It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Obama: Would be 'personal insult' to legacy if black voters don't back Clinton

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

'Ebonics lite'. Wow. And he never said it would personally insult him if people didn;t vot for Clinton.

This thread is quite a stretch.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I suppose I might should do an expended format piece of the WOD sections... although it wont do much good over the next few+ years unless Trump wins and has some secret plan to dismantle it (he might). I'm not holding my breath.
edit on 18-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

And he never said it would personally insult him if people didn;t vot for Clinton.

I noticed that too. Pointed it out a couple of times.
No response.

Weird.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

And he never said it would personally insult him if people didn;t vot for Clinton.

I noticed that too. Pointed it out a couple of times.
No response.

Weird.

Ya, deja vu.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
It's pretty safe to say who he means for them to vote for, no?

Obama makes a forceful case for Hillary Clinton, showing why he's an asset to her campaign

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Mmmm Interesting...

RA

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

This is all very predictable. The outgoing Democratic President who happens to be mixed race telling black people to go vote for the Democratic candidate? Did you expect something else? At all? Would anyone?

Congressional Black Caucus has exactly one Republican. They're also of course all black and a group of legislators that has the ostensible purpose of improving the lives of members of the black community. I'm sure that really rubs some people the wrong way but that's another conversation. It suffices to say that this group formed within 5 years of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 at a time when Nixon, whose administration was the first of the Southern Strategy, was President.

Again, it was unthinkable that they'd endorse the Republican. Even if the GOP candidate was black, the fact that they're all Democrats would have had them endorsing Clinton. The fact that the GOP candidate is a guy who has a lot of support from white nationalists and tweets bogus infographics from Stormfront? It's just impossible to think that anything else would have happened.

You can see how much Clinton is bending over backwards for the black vote with her use of the phrase, "have your back in the White House." That sounds like Ebonics lite to me.

So you're asying that she was dog whistling blacks essentially. Just like with the hot sauce in her purse comment. It's certainly possible. Both candidates are dog whistling their asses off. "I have your back" isn't an idiom that originates with black culture though. Perhaps if she'd gone for "I got your back."

The Obamaphone video? "Ebonics lite?" Doing your own racial virtue signalling I see. It's better when you do the same sort of thing?
edit on 2016-9-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Pretty sure who he would like them to vote for.
Doesn't change the fact that the headline is a lie because he said the "insult" would be if they did not vote at all.

edit on 9/18/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

What's funny is that people on both sides attempt to take the high ground.

Many people have overcome disdain of past enemies. Yet here we are, a nation not only taking pride in being the melting pot, but proving it. I've grown up and been friends with people around the world who've we directly killed parts of a generation in recent history.

The story in this thread is everyone falling into the trap. On this site we team together most of the time to point out disinformation. Our ideological diversity helps us find the real points. We work together as siblings and every four years we are estranged.

The same corruption, propaganda and fu**ed up agenda we fight 80 percent of the time, we fall victim to every cycle.

The media finds issues to devide us on every election cycle and they are damn good. I've witnessed it here against the best.

Everyone take a step back. Read some old threads. And remember we're on the same team, that goes for the wellbeing of all out siblings we share this world with. The best interest of the whole benefits all.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Obama makes a forceful case for Hillary Clinton, showing why he's an asset to her campaign

Obama is campaigning for Hillary Clinton. How could anyone think he's talking about anyone but her when he tells people to vote?

Obama Is Eager to Hit the Stump for Hillary Clinton and Shred Donald Trump

Can people read between the lines at all? This is as obvious as it gets without saying it outright. I agree with CNN on this issue; it's as clear as can be.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

"If I hear anybody saying their vote does not matter, that it doesn't matter who we elect -- read up on your history. It matters. We've got to get people to vote," Obama said. "I will consider it a personal insult -- an insult to my legacy -- if this community lets down its guard and fails to activate itself in this election. You want to give me a good sendoff? Go vote." 

Care to highlight for us where it was that he said it would be an insult if "black voters don't back Clinton"? It seems only to exist in the title...and someone's hyperbolic, woefully stunted imagination. Might want to fix that typo...before people think you're making up fairy tales.

link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

This is all very predictable. The outgoing Democratic President who happens to be mixed race telling black people to go vote for the Democratic candidate? Did you expect something else? At all? Would anyone?

Congressional Black Caucus has exactly one Republican. They're also of course all black and a group of legislators that has the ostensible purpose of improving the lives of members of the black community. I'm sure that really rubs some people the wrong way but that's another conversation. It suffices to say that this group formed within 5 years of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 at a time when Nixon, whose administration was the first of the Southern Strategy, was President.

Again, it was unimaginable that they'd endorse the Republican. Even if the GOP candidate was black, the fact that they're all Democrats would have had them endorsing Clinton. The fact that the GOP candidate is a guy who has a lot of support from white nationalists and tweets bogus infographics from Stormfront? That makes it unimaginable that they would do anything else.

You can see how much Clinton is bending over backwards for the black vote with her use of the phrase, "have your back in the White House." That sounds like Ebonics lite to me.

So you're sying that she was dog whistling blacks essentially. Just like with the hot sauce in her purse comment. It's certainly possible. Both candidates are dog whistling their asses off. "I have your back" isn't an idiom that originates with black culture though. Perhaps if she'd gone for "I got your back."

The Obamaphone video? Doing your own racially based virtue signalling I see.

They all have the purpose of helping the black community? They always preach that they will help them, but they never do. The black community is so much more impoverished than ever before. Someone has been LYING.

Can you guess who??
edit on 18-9-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: slider1982

She does not seem very informed. The name 'obamaphone lady' is even misleading, Obama did not start the phone program- it gives 250 min a month on a dumb phone.

Regardless, Alex found one black woman to talk on his show. Ok then.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Can people read between the lines at all?

You're probably not going to like how people read between the lines of your OP.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Oh whoops, beers and haste.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Can people read between the lines at all? This is as obvious as it gets without saying it outright.
Can't people read between the line at all? This is as obvious as it gets without saying it outright.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Well, yeah, Clinton needs all the votes she can get. I don't think she and Obama have a good relationship according to Colin's hacked emails but of course Obama is gonna campaign for her because Democrat. That and Hillary isn't tweeting white supremacist propaganda and isn't supported by them.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

HooHaa,
Have you read this one?

"The Golden Bough"
3rd Edition, 12 Volumes.
James George Frazer

Not exactly summer reading,
but I read it anyway.

It took him from 1906 to 1915 to write
and publish.