It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange DeJa Vu while acting on HBO series

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I have debated whether to post this but I've had the strangest instance of deja vu while being involved with the filming of a HBO series.
I've signed a confidentiality agreement to not reveal details about the storyline but I'll leave some breadcrumbs so that you can google it (if you wish to verify).

This is a series currently being filmed in Clunes, Victoria Australia. I am an extra on set and this is a big deal for the local economy. There are over 150 locals hired as extras for this scene.

The main actor and actress for this scene are Australian and I recognised the woman straight away but I couldn't put my finger on who she was or where I saw her. I assumed that being an actress I've seen her in one of her other movies but I am yet to work out what.

So this main character has a long monologue during the scene and she says the words "airey-fairy". As soon as I heard this word it evoked a memory of the actors rehearsing this scene. I remembered her running through the lines and she wasn't wearing the costume she was currently in but casual jeans and a long sleeved top. In the memory she said the monologue and stopped after "airy fairy" broke character and said "Maybe I should say it 'airrrry faiiirrryy" instead".

I also remember the man who was reading his lines with her wasn't actually the guy who was on set reading them now. In the memory there was another lady who explained that "XXXX here will be reading the lines for [character z] today". I don't know whether the actor couldn't make it or whether he hadn't been chosen yet.

Nothing else during the scene was familiar except the monologue, the actress and that the male actor was different.

Everyone gets deja vu and when it's happened to me it has only been less than a second of familiarity. This memory is as clear as any others I've had. I have never been in a situation where I could have seen the actors rehearse. I'm not a professional extra this was a fluke that answered a local ad and was selected. I know nothing of the storyline and actually haven't seen the first few seasons of the show.

Any ideas what this could be? or perhaps anyone had something like this happen to them before??

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I always saw Deja Vu as a marker that you are right where you should be in that moment... as a form of precognition. A future self you haven't caught up with until it occurs but the paths diverge yet crossed. Multiverse business of multiple yous all going in different and sometimes the same direction... gives new meaning to the path not taken eh?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

Are you just posting this to get some recognition for being a prop on an HBO miniseries? Like do you want ATS to put you up on a celebrity platform? Maybe be the face of the website? Get some endorsements?

I know, I know...I'm an @ss. But this doesn't bring us any closer to understanding deja vu. Deja Vu happens to everyone. It's nothing rare or exciting. And yours is brief and pretty uneventful. You could have told the whole thing without mentioning it was on the top secret set of the HBO miniseries "The Leftovers". And it would have been the same brief, uneventful deja vu.

edit on 18-9-2016 by Assassin82 because: Spelling

edit on 18-9-2016 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Deja vu happens to a lot of people. I think I ma y have found it. A main actress would be the daughter of a rock star.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
I always saw Deja Vu as a marker that you are right where you should be in that moment... as a form of precognition. A future self you haven't caught up with until it occurs but the paths diverge yet crossed. Multiverse business of multiple yous all going in different and sometimes the same direction... gives new meaning to the path not taken eh?

I've always considered Deja Vu the same way.

They're sort of like "mile markers" on your the path of one's life-course.

I've had many.

And then there are some that offer the opportunity to "change course"; being "in the moment", knowing what is about to happen, you get a split second to change the outcome of the moment.

Choose Wisely!

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
No, the main actress of this scene was Australian no rockstar daughters in sight.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82

Are you just posting this to get some recognition for being a prop on an HBO miniseries? Like do you want ATS to put you up on a celebrity platform? Maybe be the face of the website? Get some endorsements?

I know, I know...I'm an @ss. But this doesn't bring us any closer to understanding deja vu. Deja Vu happens to everyone. It's nothing rare or exciting. And yours is brief and pretty uneventful. You could have told the whole thing without mentioning it was on the top secret set of the HBO miniseries "The Leftovers". And it would have been the same brief, uneventful deja vu.

haha not for recognition it was just an overall cool experience. Besides I am literally some mofo in the background I'm sure only the back of my head will ever be seen! The "rockstar's daughter" wasn't in the scene nor were there any major hollywood types.

