It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Bees We Need Indeed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Your hair would make a nice place for a hive, give it a try!

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Child labour? WTF?

It's a holistic problem. Making it all about pesticide is to overlook other factors.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Until they come after you
in the form of a 50,000 strong
Black Mass.

Not by God, those Epipens
aren't cheap.

HooHaa

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

You think I'm John Lithgow?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Wait... John, is that really you? What are you doing here, and why are you calling yourself 'Phage'?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
PS, Einstein didn't say that. And, North America didn't have honeybees before the Europeans arrived, about 1622.

Although true that the western hemisphere didn't have the European honey bee before European contact, there were different species of honey bees here. The bumble bee is but one example.

Their are many insect pollinators besides bees. Of course, like many other insects, they are specialized to pollinate certain plants. I've been seeing a lot of European honey bees around my place this year, at one point the house was being swarmed it seemed.

Since I've cleared the trees out from around the house, many different wildflowers have been taking over. I've seen many different pollinators including honey bees, bumble bees (at least 3 types), hover flies, wasps, hornets (many kinds), butterflies, ants, and a number of others.

Your point is valid concerning native plants and their native pollinators, but the European honey bee is a general pollinator that visits almost any flower and is invaluable to our monoculture farming system.
edit on 18-9-2016 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I have to admit that when I read your posts, it's John Lithgow's voice I'm hearing in my head. If they make a movie about you Phage, they should have John play your character.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I dont know about Monsanto products being the biggest killer of bees , i thought the bee mite was their biggest threat .
en.wikipedia.org...

As of mid-2012, Australia is thought to be free of the mite.[9][10] In early 2010, an isolated subspecies of bee was discovered in Kufra (southeastern Libya) that appears to be free of the mite.[11] The Hawaiian islands of Maui, Kauai, Molokai, and Lanai are all free of the mite.

Not many places still free of the mite .

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

bees...and bats!!!! both really important to keep humaity alive! good thread...are the hybrid killer bees srill causing a lot of probems....don't hear much about them

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

"Without honey bees, human race will be over in 4 years"

It can be attributed to Maurice Maeterlinck in his book The Life of the Bee, first publish in 1901.

Maurice Maeterlinck is a Nobel Prize winner from Belgium.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Something is killing them, Chemtrails maybe? The mites have always been around, so I do not think they could kill an entire species everywhere.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: galien8

oohh bats give me creeps, do tell, what besides a ton of guano do they do for us, I am not familiar and I will not be researching them because, dracula.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

ooops that was intended for research above you.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

oohh bats give me creeps, do tell, what besides a ton of guano do they do for us, I am not familiar and I will not be researching them because, dracula.

<< 1   >>

join