It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Shortage In The South: Get Some Gas!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Local news. If it was a big lie, it would probably be on national news?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I'm sure that Chicago gas prices will increase too. The last time a refinery was taken off-line in Louisiana, our gasoline jumped by 50 cents a gallon. Any excuse for a hike.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I'm sure that Chicago gas prices will increase too. The last time a refinery was taken off-line in Louisiana, our gasoline jumped by 50 cents a gallon. Any excuse for a hike.

I don't disagree with you there. About excuses for regions that should not be effected. But this is already happening along the pipeline. Not a 50 cent increase, but stores being completely out of gas.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I saw it local, but more from FNC... they had there "breaking news" alert deal on the disruption of the east coast pipeline... due to a failure in Alabama IIRC.... the last portions of the report sadi the line should be up and running early next week..

It just reminded me of the "incoming HURRICANE" alerts... BE SURE TO STOCK UP ON SUPPLIES.... Milk Bread Eggs etc etc...

YMMV

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Ahhh...the Headless Chicken Syndrome.

What does that mean?

If you've ever had a hurricane eyewall coming straight at you.... everyone going insane trying to buy gas and everything else.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Is that Fox news? It popped up on my news aggregator on the 16th and not from FOX. There were no links form FOX.

It is always a good idea to 'stock up' a bit before say, a HURRICANE. That would be water and dry goods, mainly.

There is no way to be able to say if this is important or not...well it wasn't when I made my thread. Now, the OP here has first hand, real world effects.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Ahhh...the Headless Chicken Syndrome.

What does that mean?

If you've ever had a hurricane eyewall coming straight at you.... everyone going insane trying to buy gas and everything else.

I have been in emergency situations like that. I would not be buying 'gas and everything else' while the 'eye'wall' was coming straight at me.

I understand what you mean, it can be used as a tool to cause buying things. But this time, there is very little media coverage.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I noticed gas prices here in western SC jumped 20 cents at several stations around town in just two days. I was wondering what was going on until I read about it on Saturday. I remember hearing in the news just a few days ago that there was a huge oil and gasoline surplus. It figures they would come up with a way to jack up prices. I believe it may backfire. I usually drive extra on the weekend but stayed home this weekend. I won't be putting any gas in my car for at least a week. However I had a planned road trip with others this week so I hope gas stations don't leave me stranded in Carolinas.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter

I am not sure they 'came up with a way'. But, it is possible.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I don't disagree with you there. About excuses for regions that should not be effected. But this is already happening along the pipeline. Not a 50 cent increase, but stores being completely out of gas.

My primary gas station (BP Amoco) says that every night their tanks approach empty. The trucks arrive at 2am and pump in 17,000 gallons. I have no doubt that your local station(s) are all out of gas. But it's interesting how little planning goes into formulating alternative sources. I suppose it would be up to the Federal Government to do this.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Well that's a good thing then.

When the Weather Channel shows people lined up literally to the back wall of Home Depot, it's pretty clear the instructions of what you "should" be doing.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I doubt there will be much of a shortage here in Michigan and I should of had at least 5 gallons for the generator, but I used it for lawn mowing so I could rotate to fresh gas soon. I would fill the tank, but money is really tight. Just got into a new job really close to home, but won't have my first paycheck for two weeks. It sucks, but I could get to the job if I had to ride a bicycle or possibly catch a ride from a neighbor who also works there.

I just have to kick myself in the butt for being caught off guard for sure. An infrastructure problem is one of those possibilities and really drives home being prepared. Hopefully this becomes an election issue like the roads and bridges should be.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
wlos.com...

abcnews.go.com...

Prices will probably go up here if they haven't already. They actually never fell very far this summer. With shipping gas down south that will be the excuse.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This gas shortage related to the Alabama pipeline break is being discussed here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join