But my experience of deja vu has always been a feeling of being in this point of time before for a brief second and never as a whole memory of an event which I never experienced.

+++++++++++++++++++
I just realised that I didn't explain myself very well: the memory that I call deja vu is of an event that I have never lived before. I have never been to, or had anything to do with any acting before let alone this production. I live in Clunes and answered a local ad for extras for some cash. I called this memory Deja Vu but it is of an event that I have never witnessed before, I have never been to an actors reading of the script, nor have I seen this australian female actress before in my life. I guess logically this could be some sort of false memory/imagination but it was so real and unlike anything I've experienced before.

Could this have been some sort of "remote viewing"?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

It's www.imdb.com...
Click the actors name to see a list of her other works...
edit on 9/18/16 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Exactly and the 3 choices for everything? To do, not do, or do something else. I frequently choose the being nobody going nowhere of pure objectivity to what is arising and passing moment to moment to moment. Those that make any assumptions or have expectations are always lost in that non action even when action is occurring.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Then perhaps you were sleeping during rehearsals and had an out of body experience at the rehearsal... you could look up "airy fairy" and see if it isn't just a memory that over lapped from somewhere else and when this occurred the two melted in together appearing same but yet not the same recall and experience of new at the same time morphed together as one moment.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I get da ja vu a lot.must agree its pretty weird.. I'm no expert but I've spent some time thinking about it here are my thoughts on it

I think it has to do with the fact your subconsciousnes mind/brain has to collect and render all the data coming into your brain before feeding it to your consciousnes mind.

Everything you see,smell touch and taste has to go into brain first to be processed.there's a delay between this and I think that during that time under certain circumstances (new experiences/very exciting ones like being a extra on a hbo series
) and there's some leakage of some information from the subconsciousness and is interpreted like you've done it before.. Because technically your brain had to render it and then show you..

I dont think We observe in real time and there's a delay between the data coming in( your brain is always taking in info) and the consciousnes actions of your consciousnes mind...
edit on 18-9-2016 by SynchronousSnake because: Typos

edit on 18-9-2016 by SynchronousSnake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SynchronousSnake

What experiences real time? Sight moves at the speed of light which is 186000 miles per second‎ ‎/ 299792458 meters per second‎... sound travels one kilometer in 2.914 seconds a mile in 4.689 seconds, Touch, taste, are on close to instant and a smell may never occur until it happens. These 5 separate consciousnesses of awareness moving at different speeds but happen in real time? Try focusing fully on more than 2 senses at the the same time you'll find it is an almost impossibility... it is possible but the mind needs to be trained to become silent and not move to each consciousness and then it becomes the same as all pervasive space and can react in an instant to whatever is arising as it is arising because that's when real time actually occurs when the mind does not make any distinction between the 5 as ever separate.

Some can experience color as a taste same way as sound so which consciousness is going to the sensory input and arriving there first with the mind? The one most attached too... if that is just mind itself? Then it is always there in the present such a thing can lead to omnipotence because it is a side effect of that omnipresence.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The clarity you experienced compared to your previous deja vu events means you're becoming more "aware", "awakened". I get those, too - sometimes it'll be in dream form and the event won't occur until years later but it will happen exactly as experienced in the dream.

As for the rehearsing lines with someone other than the actor, that other person was either a stand-in or an acting coach. It could also have been her audition, where they would have perhaps hired someone to read the other role. (I work in the industry, as an actor, background performer/extra and stunt actor.)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I have had similar things happen, but nothing quite that clear. More a case of a conversation seeming very familiar, and knowing what someone would say. Very strange, for certain! That you recall the lines, and a different actor for one part, is a bit freaky. Like some alternate reality. Sometimes, I swear, someone will say something, and I respond, and they look all confused, like they have no idea why I said what I did, and claim they didn't hear what I know I heard! Not just a case of hearing something wrong, either, more like a scene from that STNG episode with the alternate realities. Strange stuff!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I've had Deja vu about Liv Tyler before...... hmm or have i ?

new topics

top topics

join