It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Multiple people injured in Chelsea explosion (NYC)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
When you look at this list of attacks on and in the USA, en.wikipedia.org... , you realize that a lot of people are killed and injured by "terror", here in America.

There seems to be interesting thresholds that dictate how much attention a given attack gets.

Just to add a bit of perspective, Statistically more people are killed by lawn mowers each year. in fact, you are more likely to die choking on a foot long sub than die in a terrorist attack.
edit on 18-9-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Really sorry but I thought after reading the title I thought that Clintons kid had gone all jihad.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED

originally posted by: carewemust
Hillary says that Trump is jumping the gun by declaring this a terrorist attack.

NO HE IS NOT JUMPING THE GUN.

Yes he is.

An explosion has rocked Manhattan's bustling Chelsea neighbourhood injuring at least 29 people, in an incident authorities said was being investigated as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organisation.

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio and other city officials said investigators had ruled out a natural gas leak as the origin of the blast, but they stopped short of calling it a bombing and declined to specify precisely what they believed may have triggered the explosion.

Trump seems to be terrified of everything. Someone blows a car horn too close to him and he thinks Al Qaeda has invaded.

edit on 18/9/2016 by MongolianPaellaFish because: added some other stuffs

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Anyone else notice how the media is talking about these incidents?

Using IED instead of bomb. Urging people to remain calm. No links between this and the incident with the 5k run?

Looking at the reporting via a political standpoint its like the media is doing all it can to play this down to protect obama / clinton from backlash from their failed policies.

yup;.. its an election year all right.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Agreed totally.

But I can't figure out who benefits. Is it Trump, who can point to a more dangerous world due to Obama/Clinton policies or is it Clinton, who can say Trump is to unstable/un-serious for such dangerous times?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Puppylove

Addendum: Oh oh oh oh I know what caused the leap I know what caused the leap. The first debate is coming up, and there was a thread saying some false flag would probably occur, something about letting something happen, that would force us to skip the debate or something. I'm betting a vague memory of that combined with this is where the leap came from.

Gotcha.

Another piece of information for everyone. The building at 135 West 23rd St is:

Selis Manor

WHAT IS SELIS MANOR? Located at 135 West 23rd Street in the Chelsea section of Manhattan, Selis Manor is a 14-story residential building that houses 200 visually impaired and physically disabled tenants, their families and service dogs.

perhaps thats why they chose that location - too kill some people and get rid of useless eaters (from their perspective) at the same time.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Donald Trump sure didn't handle the sharing of the news about it very well. Told Colorado supporters before any real details were known or released that "a bomb went off in New York" then proceeded to talk about the need to get tough, meaning police state-like, and then talked about his poll numbers. It was horrible, and it's in all the newspapers.

Very inappropriate and uncomfortable the speed with which he wanted to try to take advantage of it, even before knowing anything about it.

On top of talking about "what would happen to Hillary if her guards were disarmed" the other day, and it's starting to look almost creepy, imho.

And it happens in the middle of a road in Chelsea... is that a "sign" or a threat of some kind directed towards Hillary Clinton?

Have they caught the bomb maker yet? Will they? Was this a black op, but thankfully one in which no one was killed? A gift directed Trump's way maybe?

I don't know.. thing's that make ya go hmmmm...

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

But I can't figure out who benefits.

I can tell you.
Big brother will profit, the shadow government of puppet masters (of puppets like Obama, Clinton, Trump etc.
Those Nazi/StaSi style secret service data gatherers will profit.
Those invisible individuals who spy on all western citizens 24/7!

As after every attack since 9/11!
Same as it ever was since 9/11!

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I think in this case its the media protecting obama and clinton in hopes of preventing a political backlash that Trump could use against Clinton in the election. He has already stated electing Hillary would be a continuation of obamas failed policies that place Americans in danger.

Another terror related attack in the US a month + out from the election. There would be no way for obama nor clinton to spin this that would favor them. Next best thing is for certain media outlets to do the heavy lifting for obama and clinton by downplaying the incident.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Yeah, it was his moment to look presidential and serious and he missed it in such a peculiar way. He was too flippant. It was awkward.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Try Googling Trump, bomb, New York, and see what's coming up in all the papers all over the world, right now.

Some of us are growing suspicious of Trump himself and what he'd do with a "gift" like that. Might not mean that he was in on the planning, only that he's been signalling and signalling and talking up what he would do to bring in police-state measures to "get tough". That's where the power is.

