It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Multiple people injured in Chelsea explosion (NYC)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Damn, the SJW's have finally gotten dangerous.

This is scary stuff.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
3 Attacks in one Day!

WOW.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
Looks like an explosion in the Chelsea area of Manhattan tonight...

pix11.com...

CHELSEA, Manhattan — Multiple people were injured during an outdoor explosion in Chelsea Saturday night.

The explosion happened at 135 23rd St. between Sixth and Seventh avenues.

It was not immediately clear how many people were injured or the severity of their injuries. Preliminary reports indicate at least 14 minor injuries.

The FDNY is on the scene with the NYPD Counterterrorism Unit.

The explosion comes after a pipe bomb exploded in Seaside Park, New Jersey near the Semper Five 5K Charity Run Route. The device was placed in a garbage can.

Just breaking... I hope the folks stay safe....

EDIT: Reuters is now reporting and CNN is on the scene interviewing people.

This is horrible. I live in NYC. I know so many people living in places like Chelsea. I literally just paid for a one month long yoga course in Chelsea starting in October, probably two blocks from the bomb site. The scary thing about living in NYC or any other known targeted urban area (such as DC, London, etc), is the knowledge that military or terrorist attacks are more likely here.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkmadness
It's not a possibility it's a probability.

It's just a matter of time which is why I stay out of major metro areas anymore, they are hell zones of idiotic people, bad driving and selfishness.

That's a bit ridiculous, and callous. I live in NYC. I go to Chelsea all of the time. So do many wonderful people. Furthermore, the probability is actually incredibly low that someone would be caught in a terrorist attack here. You are far more likely to be killed or injured in a "normal" incident, such as a car crash or robbery. That is true across the US.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Latest reporting is 26 injured, no fatalities thanfully: 23 with minor injuries, 1 with moderate injuries and 2 statuses unknown.

I'm very happy to hear that no-one was killed!

(post by wangyueyue removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
5 people are in custody.

Sources: Up to 5 People in FBI Custody in Connection With NY Bombing, Following Traffic Stop

As many as five people were taken into FBI custody Sunday night in connection with Saturday's explosion in Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood, following a traffic stop on the Belt Parkway in Brooklyn, just off the Verrazano–Narrows Bridge, which connects the New York City boroughs of Brooklyn and Staten Island, law enforcement sources tell ABC News.

The FBI's New York field office confirmed a "traffic stop" had been conducted, but did not elaborate. "We did a traffic stop of a vehicle of interest in the investigation. No one has been charged with any crime. The investigation is continuing," read a tweet.

According to The Associated Press, the individuals were taken to an FBI building in lower Manhattan to be questioned.

The FBI may be looking for additional suspects, the sources tell ABC News.

As ABC News previously reported, multiple law enforcement officials tell ABC News that investigators are exploring the possibility the two explosions in New York and New Jersey are linked to the same bomber or bombers by what appear to be similar types of cell phones.

And on Sunday night, multiple law enforcement officials also told ABC News that police would like to talk to a male seen on surveillance images recovered from both 23rd Street in Manhattan, where the explosion occurred, and a few blocks uptown on 27th Street, where a secondary device was found.

Police have not identified the aforementioned man, as they are seeking to figure out who he is since he appears in videos from both locations. He also has not been characterized as a person of interest. It is also unknown if that male is related in anyway to those taken into custody Sunday night.

The explosive device in New Jersey and the one that caused the blast in New York City were both set off with cell phones, according to two law enforcement officials who have been briefed on the case. The other, possible explosive device found near the blast site in New York City also had a cell phone connected to it.

Authorities cautioned that this is only a line of inquiry and not a conclusion. The probes remain "separate investigations," the FBI and officials in New York said.

Click link for article...

Looks like the detonation of the 2 devices (1 in NY and the 1 in NJ) were set off by cell phones.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

the various attacks in Manhattan/ NJ / MN in a compressed time frame was right upon the heels of the USA+Coalition mercilessly attacking the unsuspecting Syrian Military who though they were immune from airstrikes by way of the USA-Russian cease-fire agreement --- immediately I suspect the whole batch of terror strikes in the homeland is to divert attention from the USA misdeeds in Syria

Exactly!

I also find it suspicious timing due to the relase of this study published in the Europhysics Magazine which pretty much states the three WTC building were brought down by controlled demolition!

With this coming out and you can best believe it is distraction time!

“It bears repeating that fires have never caused the total collapse of a steel-framed high-rise before or since 9/11. Did we witness an unprecedented event three separate times on September 11, 2001? The NIST [U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology] reports, which attempted to support that unlikely conclusion, fail to persuade a growing number of architects, engineers, and scientists. Instead, the evidence points overwhelmingly to the conclusion that all three buildings were destroyed by controlled demolition. Given the far-reaching implications, it is morally imperative that this hypothesis be the subject of a truly scientific and impartial investigation by responsible authorities.”

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
This is what i think: This was planned assasination/target bombing and random people were hired to put briefcases on certain locations or agents were send to do so.

