It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quran only Muslims vs current believers( virtually all Muslims)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

TY. That was the point of this thread. To make non muslims aware of a small but growing group that only believe the Quran and do not follow the hadiths. These are the type of muslims that easily fit in any society.

I must also apologise to some as I was way too hard in calling them satanic. Did not mean to disrespect them.

I will keep it civil from now on.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: saracene
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

TY. That was the point of this thread. To make non muslims aware of a small but growing group that only believe the Quran and do not follow the hadiths. These are the type of muslims that easily fit in any society.

I must also apologise to some as I was way too hard in calling them satanic. Did not mean to disrespect them.

I will keep it civil from now on.

Thank you for the thread. It is progress and I agree that it is in the right direction.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Agree it is a start. I had to start this conversation because whenever non muslims quote the hadiths, it is a complete distortion of Islam.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I was hesitant to post in this thread because I'm against your overall message. You're openly attacking Hadith and Sunna following Muslims, literally coming off the same way Salafis and Wahhabis do. They also claim the only "true" Muslims are the ones who follow their perspectives. Some of them even take that to the extreme and say it's ok to oppress, discriminate against, and/or kill those "fake" Muslims. In fact, ISIS and several of those other groups justify their wars against Shiites by saying they must first "purge" Islam of its "impure" sects before they can attack their larger enemies.

I think the overall message here should be that it's ok to strictly follow the Qur'an, just as it's ok to follow various Hadith and Sunna. The only real problem is when people try to force their beliefs onto others or require others to follow their interpretations. If that weren't the case, then God wouldn't have counted Christians, Jews, Magians, and Sabians as fellow "People of the Book/Scripture" (Surah 2:62, Surah 5:69, and Surah 22:17). After all, their theological teachings should be much more "controversial" to a Qur'anist when compared to the teachings of the Hadith and Sunna. Yet the Qur'an still considers them believers.

And for the record, the Hadith and Sunna are not all bad. In fact, there are many good lessons in them and there are many things in them which go along with the Qur'an. I personally doubt the authenticity of most of them and I agree that the Prophet Muhammad and the first 9 or so Caliphs forbade any Islamic "scriptures" other than the Qur'an. Then again, I also doubt the authenticity of virtually every other set of "religious Scriptures" throughout the world, even if I accept some of the points in them.

However, I'll never begrudge someone who accepts any of these "Scriptures" as long as they don't try to force it onto others. That's also exactly how I feel about every other religion since I actually agree with Surah Kafirun/Kafiroon, which commands tells us to tell disbelievers "unto you your beliefs and unto me mine".

Besides, I think it's pretty arrogant and foolish to frame this as "Qur'anists vs current believers/virtually all Muslims". If anything, you should've framed this as "practicing Qur'anists vs practicing followers of various Sunna and Hadith vs non-practicing or barely-practicing Muslims ". Because the vast majority of Muslims are no different than the followers of any other major religion; meaning they only follow bits and pieces of their Scriptures and local interpretations from their region's dominant denomination.

You can't credibly fault most Muslims for some obscure crap in a controversial Hadith anymore than you can fault most Christians for one of the controversial quotes from Martin Luther. That's because the vast majority of people from all religions spend far more of their time focused on their daily lives, and barely know even the basics from their Scriptures. Many Muslims in incredibly poor regions don't even have a Qur'an of their own. Ironically, I consider many of those people to be the purest of Humankind because they don't typically get caught up in the foolish fights over dogma and semantics that the "religious elites" do. And regardless of the organized religion they claim, their core spiritual beliefs tend to center around the basic tenets of good vs evil.

For the record, I consider myself a Muslim in the original sense of the word. I didn't become a Muslim because of the Scriptures or the stories of the Prophets or their companions/disciples/lineage, etc. I only became a Muslim because of my personal relationships with God & Shaytan. As in, I only accept the Qur'an as authentic because God told me too. And even though I've read the Qur'an in full many times, I refuse to worship a book. Instead, I prefer to ask God directly for guidance as a normal part of my life. Sometimes, He'll point me a specific passage and other times He'll inspire me to consult a fellow believer. But other times, He'll either answer me directly in my heart or mind, He'll put in check, or He'll set up a hilarious string of "coincidences" until I get my answer.
edit on 19-9-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Ironically, I consider many of those people to be the purest of Humankind because they don't typically get caught up in the foolish fights over dogma and semantics that the "religious elites" do. And regardless of the organized religion they claim, their core spiritual beliefs tend to center around the basic tenets of good vs evil.

The souls that are beautiful since they have not gotten screwed up by duality separation hiding in texts.

Instead, I prefer to ask God directly for guidance as a normal part of my life. Sometimes, He'll point me a specific passage and other times He'll inspire me to consult a fellow believer. But other times, He'll either answer me directly in my heart or mind, He'll put in check, or He'll set up a hilarious string of "coincidences" until I get my answer.

Somebody guiding you with a tool you will respond to. Synchronicity is a very real and I do not doubt your experience. It can be eye opening how some ideas are rejected and some ideas are emphasized when you are guided.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join