The brand's Pink collection will not be affected.

Oh, gee, look ... not lying.

EDIT

www.google.com... hUK5SYKHQGECW0QsAQIGw#tbm=isch&q=images+of+Victoria%27s+secret+dresses

Just for fun I went and found an image gallery of the dresses they used to sell. Some nice looking stuff, and maybe you can see why I made the connection with our gal's dress when you look at some of these.

See all that you had to write in an attempt to justify one sentence.

originally posted by: ketsuko
No, her clothing came out of Victoria's Secret which is designed to be skin tight no matter what your body is.

Either you assumed we would naturally understand what you "really" meant (which I'm more confused about now) or you perhaps searched her name on google with another descriptor/s and it brought up a line from Anne Patrice Browns book. Perhaps "She was dressed in a long, filmy, nearly see-through white negligee straight out of Victoria's Secret."

At a glance you assumed it was referring to the teacher.
Easy to do and not intentional, possibly a little embarrassing.

Less embarrassing then explaining strategies to look down teacher's tops however, so you're still ahead.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Thread would've been way better with way more pics.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Let me load some. . . . .

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join