It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Whats Appropriate Wear For Females in School

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
We have a lot to get upset about.

A teacher dressing "sexy" is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay low on the list of concerns.

When I had a sexy teacher flashing some cleavage or wearing something tight which hugged her tushy in a mesmerizing manner, I would get excited about those classes, look forward to them, do my homework and try to impress her.

It made me a better student. Shame on the progressives for not wanting better students.
edit on 19-9-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

The issue is yours.

ironic af.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: MysticPearl
It's beyond ridiculous that some of the same people in here who argued mail vs female genitalia means little and that teenagers should just get over seeing members of the opposite sex changing in their locker rooms with them, are now the same ones arguing that this teacher should wear something a little less revealing.

Good lord, progressives make no sense.

Is there some reason you feel the need to bring Transgenders into almost every thread?

Yes, there are transgender children. The last thing they would want to do is expose themselves.

The issue is yours.

This reply makes no sense.

Can someone tell me what it's supposed to mean?

link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
When I had a sexy teacher flashing some cleavage or wearing something tight which hugged her tushy in a mesmerizing manner, I would get excited about those classes, look forward to them, do my homework and try to impress her.

I ended up bringing mine wine from the old man's wine cellar. Chateaneuf de Pape.

And it was my French teacher to boot.

link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

If we are going to live in a society where someone else gets to dictate how an individual can dress, then it becomes an authoritarian society.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The above dress has nothing to do with her body type. That dress is acting like a second-skin and is definitely the kind of dress you wear for a night out on the town, not at your job. Just because someone is shapely doesn't mean they have to wear clothes so tight they look painted on.

The test I like to do when considering if anything is sexist or racist is to reverse the roles and gauge how I feel.

What if a male teacher whore excessively tight clothing? Would you be ok with that too? What if he were teaching young children?

Would you still argue that the man is just wearing clothes and can't help if he is sexy?

Can you hear yourselves speak?

NO ONE needs to wear excessively tight clothes, and you really have to question the judgement and intent for someone that chooses to wear such clothes around children. I am not saying she is a pervert, but I am not saying she isn't either. I am pretty sure if she were a man you would think he was a pervert though...

Bottom line: her clothes are distracting and sends a message to young girls that they should dress in revealing and uncomfortable clothing that obviously limits mobility. Just like Barbie.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
im sorry where is the camel toe in the above picture? boobs are not genitals. try again
edit on 19-9-2016 by dreamlotus1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: primespickle

Barbie ain't got those kind of curves.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: MysticPearl

If we are going to live in a society where someone else gets to dictate how an individual can dress, then it becomes an authoritarian society.

Some would prefer Sharia, apparently. Deny that women have curves and hide those curves become some random chap might have 'in-pure thoughts', which of course doesn't even make sense since it's religion attempting to define what's an in-pure thought.

Of course, the progressive contradiction in all this is they defend the religions who would arrest and give 1000 lashes to this teacher for dressing how she did, while they also turn around and promote teenagers changing naked together in school locker rooms.

It's funny to sit here and watch them weave these webs of contradiction.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

That dress looks comfy as fug and sends the message that body's are beautiful and acceptable no matter how big your boobs are. To me, anyway.

I wear tight clothes and sometimes I don't wear clothes at all. But that's just me.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
While this teachers dress may have been slightly inappropriate for a school setting, I'm appalled by all the people who are proponents of a more restrictive dress code. Restricting womens/girls clothing isn't the answer, because all you're doing is telling girls that they should be ashamed of their natural bodies. That they shouldn't be happy in their own skin. That they should dress to please others. No! Women with self esteem issues is already a big concern. We don't need to stigmatize them any more.

link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111
a reply to: Annee

but you are the one with the problem not her. not her kids. why are you so concerned with her? bored? insecure with yourself?

Problem? By stating she knows exactly what's she's presenting in how she chooses to dress?

Insecure? LOL - - not even a little.

Why am I concerned with her? It's a discussion board. Not that into the political nonsense going on right now.

link   

May I ask, who are you to decide what's too tight and what is not? And who are you to decided where and when they can wear it?

You sound like the Saudis.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
why dont you people against this teachers outfit advocate to BAN SWIM CLASS. bathing suits that outline peoples bodies are not appropriate for school.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I am seeing her clothing as this degree of tight.

As I said, it's a wonderful dress and fine for her to wear. I'm just not sure it's really professional for a teacher.

She could still look just as wonderful in something just a tad less tight.
edit on 19-9-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

why dont you people against this teachers outfit advocate to BAN SWIM CLASS. bathing suits that outline peoples bodies are not appropriate for school.

You no longer have to ban swim class now that the burkini is a real piece of apparel.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Now you're body-shaming.

How progressive of you.

link   

Again, we are talking about appropriate to the situation.

Swim suits are appropriate to the swimming pool, and if you showed me a picture of this same teacher wearing a string bikini for swim class, I would still tell you she was dressed inappropriately to teach it despite a string bikini being swimwear and despite the fact she may look wonderful in it.

However, I'd bet you anything she'd look just as nice in a regular racer back one piece, and I'd invite her to absolutely wear that string bikini on the beach on the weekends.
edit on 19-9-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   

But but I don't care to see his junk, that's inappropriate, equally if she is camel toed, many would have a problem and I couldn't blame them, although hypocritically I wouldn't have that problem .

edit on 19-9-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This seems to me to be really an argument more about some of us questioning her judgment and taste rather than whether or not any of us think she should be allowed to wear the dress at all, ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join