Curious if they'll quickly catch whoever did it... doesn't look like an elaborate patsy set up in this case.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Like I said certain media outlets are doing the heavy lifting for obama / clinton by trying to downplay the incident. Regardless of what Trump said / how he said it he is correct. The failed policies of this administration have not made us safer but quiet the opposite.

I still think this incident in NY and the one from earlier at the 5k race are connected. Explosive in a trash can and a secondary explosive that didnt go off located at both scenes.
edit on 18-9-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

It wasn't just uncomfortable, it was ominous and all the papers are running with the headline about how Trump handled it and what he said, and then there's the question that arises reading between the lines between the lines, on top of another veiled threat of violence recently directed Hillary's way regarding guns.

Would Donald Trump threaten someone to get his way, or align himself with any criminal groups, and what would he do with the existing police state and intelligence infrastructure when and if there's another terrorist attack on US soil?

Would he try to leverage power off such an event..?

It will be interesting to see how this is reported tomorrow.

No one's downplaying it as far as I can tell.

edit on 18-9-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   

So now the spin is somehow trump is linked into the bombs to advance his position. Speaking of covering for obama / clintons failed policies.
edit on 18-9-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Low-energy Hillary called it a bombing from the get-go as well.

But that did not stop her media sycophants from trying to demonize Trump for calling it bomb, which of course it was.

edit on 18-9-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Donald Trump was chastised heavily by his opponents, and the press, for declaring that the Florida nightclub shootings was a terrorist attack, before officials finally came out the next day and verified that it was. And I believe he labeled the San Bernardino shootings as terrorist too. And was chastised for "jumping the gun" on that incident as well.

Nobody apologized for bashing him, and Trump didn't ever say "I told you so!". But voters remember. At any rate, the more he gets slammed, the stronger his positive poll numbers become, and the more resolute his followers (like me) become.

Donald might be wrong about the NYC pipe-bomb, or whatever it was, but nobody's perfect. The important thing in my mind is that he's on top of current events, has opinions, and shares them with the public. Obama promised to be transparent, but he wasn't before being elected. Hillary? The word "transparency" isn't even in her Blackberry's dictionary.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Anyone else notice how the media is talking about these incidents?

Using IED instead of bomb. Urging people to remain calm. No links between this and the incident with the 5k run?

Looking at the reporting via a political standpoint its like the media is doing all it can to play this down to protect obama / clinton from backlash from their failed policies.

yup;.. its an election year all right.

And people wonder why the youth of America seems so detached from everything-especially emotionally charged events news wise or in their personal life. The coldness I feel coming off these kids....

The word bomb carries more emotional weight and has a heavier impact on a persons psyche unless they are afflicted with antisocial personality disorder. Using IED, sounds rather bland, boring...carries no charge to me.

If the media would report it was a BOMB because it was....
That'd be nice. I'm tired of seeing the zombies around me nodding off to events such as this that need to be taken seriously.

Unless it's a false flag event, in which case I don't think it is but ya' never know.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Mark Dice's head almost exploded!

It was the way that Trump represented it. American's want level headedness, not someone talking up the need to great security and intelligence and policing at the first hint of anything that looks like terrorism.

I'm concerned about dark, black-op operators who hear his message and who might decide to hand him a gift to try to elevate him to the Whitehouse where he can enact those policies to the max, big league.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
You just can't freakin help yourselves can you.

Trump/Hillary.. have no place here, yet.. here we go.. all it took was one comment and even a mod joined in..

This is why America falls, too busy pushing agenda's to notice your being attacked on your own soil.

What was that we need to deny again? is this even ATS ?? or a political platform wherein you MUST inject your election preference into every single event.... it's turning many non-us folks right off ATS all together..

but carry on..

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

just an observation.

After reading many of the posts on this thread thinking about previous attacks, I cannot help but notice:

- that some authority figure always has an explanation in far too short a time for a 'surprise unwanted event'.
- the original explanation is rarely, if ever, accurate.
- its common for the narrative to change many times.

My conclusion from this info is that the first explanation of what occurred is designed to frighten the public and maximize the terror. (These days everything is a terror event isn't it?)

Its also designed to ensure that no matter what follows, the first memory people get or are given is what they remember the longest.

Subsequent changes in the explanation are designed to frustrate the public, blur the story and kill off public interest ASAP to ensure the public retain their first memory, forget what happened afterwards and consign the event to history.

E.g; quiss questions;

How many people here can remember all the names from start to finish of that mob we know as ISIS?

When did they first appear on the scene?

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join