Someone found out about the plan and when the briefcases were left, they dumped the inside into nearb trash containers. Probably they couldnt risk scaring the guy carying the suitcase or they just couldnt attack them.

The bombs were rigged so at certain time a phone hidden somewhere to ring, causing the bombs to explode.

Ifit were not for the 2 brave man that went against the heinous organisation, much more would be dead and hurt.

I am convinced this is the case based on the constant flow of information. The dark web forums probably knows more.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: tiredoflookingbecause if he reports they were related and they were radical islam then the city would freak out. why because they would know that the nypd and fed ,state ,and local gov can't protect them

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

and no steel framed building has been impacted by a massive jet loaded with enough fuel to make it from the east coast to west coast let alone be structu4rally compromised by the high speed impact.

Although using the paranoia one could argue Russia is behind the US attack. After all the Russian government perpetrated bombings against their own people in order to justify a war, 2 of them, in Chechnya.

This was not perpetrated by the US government as a distraction in Syria. Secondly it wasnt US personnel who were killed and the US was not the only nation involved in that attack.
edit on 19-9-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I honestly think that at some level at all three events may have been connected and that the hope was to boost Trump, by some shadowy faction that's been listening to his signals about wanting to advance the cause of the police-state surveillance society, where the knife guy was in a type of wedged pressure cooker of sorts himself as a monitored and managed asset and so they knew what day he was going to go off. The events were designed intentionally do have minimal casualties and maximum psychological and political impact.

I think It was a gift designed for Trump and Trump was like a kid in a candy store when he announced it prematurely in Colorado.

That's what my gut instinct tells me. Black op psy-ops.

And how much do you want to bet that they don't catch a soul for either the NJ or NYC bombings because those don't look like patsy operations.

Who dares to do such a thing, with the full intention of getting away with it but a highly trained and specialized operator(s).

Why did such advanced CIA types use simple pressure cooker bombs/IED's? To evoke the Boston bombing, which was ISIS inspired and to create the sense that home grown terrorism on the homeland is on the rise, so the first thing out of Trump's mouth is about getting tough, is surveillance and police state type tightening.

But it didn't work, because at some level these things are just getting too transparent, and everyone smells a rat of some kind deep down at an almost unconscious, intuitive level.

But since the gig is up, and the good guy hounds might be on their tracks, let's hope they refrain from any more that might kill a lot of people unnecessarily.

Pretty evil and wicked stuff I realize but I wouldn't put it past some of them, and Trump has been asking and begging for it all along at some level.

Note the knife wielder was from the Somali immigrant community..?

edit on 19-9-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

So were the other terrorist attacks that occurred in the US over the last 2 years also designed to help Trump also? What about the attacks prior to the last election? Were they designed to help trump?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Looks like the person who placed / detonated the bombs in NJ was the same person who planted and detonated them in NY.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

No but they're all or almost all designed to yank the same old chain.

Trump has just been making the strongest appeal in that direction with vows to leverage from it increase intelligence, surveillance and policing measure, ie: great militarization of the bureaucracy.

There are a lot of highly sophisticated sick f's would gladly help out I'm sure, given those kinds of promises, and so it's not out of the realm of possible that the closer the election gets, the greater the likelihood of such events as a political tool, but not of ISIS, not really.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Multi ple devices found outside New Jersey train station; 1 explodes after robot tries to disarm it

Five suspicious devices were found in a backpack near a New Jersey train station Sunday night. One exploded when a bomb squad robot tried to disarm it.

Elizabeth Mayor Christian Bollwage said two men called police and reported seeing wires and a pipe coming out of the package after finding it in a trash can around 8:30 p.m.

Media at the scene reported hearing a loud explosion and smelling gunpowder at around 12:40 a.m. Monday after Bollwage said earlier that the Union County bomb squad’s robotic device indicated that the package could’ve been a live bomb. There was no report of injuries following the explosion.

click link for article.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Which makes sense considering Obama / Clintons policies have failed.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vdogg
a reply to: Power_Semi
Have they caught someone? Do you know who did this?

No they haven't, but it doesn't matter who it is, they are doing it for some "cause" or to right some kind of perceived "injustice".

Some politicians will sympathise with why they've done it, without condoning it, but it's politically correct nonsense politics that leads to this kind of situation.

People end up where they are because of their own choices and there own actions, not because of the color of their skin, or their religion, or gender, or sexuality, or ethnicity, or nationality, etc.

Pandering to their fantasy that they would now be something amazing if only the shadowy racists/xenophobes/sexists/homophobes/bigots hadn't held them back is lunacy, these whining professional victims need a big kick up the ass, not a shoulder to cry on.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Ah, so here it is, division thinking just like the ME people think about each other. Americans, including our children have been attacked. You must be on their side to promote this division and the idea that either candidate are capable of this.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
Damn, the SJW's have finally gotten dangerous.

This is scary stuff.

It would appear so......
edit on 19-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join